Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2012, 10:51 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 208/ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellyT View Post
does anyone know of discounts for Nashua nutrition? I thought that I had seen one recently. I need to order for some of these yum recipes!
Just got a black friday email from them giving those in the US free shipping on orders over $49, use code TURKEY49. For international customers, get $10 off shipping costs using code TURKEY10.
Old 11-21-2012, 10:52 AM   #17  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll74 View Post

I saw a commercial last night and Old Navy has jeans on sale for $15 on black Friday. I was thinking of buying a pair of size 10's, 8's & 6's so that I will have at least one pair ready when I need them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolawhodatchick View Post
IIRC, in past years, Old Navy has offered their black friday specials online too, and I think you can probably also snag free shipping.
I LOVE Old Navy Jeans! There is a store 2 blocks from where I live! You can snag awesome deals and they do last, some of their other items (tops/blouses) can be pretty disposable, but they are cheap and I didn't mind when I was blowing through the sizes - but you can really stock up on the jeans in different colors and styles. The hot pink skinny jeans in my avatar were an Old Navy clearance rack find at $0.97 (yes - that is 97 CENTS). One of my 'hobbies' is scouring Old Navy clearance racks at different stores to see what steals I can find. I am the ultimate 'thrifty & 38' (not quite fabulous & 50).

I am trying to 'upscale casual' my wardrobe a bit, so I am turning towards Ann Taylor, The Limited, Express for more tops & blouses, but I still LOVE Old Navy jeans! Still trying to figure out where 'normal people' shop for clothes.

Honestly, at the very end I was going through sizes like nobody's business - I swear it took me a month to get out of size 14s, but it took a week to get out of size 8s. At the end I was pretty much buying every other size because it was so FAST: (previously my smallest size 12s) size 8, size 4, size 2, size 1. I didn't get the nerve to buy size 2/1 until the VERY end. I would definitely go out and buy the Goal Pants. Also don't forget to do the survey you get with your receipt and you get another 10% off your next purchase (I ALWAYS do them & have them sitting in my wallet).

I believe they are also having their coats at $19 and fleeces at $5 - I desperately need a new winter coat, and at those prices (not including my 10% off) I plan on stocking up on some cute styles & colors. I signed up for their email updates & regularly get coupons - shipping is free with $50+ and you can return for free at the stores, so there is no risk to overbuy and return.

Also, you should sign up for Victorias Secret mailing list - I get free undie coupons every other month or so, since I started IP I've gotten at least 5 pairs of undies that fit, the rest are grannys! Yes, I'm too cheap to throw out my grannys...letting them die out.

And in other shopping news: Express is 50% off until Friday and The Limited is 40% off - I hit them up for some online action recently. Unlike Old Navy (where the clearance racks don't always match online pricing), Express & Limited have the same pricing online & in stores - I just did a clean sweep of The Limited and am about to do an Express online run (tops at $4.99!). I go straight to the 'Sale' section and still find so much cute stuff! I 100% completely shrunk out of my old wardrobe (smallest I had was size 12 before), so I am loving my sales!!!

Last edited by LizRR; 11-21-2012 at 11:07 AM.
Old 11-21-2012, 10:54 AM   #18  
Started IP 06.12.12

S/C/G: 199.4/163.8/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
does anyone know of discounts for Nashua nutrition? I thought that I had seen one recently. I need to order for some of these yum recipes!
They are running a special for their "weight loss systems" pudding and shakes and they are running something for black friday with free shipping on orders over $49
Old 11-21-2012, 10:55 AM   #19  

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
It's going to be an ups and downs kind of day...

The downs - after getting my car back from having the water pump and coolant lines replaced, it all of a sudden just wouldn't go even though the engine was revving when I pushed the gas pedal. I'm 99% sure it's low transmission fluid, but it gets complicated getting to the auto supply store, back to where my car is parked, etc. I'm trying not to freak out since if it's something WORSE than tranny fluid, most mechanics around here are closed till Monday. Deep breaths.

The ups - I did my WI this morning - down 3.2 lbs!!! That puts me in the 170s for the first time in six years!!! I think one of the kids stole my tape measure so I haven't checked measurements, but I am SO encouraged going into the holiday with a good loss!!
AWESOME on the WI!!!!!!
Not so awesome about the car, hope it's something minor.
Old 11-21-2012, 11:06 AM   #20  

Happy Turkey's Eve!!!!

