Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2013, 12:01 PM   #151  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post

Re buying alternatives in Canada, can you purchase from www.netrition.com? I live in the US and it's a site I use often however, I think my Canadian friends also use that site. Think about getting the Da Vinci syrups ...I also buy my Syntrax Nector protein powder from them. I buy my Carbquik there too...
Are there any good snacks (like chips or crisps) on netrition that are viable IP alternatives? What else does anyone order from there? I visited the web site and find it overwhelming to figure out what to look at! Love the idea of the Carbquik - thanks for sharing.

TIA!
Old 01-17-2013, 04:47 PM   #152  

S/C/G: HW 175/140/125

Height: 5'5

I just checked out proteinwell.ca. They dont have the shakes available there. So i was wanting to order from low carb website. I will be ordering the Syntrax Nectar shakes as my two shakes. However for a snake since they dont have pure protein on that website can i order NUGO, CHOCORITE, or OHYEAH?? I would really appreciate the help as i would like to put in an order today.

Also for the proti diet ones is there any bars that are off limites?? Again thank you for all your help!
Old 01-17-2013, 04:49 PM   #153  

Also for the bars is 15 carbs a lot?
Old 01-17-2013, 09:20 PM   #154  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keish View Post
Also for the bars is 15 carbs a lot?
When you are looking at the carbs, make sure you are subtracting the Dietary Fiber (we don't digest that so it doesn't "count" in the diet). The number you end up with is your NET carbs.

Anything 8 NET carbs or less is an unrestricted item

Anything 9 NET carbs up to about 15 NET carbs is restricted (once per day only)

Anything above that up to about 17 NET carbs is super-restricted (twice per week)

Over that is a bit too many carbs for IP.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:45 PM   #155  

Thank youuu so much for that information!!! I am going to order my supply of shakes and bar now!!
Old 01-18-2013, 04:35 PM   #156  
Back IP alt 100% (again)

S/C/G: 299/232/185

Height: 5'8

So excited!!!! I just placed my first order to Nashua! I've been using just the EAS Strawberry and chocolate drinks and pure protein bars (pnut butter and the cookie one), but I only last a week or so then I fall off and gain whatever I lost. I need more variety...so here's to being 100% OP Alternative....

Here's what I ordered today:
Nashua Nutrition choco soy puffs
Weight Loss Systems choco chip pudding w/marshmellows
Protidiet liquid concentrate grape
Healthsmart Cinnamon cereal
Protithin Vanilla Peanut bar
Just 1 serving sample of Syntrax Nectar Apple Ecstasy...
Protidiet Cheesecake pudding (as a last minute add-in)

I compiled my order based on reviews I've read in all the alternative IP items threads. Although I know tastes vary, I do hope everything is as delicious as everyone says. *fingers crossed* I placed my order today after 1pm AND on a weekend, and if it takes the 5-7 business days for real, then I probably won't get it until way next week, maybe even last week of January. Anywhooo, still super pumped!!!
Old 01-18-2013, 04:39 PM   #157  

I've waded through half the pages thus far but am still looking for some info. I use almost exclusivley the following products from IP:
Choco drink mix powder
Mango premix drink
Herb omlette
Strawberry wafer
Peanut Butter Choco bars/ Double Choco bars
shiritaki noodles

I've read a bunch about the EAS shakes, I have a Wal-Mart and Sams club where I live, what powders or premix can I sub for some of these items?
Old 01-18-2013, 05:08 PM   #158  
Back IP alt 100% (again)

S/C/G: 299/232/185

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by markhenry View Post
I've waded through half the pages thus far but am still looking for some info. I use almost exclusivley the following products from IP:
Choco drink mix powder
Mango premix drink
Herb omlette
Strawberry wafer
Peanut Butter Choco bars/ Double Choco bars
shiritaki noodles

I've read a bunch about the EAS shakes, I have a Wal-Mart and Sams club where I live, what powders or premix can I sub for some of these items?
From Walmart, I buy the EAS CarbAdvantage Strawberry Creme and EAS CarbAdvantage Chocolate. A 4 pk is $4.95, I read somewhere that Costo sells them in bigger bulk for $30 but not real sure. The Strawberry is good, thinner than IP Mango RTD, but to me, just as good, specially blended with ice, makes it taste like Strawberry creme drink from starbucks.

