Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2012, 02:19 PM   #46  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

There are quiet a few newbies floating around just wanted to give a few words to help out to stay on program through the holidays...here is the link

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...h-holiday.html
Old 11-20-2012, 02:22 PM   #47  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynnie63 View Post
Fellow Peeps,

Need a little advice here - not sure how to handle a Christmas party that's coming up in a couple of weeks.

This is a work Christmas party, just the managers and my boss's house. His wife does all the cooking, we just bring an appetizer. I can handle myself at a restaurant, but at a house dinner party that's not at my mother's I dont know what to do.

Part of me just says to sit there and eat nothing if it's food I can't eat, and then eat when I get home (or before).

I could email and ask what's she's planning on making and if it's nothing that's OP ask if it's ok to bring food that's on plan - or not ask and just bring.

It's just my first time with this situation.

I can tell you that I will not eat anything that is not on program!
Lynnie, Is it a sit down dinner or a wander around party? I would eat beforehand and then bring a fresh veggie tray for the appetizers. If it is a sit down dinner I would let the hostess know that you are on a very restricted eating plan and please don't be insulted if you don't eat the dinner or something like that. Maybe then she will offer to allow you to bring your own! I have a big Christmas party coming up as well with lots of incredible food and drink. I'm already planning to eat beforehand and drink maybe a MIO with lime!
Old 11-20-2012, 02:32 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 248.4/156.8/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
People are either "with me" or they aren't. I don't have time for those who want to hurt me...
Amen, sister! You either like me or you don’t. It took me thirty-something years to learn how to love myself. I don’t have that kind of time to convince somebody else, nor do I feel the need to try!
Old 11-20-2012, 02:37 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by maezy1 View Post
Lynnie, Is it a sit down dinner or a wander around party? I would eat beforehand and then bring a fresh veggie tray for the appetizers. If it is a sit down dinner I would let the hostess know that you are on a very restricted eating plan and please don't be insulted if you don't eat the dinner or something like that. Maybe then she will offer to allow you to bring your own! I have a big Christmas party coming up as well with lots of incredible food and drink. I'm already planning to eat beforehand and drink maybe a MIO with lime!
This is great advice! And was something I did A LOT during different events. I'd also bring my restricted with me and eat it while at the event so I felt like I was having something too, and would often bring an orange drink or something like it that I could pop into a bottle of water if I found myself starving and in need of something to get me through - especially if we ended up staying longer than we'd expected to.

People are getting better and better about accepting that some of us have food restrictions, so I'm hoping it won't be much of a big deal for you.
Old 11-20-2012, 02:45 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 243/211.5/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi Linnie 63, I run into this all the time with our social circle. I bring raw veggies and dip (I don't have the dip) and I phone the hostess and offer to bring a green salad (letting her know I am on a restricted plan) then I will at least have salad to eat if nothing else is on plan, usually there is a protien or a pickle there too!lol Good luck you are awesome to be planning ahead!
Old 11-20-2012, 02:48 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 243/211.5/150

Height: 5'5"

Thank you Wuv for the holiday post link! You inspire me every week.
Old 11-20-2012, 02:52 PM   #52  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCanada View Post
Thank you Wuv for the holiday post link! You inspire me every week.
Welcome...good luck in your journey
Old 11-20-2012, 03:21 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 274/212/190

Height: 5ft 3in

i just wanted to share about my past week. First of all my mother died after a wonderful long almost 93years. She was comfortable and did not suffer a long drawn out time of illness. That was a blessing. Being a nurse I see the other many times.
Anyway,my sister(on IP also) and I went down to the Detroit area and stayed at my brother's. He is single as am I, but he does not cook. Ate out a lot over the last 5 days. Usually made OP choices but did go non OP over these days. What I am encouraged by is that the the choices and serving sizes I made were so different to what I would have picked before IP.
Had good visits with old friends and family over those days. I know that is what my Mom would have wanted. But she would also now want me to get back OP and continue the path and life.
I kept reading the posts through those days so all of you where with me too.
Old 11-20-2012, 03:24 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Height: 5'8"

So sorry to hear about your loss, jampooh.
Old 11-20-2012, 03:25 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 275/ticker/195

Height: 5'10"

So sorry about your Mother jampooh. Glad you got to see some old friends and family. Glad your tastes are changing, and portion sizes! I know some of the things I thought I was going to miss I don't even crave anymore!
Hope you have a good holiday
Old 11-20-2012, 03:36 PM   #56  

SO sorry Jampooh....my mom died in May at 85 but she died of cancer and yes, she suffered.
It was so good to hear about your good choices! You are right about IP. It makes you think differently and changes your taste buds. I find myself wanting cauliflower....what is that all about????
Old 11-20-2012, 03:51 PM   #57  
Started IP 4/4/2012

S/C/G: 267.8/150/150

Height: 5'5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by maezy1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IPdivajen View Post
This is great advice! And was something I did A LOT during different events. I'd also bring my restricted with me and eat it while at the event so I felt like I was having something too, and would often bring an orange drink or something like it that I could pop into a bottle of water if I found myself starving and in need of something to get me through - especially if we ended up staying longer than we'd expected to.

People are getting better and better about accepting that some of us have food restrictions, so I'm hoping it won't be much of a big deal for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCanada View Post
Hi Linnie 63, I run into this all the time with our social circle. I bring raw veggies and dip (I don't have the dip) and I phone the hostess and offer to bring a green salad (letting her know I am on a restricted plan) then I will at least have salad to eat if nothing else is on plan, usually there is a protien or a pickle there too!lol Good luck you are awesome to be planning ahead!
Thanks everyone for your advice!

It is a sit down dinner and will bring a veggie tray and the salad if it's not an OP meal. There are 8 of us, so it's a small party.

I dont know if she know's I'm on a diet - I saw her 2 weeks ago and a couple of times over the summer she said nothing - it's kind of weird. Her husband (my boss) is the jerk about the whole thing shoving cookies towards my mouth and making the rude comments.

Thanks!! It's on the 9th of December, so I have a while, but I've been fretting over it since I found out about it yesterday.
Old 11-20-2012, 04:01 PM   #58  
Started IP 4/4/2012

S/C/G: 267.8/150/150

Height: 5'5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by jampooh View Post
i just wanted to share about my past week. First of all my mother died after a wonderful long almost 93years. She was comfortable and did not suffer a long drawn out time of illness. That was a blessing. Being a nurse I see the other many times.
Anyway,my sister(on IP also) and I went down to the Detroit area and stayed at my brother's. He is single as am I, but he does not cook. Ate out a lot over the last 5 days. Usually made OP choices but did go non OP over these days. What I am encouraged by is that the the choices and serving sizes I made were so different to what I would have picked before IP.
Had good visits with old friends and family over those days. I know that is what my Mom would have wanted. But she would also now want me to get back OP and continue the path and life.
So sorry to hear about your mother.
Old 11-20-2012, 04:56 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 267/159/150

Height: 5"3

Quote:
I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my Mom 2yrs ago, she was very sick but it happened quickly and on her terms. I wasn't dieting when she passed but TG I didn't go nuts w/ comfort by eating. I applaude you for your choices at what what an extremely painful and difficult time. (((Hugs))
Old 11-20-2012, 05:36 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 235/186/150

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Sorry to read about the loss of your mom.

Glad your are getting back OP in her honor.
Closed Thread