Keep in mind the irony in all of this, considering I will be 100% OP. Thought I was being smart yesterday, and went to get all the booze for Turkey Day. Cart full of booze for friends and family and lettuce for myself, nice lady at the checkout, what could go wrong???? The nice lady cards me and it turns out my license expired earlier this month on my birthday. Yes, I was "that lady" in the checkout. Life, always humbling. Happy to report that I am now a legal driver in the state of Illinois again Oh, and thanks for the heads up Illinois...really no notification what-so-ever that it was expiring...

Really noticing a change in my skin this week. Goodbye cellulite, how awesome is that???? Anyone else getting noticeably soft???
Old 11-21-2012, 11:09 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 169/140/130

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonyainva View Post
Good Morning everyone.

Today is my weigh in day, weighed 2.4 pounds lighter on my home scale than last week and got my period this morning, so very happy with the results.

16.6 pounds to goal
Wow! Great work!! How did you decide on your goal. I set mine at 130 because I thought I could keep it there. I met that and started on phase 3 this morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll74 View Post
Good morning everyone!

Put on the only size 12 jeans I have right now, and I keep having to pull them up. I wore them over the weekend and they were fine, but this week they are a little loose. Should have worn a belt with them.

I have to say it's fantastic to have my pants keep getting looser instead of tighter!
Way to go!!!

I weighed in yesterday at 131 but I weigh in in the afternoon so I checked this morning and hit 130 on my own scale this morning! I'm excited because I was planning on starting phase 3 today either way, but now I made it!!

Breakfast on phase 3 was good. Hopefully I did it right!
Old 11-21-2012, 11:31 AM   #22  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
I LOVE Old Navy Jeans! There is a store 2 blocks from where I live! You can snag awesome deals and they do last, some of their other items (tops/blouses) can be pretty disposable, but they are cheap and I didn't mind when I was blowing through the sizes - but you can really stock up on the jeans in different colors and styles. The hot pink skinny jeans in my avatar were an Old Navy clearance rack find at $0.97 (yes - that is 97 CENTS). One of my 'hobbies' is scouring Old Navy clearance racks at different stores to see what steals I can find. I am the ultimate 'thrifty & 38' (not quite fabulous & 50).

I am trying to 'upscale casual' my wardrobe a bit, so I am turning towards Ann Taylor, The Limited, Express for more tops & blouses, but I still LOVE Old Navy jeans! Still trying to figure out where 'normal people' shop for clothes.

Honestly, at the very end I was going through sizes like nobody's business - I swear it took me a month to get out of size 14s, but it took a week to get out of size 8s. At the end I was pretty much buying every other size because it was so FAST: (previously my smallest size 12s) size 8, size 4, size 2, size 1. I didn't get the nerve to buy size 2/1 until the VERY end. I would definitely go out and buy the Goal Pants. Also don't forget to do the survey you get with your receipt and you get another 10% off your next purchase (I ALWAYS do them & have them sitting in my wallet).

I believe they are also having their coats at $19 and fleeces at $5 - I desperately need a new winter coat, and at those prices (not including my 10% off) I plan on stocking up on some cute styles & colors. I signed up for their email updates & regularly get coupons - shipping is free with $50+ and you can return for free at the stores, so there is no risk to overbuy and return.

Also, you should sign up for Victorias Secret mailing list - I get free undie coupons every other month or so, since I started IP I've gotten at least 5 pairs of undies that fit, the rest are grannys! Yes, I'm too cheap to throw out my grannys...letting them die out.

And in other shopping news: Express is 50% off until Friday and The Limited is 40% off - I hit them up for some online action recently. Unlike Old Navy (where the clearance racks don't always match online pricing), Express & Limited have the same pricing online & in stores - I just did a clean sweep of The Limited and am about to do an Express online run (tops at $4.99!). I go straight to the 'Sale' section and still find so much cute stuff! I 100% completely shrunk out of my old wardrobe (smallest I had was size 12 before), so I am loving my sales!!!
I have a similiar thought process now. Buying stuff as cheap as possible until I get to goal, then I will splurge a little knowing I will be able to fit the clothes for more 6 weeks.

Have fun with the shopping!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriKay View Post
I weighed in yesterday at 131 but I weigh in in the afternoon so I checked this morning and hit 130 on my own scale this morning! I'm excited because I was planning on starting phase 3 today either way, but now I made it!!