I recommend skipping IP Herb Omelette, its cheaper to use egg whites and add in your own veggies - viola, you have herb omelette.

For peanut butter bar craving, Pure Protein Chocolate peanut butter bars are good (at walmart too).
Old 01-18-2013, 05:13 PM   #159  

S/C/G: 177.6/165.4/140

Height: 5'5''

Proteinwell is where I buy a lot of my stuff from. And Walmart.., I live in Canada!
Old 01-18-2013, 05:31 PM   #160  

So the Pure Protein bars are comparable to IP ones?
Old 01-18-2013, 05:37 PM   #161  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
So the Pure Protein bars are comparable to IP ones?
Not all of them. Whenever you are looking at buying alternatives, you have to check the nutritional information on EVERYTHING. I have posted here a few times what the guidelines are:

under 200 calories per serving

less than 30% total calories from fat (take the calories from fat, multiply by 3 - if it's lower than the total calories you're fine)

Less than 17g NET carbs (subtract Dietary fiber from total carbs)
8g or less NET carbs = unrestricted
9g to 15g NET carbs = restricted (once per day only)
15g to 17g NET carbs = super restricted (twice a week only)

at least 12g protein
Old 01-18-2013, 06:06 PM   #162  

Ok I compared the PP choco/pb bars to IP choco/pb and they are very similar, IP has 150 calories as opposed to 190 w/PP. PP has 16g of carbs as opposed to 17g with IP. IP has 7g of sugar, PP has 2g. PP has 20g of protein, IP has 15g. Not a bad match up. Oh yeah, most importantly- IP bars are $30 for 7 as opposed to $6.27 for 6 @ Wal Mart.
Old 01-18-2013, 06:23 PM   #163  

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Ok I compared the PP choco/pb bars to IP choco/pb and they are very similar, IP has 150 calories as opposed to 190 w/PP. PP has 16g of carbs as opposed to 17g with IP. IP has 7g of sugar, PP has 2g. PP has 20g of protein, IP has 15g. Not a bad match up. Oh yeah, most importantly- IP bars are $30 for 7 as opposed to $6.27 for 6 @ Wal Mart.
The chocolate peanut butter pure protein bars are the only ones I use. I've found most of the other flavors are a lot higher in carbs. I used them A LOT in the beginning, but now I use other bars (some from Nashua, Simply Bars, etc.).
Old 01-19-2013, 09:39 AM   #164  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpittenImage View Post
So excited!!!! I just placed my first order to Nashua! I've been using just the EAS Strawberry and chocolate drinks and pure protein bars (pnut butter and the cookie one), but I only last a week or so then I fall off and gain whatever I lost. I need more variety...so here's to being 100% OP Alternative....

Here's what I ordered today:
Nashua Nutrition choco soy puffs
Weight Loss Systems choco chip pudding w/marshmellows
Protidiet liquid concentrate grape
Healthsmart Cinnamon cereal
Protithin Vanilla Peanut bar
Just 1 serving sample of Syntrax Nectar Apple Ecstasy...
Protidiet Cheesecake pudding (as a last minute add-in)
You ordered a lot of things that I've tried.
Love the choc soy puffs. Cinnamon cereal is a good one for me, too.

I make the pudding into bark (recipe here) -- and like it.

Curious if you like the grape drink - I find it has an aftertaste that doesn't agree with my palate.

Also curious if you like the Syntrax - I picked up 3 flavors, made them following instructions here, and found them to be very thin and watery. I like the drinks to be a little thicker, though --

Hope your order arrives quickly!
Old 01-19-2013, 10:05 AM   #165  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

I like the chocolate soy puffs too and I really like the cheesecake (seems to be either a Love or Hate), but the cheesecake makes me feel like I am eating something really good, put just a dab of WF caramel dip on top, mmm. The caramel dip from WF is the only product by them that I can stomach at all. Too much of a chemical taste for me. I also like the HealthSmart Peanut Butter and Jelly bars, but only occasionally
Closed Thread