Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2012, 06:32 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 373/331/195

Jampooh - I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your mother. Losing a parent is hard. (I lost my mom (63 - faded away from breast cancer) and my dad (69 -unexpectedly) last year. It was rough.) I am so proud of you and the way you dealt with trying to stay OP. (((Hugs)))

Thank you everyone for the advice about my coach and her 'methods'. She did have a look at my food journal but then in her quest to try to figure out where I went off program asked me a gazillion questions. I felt like I was in the Spanish Inquisition. Not to mention that I'm celiac so I couldn't eat half of the things she was asking me about in the first place! Oh well... like many have said, I'm so glad to have y'all for support. I think if I was hoping to get that kind of support from her I'd be in big trouble... My sister (also doing IP) laughed when I told her about what happened because I said, "when I'm a coach there is no way I'm going to do that to a client!". (It's funny because I have a long way to go before I'll be a coach - like 100 pounds or more! Lol... but I'm planning ahead.)

I chose to do the group sessions here as it was $600 cheaper. (Here we have to sign up and pay in advance for 6 months. There is only one choice of clinic/program. (They refund those who reach goal and phase out before the 6 month point. They do this because they were having trouble with people losing a significant amount of weight and then feeling like they could go it on their own, only to gain back all they'd lost. The clinic is very committed to maintaining - in fact they measure their success that way.)

My coach looks like she's never had a weight issue - though she says she has - but her experience with IP amounts to a week of Phase 1 that she had to do. (Which she says she hated.)

I was planning to stick with the group setting (as I also enjoy the people I go with) until the end of this six month period, but then switch over to an individual plan then. (I'll be picking a new coach then as well.)

However, I think if I have another week like this one with my current coach, I'll let my dissatisfaction be known. (My sister's coach is the one in charge of all the coaches - and is wonderful.)

Now I need some advice of another type - I teach 4th grade (equivalent anyway) and we have our class photos on Thursday. I can't figure out what to wear... not to mention I'm going to have to try a lot of things on to figure out what will work. In the past I've usually opted for black slacks and top, with a coloured jacket. Boring, I know... What do you think?
Old 11-20-2012, 06:41 PM   #62  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jampooh View Post
i just wanted to share about my past week. First of all my mother died after a wonderful long almost 93years. She was comfortable and did not suffer a long drawn out time of illness. That was a blessing. Being a nurse I see the other many times.
Anyway,my sister(on IP also) and I went down to the Detroit area and stayed at my brother's. He is single as am I, but he does not cook. Ate out a lot over the last 5 days. Usually made OP choices but did go non OP over these days. What I am encouraged by is that the the choices and serving sizes I made were so different to what I would have picked before IP.
Had good visits with old friends and family over those days. I know that is what my Mom would have wanted. But she would also now want me to get back OP and continue the path and life.
I kept reading the posts through those days so all of you where with me too.
I'm so sorry about the loss of your mother. How wonderful that time you could spend time with important people. Great to hear you are continuing on with IP in her memory. Take care of yourself while you grieve.

Last edited by lisa32989; 11-20-2012 at 06:42 PM.
Old 11-20-2012, 09:02 PM   #63  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaHen View Post
I agree with the other poster who said and use it as motivation to show them just what you can do!!

I wanted to report that I had my WI yesterday and was down 5.8 pounds. This brings my total to 29 pounds gone and a little over 34 inches off my body. Holy cow, that is nearly three feet!! My husband is also down 38.6 pounds and a little over 24 inches off his body. I am so thankful that I found IP, this site and all the wonderful people that have helped me out along the way so far.
Nice job MommaHen!!! You've got this!!!

Jampooh, So sorry for your loss.
Old 11-20-2012, 10:29 PM   #64  
8/23/12 - 1/6/13

S/C/G: 170/140/135

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by maezy1 View Post
Lynnie, Is it a sit down dinner or a wander around party? I would eat beforehand and then bring a fresh veggie tray for the appetizers. If it is a sit down dinner I would let the hostess know that you are on a very restricted eating plan and please don't be insulted if you don't eat the dinner or something like that. Maybe then she will offer to allow you to bring your own! I have a big Christmas party coming up as well with lots of incredible food and drink. I'm already planning to eat beforehand and drink maybe a MIO with lime!
I agree. When I host a dinner party I would really like to know if someone has a food allergy or is sensitive to any food item so I can plan around it. I would call the hostess and let her know that my eating is very restrictive. I suggest bringing a meat and veggie meal with you (if it is a sit down dinner) because it can make the other diners uncomfortable to be eating in front of you. We were all taught that no one starts eating until everyone has their plate, so it feels really rude to be eating while someone is not eating something. You want everyone to enjoy the evening and not feel like they are misbehaving by eating in front of you.
Old 11-20-2012, 10:38 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 235/186/150

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hgamroth View Post
Nice job MommaHen!!! You've got this!!!

Jampooh, So sorry for your loss.
Thanks Holly! 100% all the way!
Old 11-20-2012, 10:46 PM   #66  
Andi

S/C/G: 219/191.7/145

Height: 5'5

Tomorrow, is weigh in...Hope it is a good day. It would be better for me to go into Thanksgiving strong.
Closed Thread