Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2012, 12:20 PM   #31  
started IP Oct 3/12

S/C/G: 225/restart 188/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Ideal Protein is extremely low calorie, so you don't really have much to burn with exercise. You will over-deplete your body if you exercise and don't compensate for it with extra packets. Exercise also does NOT improve results (the opposite, it often causes a stall in losses). If you feel you WANT to exercise, do so because it is something you enjoy, or for toning - don't exercise like you would for weight loss/maintenance. And if you choose to, you need to be sure to have an extra packet on exercise days, within 1/2 hour of finishing so that your body has fuel to aid in muscle recovery.
Thanks for that I always enjoyed jogging (not running) just light jogging and would love to be able to do it again. I guess I can try it for a week (while adding in an extra packet) and see what happens with my results come WI.
Old 11-13-2012, 12:21 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 186.6/126.8/125

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocahontas812 View Post
I had a craving for meatloaf last night, but wasn't sure what I could use as a binding agent. Usually it's bread crumbs, but obviously those weren't an option. Decided to use the IP potato puree pack. Used 1lb of 93% ground beef, 2 egg whites, almost the whole potato packet, 1 green pepper, 1 red pepper, and 2 bunches of scallions all finely chopped in the food processor, and a bunch of seasonings (salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika, dash of hot sauce). OMG, it was as good as any traditional meatloaf I've ever made!!!
That sounds TASTY! I've got the Chef Verati IP cookbook and his recipe calls for using the IP Southwest Cheese Curls as the binding agent (I like your idea better ) I'm going to try it!

I'm going to try the Cauliflower poppers today...I really hope they come out good.
Old 11-13-2012, 12:26 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 186.6/126.8/125

Quote:
Originally Posted by clo2551 View Post
Good Morning! I have an exercise question. My coach pretty much tells me not to exercise at all and if I feel I have to exercise it should be at an extremely light pace. I have read and known people that do exercise and I understand that it can't be at intense pace but what's wrong with a little bit of exercise?
Thanks for the response Scorbett...My coach told me the exact same thing. I figured I'd see how things went without going to the gym the first 6 weeks and then start some muscle toning in week 7.
Old 11-13-2012, 12:43 PM   #34  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

No problem! I wasn't a huge exerciser before IP, but I'm starting to get the itch now - I'm going to try some light yoga for flexibility and core strength, and see how it goes. Before I gained all the weight I was a HUGE cycler, can't wait till I feel good enough to get back on the bike!
Old 11-13-2012, 01:02 PM   #35  

[QUOTE=pocahontas812;4527442]Over time, I think clothing companies gradually adjust their clothing sizes to accommodate their customer base. Our generation is heavier than previous generations. A 12 these days is not the same thing as a 12 5-10 years ago. People might be less likely to buy new clothes if they have to go up a size.....we like to live in denial. Designers don't want to lose sales, so they make those 8s, 10s, 12s, etc a little bit roomier so you think you are the same size even though you're not. It's not until you try on some older clothes that you realize sizes have been adjusted. I am currently a loose 12, but I can't fit into the 12s I was wearing 5 years ago.

Rather than a clothing size, aim for getting to a place where you feel healthy and good about yourself

Ditto, I was going to write the same thing! well said. sizes also vary between manufacturers.
Old 11-13-2012, 01:03 PM   #36  

I guess that Whoosh fairy came visit you last night huh?....he was good to you....congrats!

Good morning from sunny Mississippi, its a beautiful day compared to yesterday raining all day. This morning I wanted to wear my angel wing pendant I bought this weekend so I pulled out a purple leather cord that came with a necklace my ex bought for me years ago that never fit my neck cuz it was 16in, well this morning it fit and looks great! actually even hangs on my neck not a choker....lol....gonna be a good day!
[/QUOTE]

That's a great NSV! You look awesome!
Old 11-13-2012, 01:10 PM   #37  
Started IP 4/4/2012

S/C/G: 267.8/150/150

Height: 5'5'

Quick question - do you know any of the other clients at your clinics? From the start I asked my coach to give my info to anyone else at their clinic for local support and was directed to 3FC instead. I guess I'm used to WW where you know people who are going thru the same thing.

I was thinking of asking her to set up a clothing exchange her clinic, but I'm not sure if she'll be receptive.

It would be good to have some people who are local. For any of you Connecticut IPers (I'm in Manchester) - PM me!

Last edited by Lynnie63; 11-13-2012 at 01:10 PM.
Old 11-13-2012, 01:24 PM   #38  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynnie63 View Post
Quick question - do you know any of the other clients at your clinics? From the start I asked my coach to give my info to anyone else at their clinic for local support and was directed to 3FC instead. I guess I'm used to WW where you know people who are going thru the same thing.