GOAL!!!! must feel great.
Old 11-21-2012, 11:42 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 201/ 135/130

Height: 5FT 4in

I'm new to this kinda, I'm just started my 4th week of the IP program. Having a lot of trouble with all of the veggies. Can any one help me get these down? I haven't lost the weight I thought I would either. I'm kind of discouraged.
Old 11-21-2012, 11:58 AM   #24  

My WI today (1 day early)
Wont be -30 by Thanksgiving but I've always been a slow loser so I'm happy with the change down. I surpassed my 40 lb mark AND went down to the next decade. After a couple slower weeks, I'm not gonna call it a whoosh fairy visit but it was a nice change from slow

I'm just not a fast metabolism girl.

Quote:
So, starting tomorrow (Thanksgiving and Black Friday) they have free shipping on orders $49 & over. Code is Turkey49
Also, this week, Weight Loss Systems brand is $10/box. No code needed.
Tomorrow might be time to stock up on cocomint pudding!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
It's going to be an ups and downs kind of day...

The downs - after getting my car back from having the water pump and coolant lines replaced, it all of a sudden just wouldn't go even though the engine was revving when I pushed the gas pedal. I'm 99% sure it's low transmission fluid, but it gets complicated getting to the auto supply store, back to where my car is parked, etc. I'm trying not to freak out since if it's something WORSE than tranny fluid, most mechanics around here are closed till Monday. Deep breaths.

The ups - I did my WI this morning - down 3.2 lbs!!! That puts me in the 170s for the first time in six years!!! I think one of the kids stole my tape measure so I haven't checked measurements, but I am SO encouraged going into the holiday with a good loss!!
Oh man, car troubles in a ONE car family
I hope is is the fluid and not something worse.
Yay for the WI & the new decade. You are getting so close to goal. So glad you stuck it out on P1, through everything, rather than trying to go back later to finish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu64 View Post
I'm new to this kinda, I'm just started my 4th week of the IP program. Having a lot of trouble with all of the veggies. Can any one help me get these down? I haven't lost the weight I thought I would either. I'm kind of discouraged.
Go to the very first post of this thread and click fun with veggie purees.
I add them to IP soups. I also go the idea to add spinach to my dark chocolate smoothies (really, you can't taste it!) Liz suggested adding lettuce but I could taste that so I stuck with spinach.
Today I had an IP omelet with 1 c sauteed veggies. For lunch I'll have White Cheddar crisps with cucumber & celery (I'll be out & about and that's portable). We're going out for dinner. I'll have meat and steamed veggies at the restaurant. I usually have veggies breakfast, lunch, dinner.

Last edited by lisa32989; 11-21-2012 at 12:05 PM.
Old 11-21-2012, 12:06 PM   #25  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu64 View Post
A lot of people put 1 cup of spinach in a blender/magic bullet with their chocolate drink. They swear you can't tast the spinach. I like my veggies too much to liquify them.

I looooove roasted cauliflower. Just toss the florettes with EVOO & salt, then roast at 400 until they brown.

Also try LizRR's veggie puree recipes. You can mix them in soups and use in other recipes. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...ie-purees.html

Also, try new veggies. I started making turnip fries when I got bored in the first few weeks and thosed really saved me.
Old 11-21-2012, 12:11 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 190/179/160

Height: 5'9"

Hello Ladies! New here, but had to share...week #2 WI -3.8 for a total of -11! Happy Thanksgiving!

Megan
Old 11-21-2012, 12:30 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 203/188/153

Height: "5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriKay View Post
Wow! Great work!! How did you decide on your goal. I set mine at 130 because I thought I could keep it there. I met that and started on phase 3 this morning.

Way to go!!!

Congratulations on reaching goal!!!!
Old 11-21-2012, 12:56 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 180/141.5/130

Height: 5'3"

Happy WI Wedsnesday everyone!!

I'm done 1.5lbs this week! Works for me!!

Good luck with the shopping and Happy American Thanksgiving
Old 11-21-2012, 12:57 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 230/195/140

Height: 5' 5"

Happy Wednesday All,

I am new to the site and love all the sharing and advice. I started IP in September and still have a way to go. I am looking forward to keeping up with all of your successes.
Old 11-21-2012, 01:04 PM   #30  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

A little LOL for your lunchtime....I forgot to pack utensils and am eating my cubed pork loin & leftover veggie puree with a very large, comically gigantic serving spoon! This thing barely fits in my mouth!
Closed Thread