3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Alternative products that will work on Phase 1 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/270731-alternative-products-will-work-phase-1-a.html)

Butterfly queen 11-29-2012 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djs06 (Post 4542911)
Thanks, scorbett! I'm compiling my nashua order list for payday tomorrow and will add it! :lol:

Has anyone tried:

Weight Loss Systems Pudding - Chocolate Chip with Marshmallows

Weight Loss Systems Pudding - Classic Butterscotch

Weight Loss Systems Snack - Pretzel Twists

Weight Loss Systems Snack - Milk Chocolate Crunchies

Proti-Thin Crispy Treats - Vanilla

I am trying to pare down my obnoxiously long list of items, haha.

Proti-Thin Crispy Treats- Vanilla remind me of rice crispy treats.

Im escaping 11-29-2012 09:47 PM

I've only tried the pretzel twists from your list. They were definitely okay when you want a snack, towards the end of the bag you remember to drink your water as they can be drying!! But for that occasional change, I like them.

djs06 11-30-2012 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butterfly queen (Post 4543192)
Proti-Thin Crispy Treats- Vanilla remind me of rice crispy treats.

Yes! That's what I was hoping! Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Im escaping (Post 4543193)
I've only tried the pretzel twists from your list. They were definitely okay when you want a snack, towards the end of the bag you remember to drink your water as they can be drying!! But for that occasional change, I like them.

Thanks! They only sell them in single bags so I just bought one. But I'm excited to try it!

I'll let you all know how the others are- I needed a change because I'm getting slightly bored of the tried and true :)

lisa32989 12-13-2012 08:29 PM

Hey all
Use this thread to discuss alternative products

Lareena 12-13-2012 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scorbett1103 (Post 4542720)
OMG I have a new favorite savory snack - Health Wise (Health Smart) Cheddar puffs!!! I liked the IP southwest cheese puffs but wasn't always crazy about the spiciness. These are PERFECT!

http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store...+White+Cheddar

I really enjoy these as well, my only complaint is what my clothing looks like after I eat them.. they are really messy with the fine puffy stuff.:dance:

lisa32989 12-14-2012 06:56 AM

Bumping this as a reminder
No need to start new threads about alternative products
Chat here!

Here is a link to the previous thread for reference
Alternatives for Phase 1 "talk"

gazelle 12-14-2012 07:41 AM

I have learned so much from these boards about alternative products. Everyone has been so helpful! Just wanted to say thanks because I read daily but rarely post.

The best products I have used are:

Proti-diet hot cocoa mix (I mix it with my coffee with cayenne and cinnamon)

Proti-diet apple cinnamon oatmeal and maple oatmeal. I like the fact that they are lower in carbs than the IP version.

Pure Protein bars and pre-made vanilla drink (to add to my tea--has a reclosable top).

I have bought the EAS drinks in vanilla and chocolate, but I am not as wild about the flavor.

Tennismania 12-14-2012 08:00 AM

Where did you buy these items?

Thank you for all this great info. After my pitiful office did not have any of my food, I have decided to go rogue. Any thoughts on where to buy the items you mentioned would be helpful. I ordered some IP food online last night but would love to try these others as well. My coach also told me that he threw the scale by accident! I know not all scales are the same, but this one was always off a bit in my opinion.:dizzy:

Fishette 12-14-2012 08:35 AM

I use Costco Premiere Protein shakes - vanilla for my morning latte and chocolate for my evening hot cocoa. During the day I eat a Proti- item - my favorite is the choc or vanilla wafer. There is a single wafer one and a double wafer one. The doubles are a bit tastier but more carbs. I buy them from Nashua Nutrition .com

Happy hunting!

scorbett1103 12-14-2012 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tennismania (Post 4556486)
Thank you for all this great info. After my pitiful office did not have any of my food, I have decided to go rogue. Any thoughts on where to buy the items you mentioned would be helpful. I ordered some IP food online last night but would love to try these others as well. My coach also told me that he threw the scale by accident! I know not all scales are the same, but this one was always off a bit in my opinion.:dizzy:

Most folks order from www.nashuanutrition.com - they carry the Proti Diet, Proti-thin, Health Smart and Weight Loss System brands which all have a great line that fall within IP's nutritional guidelines.

I recommend still using IP's vitamins (multivitamin, cal mag and potassium calcium), which you can order at www.plainprotein.com with free shipping.

WingnutandMe 12-14-2012 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tennismania (Post 4556486)

Like Scorbett said, Nashua has the biggest selection. I also use Doctors Best Weight Loss. Here is a link to everything they carry that is asparatame free (how convenient). http://www.doctorsbestweightloss.com/aspartame-free/ Sometimes they are a little more than Nashua, but they often have things Nashua is out of stock on. Also, they will put their own brand name on the same products, so just look at the package pictures on Nashua and then there (and the ingredients) and you can match them up.

Netrition (www.netrition.com) is great for DaVinci and Torani syrups and also Walden Farms. Their always a flat $4.95 shipping. That really works for all those heavy glass bottle for the syrups and WF.

Just ask questions here. There are those of us who have been on alternatives for months.

Molly

WingnutandMe 12-14-2012 10:46 AM

BTW, speaking of Doctors Best Weight Loss. I just got an email that for the 3 day weekend they are running a special, Free variety pack of protein bars with a $65 order. Mention "Variety Bars" on the order instructions when checking out. They always have free shipping for orders over $55.

Happy shopping.
Molly

maezy1 12-14-2012 10:48 AM

OMG!!!! got my maple/brown sugar oatmeal!!! Had it for breakfast this morning and it was so good!!!! especially being unrestricted!!! I felt like I was cheating! I Was like a kid in a candy shop yesterday when my first order came in!!!!

Nolawhodatchick 12-14-2012 11:44 AM

Hi all-

I asked this on the daily thread once and got no response. Trying again here...can we safely substitute regular (unsalted) soybeans like you can buy in bulk from Whole Foods for the IP soy bean packets? They are so much cheaper than the packets, and soybeans are easy to munch if you find yourself on the go but needing a snack or meal.

Thanks in advance!

scorbett1103 12-14-2012 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nolawhodatchick (Post 4556676)
Hi all-

I asked this on the daily thread once and got no response. Trying again here...can we safely substitute regular (unsalted) soybeans like you can buy in bulk from Whole Foods for the IP soy bean packets? They are so much cheaper than the packets, and soybeans are easy to munch if you find yourself on the go but needing a snack or meal.

Thanks in advance!

Nope - soy beans are a legume and are on the no-go list for Phase 1. The soy nuts on IP are NOT whole soy beans, they are basically crunchy soy puffs. One ounce of dry roasted soy beans has 125 calories, 51 calories from fat (much too fattening for IP).