I was thinking of asking her to set up a clothing exchange her clinic, but I'm not sure if she'll be receptive.

It would be good to have some people who are local. For any of you Connecticut IPers (I'm in Manchester) - PM me!
Does your clinic have a FB page? or do y'all get an email daly? where you can have access to names of people in your area?
Old 11-13-2012, 01:26 PM   #39  
Started IP 10/18/12

S/C/G: 286/Ticker/170

Height: 5'11"

Hello all!!
I was out of town all weekend -- and wowza, that was my first week that I have been out of town while on IP. It was tough -- I did the best that I could with the options. Definitely not easy to have your veggies right at hand when you are constantly going -- but, overall I think I did ok. Had my food with me. I was up 2.5 lbs from being gone 4 days -- but, I am back on it fully. Any tips for traveling while OP?
Old 11-13-2012, 01:29 PM   #40  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocahontas812 View Post
Over time, I think clothing companies gradually adjust their clothing sizes to accommodate their customer base. Our generation is heavier than previous generations. A 12 these days is not the same thing as a 12 5-10 years ago. People might be less likely to buy new clothes if they have to go up a size.....we like to live in denial. Designers don't want to lose sales, so they make those 8s, 10s, 12s, etc a little bit roomier so you think you are the same size even though you're not. It's not until you try on some older clothes that you realize sizes have been adjusted. I am currently a loose 12, but I can't fit into the 12s I was wearing 5 years ago.

Rather than a clothing size, aim for getting to a place where you feel healthy and good about yourself.
I say the same thing. With vanity sizing and different manufactures who cares what size you wear. Go by the way you feel. Last resort, go by the scale even if that really doesn't tell the whole story either. It's really all about our health and how we feel about our self.
Old 11-13-2012, 01:33 PM   #41  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alliegirl17 View Post
Hello all!!
I was out of town all weekend -- and wowza, that was my first week that I have been out of town while on IP. It was tough -- I did the best that I could with the options. Definitely not easy to have your veggies right at hand when you are constantly going -- but, overall I think I did ok. Had my food with me. I was up 2.5 lbs from being gone 4 days -- but, I am back on it fully. Any tips for traveling while OP?
Planning is key to travel. No sure if you had to fly to your destination or if you drove. Driving is easier since you can pack a small cooler with veggies and stuff.

Flying can be a little trickier, but I've done it. Take some packets and your shaker with you. When you get to your destination, you can pick up some veggies at a supermarket & also some RTD's like EAS Carb Advantage or the Atkins shakes.

Subway is a great place to get a quick lunch. Just get oil & seasonings instead of a dressing.
Old 11-13-2012, 01:40 PM   #42  
Started IP 06.12.12

S/C/G: 199.4/163.8/140

Height: 5'4"

after pigging out for my bday yesterday i am back on the wagon today staying OP have a good day everyone!!!!!
Old 11-13-2012, 01:47 PM   #43  
Started IP 10/18/12

S/C/G: 286/Ticker/170

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll74 View Post
Planning is key to travel. No sure if you had to fly to your destination or if you drove. Driving is easier since you can pack a small cooler with veggies and stuff.

Flying can be a little trickier, but I've done it. Take some packets and your shaker with you. When you get to your destination, you can pick up some veggies at a supermarket & also some RTD's like EAS Carb Advantage or the Atkins shakes.

Subway is a great place to get a quick lunch. Just get oil & seasonings instead of a dressing.
Thank you for this. I flew -- so it was definitely trickier ... but I will definitely remember that for next time. I have another trip here in about 3 weeks.
Old 11-13-2012, 01:51 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 267/159/150

Height: 5"3

Good afternoon!! Had my WI this morning. 7.4lbs gone for a total of about 14lbs!! I was so nervous cause I feel so premenstrual. The coach I saw today was nice but a little hyper for me. She was very nice and supportive but didn't let me talk much.
Ran into a co-worker which was nice.

Off to have lunch!! Cyber hugs ladies!!!
Old 11-13-2012, 01:53 PM   #45  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaNurse View Post
Good afternoon!! Had my WI this morning. 7.4lbs gone for a total of about 14lbs!! I was so nervous cause I feel so premenstrual. The coach I saw today was nice but a little hyper for me. She was very nice and supportive but didn't let me talk much.
Ran into a co-worker which was nice.

Off to have lunch!! Cyber hugs ladies!!!
great wi....congrats!
Closed Thread