Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2012, 12:52 PM   #31  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmuroff1 View Post
I can hear it now after i put this post lol....today is my birthday so i am treating myself to a hall pass for the day...not going all out crazy but giving myself a little things here and there them tomorrow i go back to normal NSV...my dad looked at me yesterday and said "wow your skinny" lol
Happy Birthday!
Old 11-12-2012, 01:19 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 275/ticker/195

Height: 5'10"

Happy Birthday jmuroff1

Congrats on your loss Pocahontas812!

newlady sorry your coach acted upset. So crazy how people's moods affect us. I'm glad you left hers at the door. I seem to always want to carry them around awhile, which is NOT GOOD!!

Hope everyone has a great day. I got a lot of rest this weekend after being really sick, and I think it did me some good. Feeling great today
Old 11-12-2012, 01:25 PM   #33  
Started IP 06.12.12

S/C/G: 199.4/163.8/140

Height: 5'4"

Thank You everyone for the birthday wishes!!!
Old 11-12-2012, 01:30 PM   #34  
Ready to reboot

S/C/G: Reboot with 140 as my goal

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
greenlillybethThis diet is too expensive to do w/o results.
I hovered around the same 3.5 pounds for over a month of frustration with no good answers or suggestions from my coach. When I went in for a WI with a +0.6 I went postal (well my version of postal :-) cuz those non-loses were costing me about $200 a week ($100 for packets and sometimes WF products plus the added cost of protein and expensive alt veggies I don't usually buy). I also mentioned that hey this diet's been around for 20-25 years, there has to be plenty of evidence out there on what changes I could make.

SO, finally they suggested eating my lunch IP at breakfast w/veggies, my dinner protein/veggie meal at lunch, my IP breakfast at dinner and my usual snack at the usual time. So far that has helped. I think my body just wasn't able to process all the stuff I was eating between 6 pm and 6 am. Now with lighter meals at the end of my day, I've started losing again. Slowly, but at least a downward trend again. I did ask last week about moving my largest meal to breakfast but they said no. (my thinking was that it would fuel me good all day...)

Good luck greenlillybeth, hope your coaches can help!!
Old 11-12-2012, 01:31 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Height: 5'8"

Hi all! Just popping in to say hello!

Happy birthday, jmuroff! And Liz, huge congrats on your running! Amazing!

Things are okay with me. Tomorrow is my last day of phase 3 then it's phase 4 until January 2 when I go back to phase 1 to lose my last 20. I'm so glad I decided to do it this way - I know it's not the 'traditional' way but this is a lifestyle and so much more than just the destination so it's exactly right for me. Having said that, I don't plan to go all out insane, that's for sure - too nervous to put everything back on! But I figure it's a great way to reintroduce myself to what life will be like again moving forward since that's what scares me the most overall. Time will tell!

Have a great day, everyone!
Old 11-12-2012, 02:06 PM   #36  
IP- a journey; not a race

S/C/G: 245/188/168

Height: 5'4" 41yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPdivajen View Post
Hi all! Just popping in to say hello!

Happy birthday, jmuroff! And Liz, huge congrats on your running! Amazing!

Things are okay with me. Tomorrow is my last day of phase 3 then it's phase 4 until January 2 when I go back to phase 1 to lose my last 20. I'm so glad I decided to do it this way - I know it's not the 'traditional' way but this is a lifestyle and so much more than just the destination so it's exactly right for me. Having said that, I don't plan to go all out insane, that's for sure - too nervous to put everything back on! But I figure it's a great way to reintroduce myself to what life will be like again moving forward since that's what scares me the most overall. Time will tell!

Have a great day, everyone!
IPdivajen - The decision to phase off for the holidays is a personal one. You are being very responsible and going about it the correct way. I wish you the best of luck! Please, keep us newbies posted on how you handle/deal with being P4. I would really love insight/advice on how you feel it ends up going and what you would do again and what you would do differently. Also, if you find it harder to go back to P1 after the holidays. I, as many others are concerned/worried about this process of going to P4 down the road and how to not go back to old eating habits. Thanks in advance, Jen
Old 11-12-2012, 02:33 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 205/182 start IP/170/125

Height: 5'1"

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by newlady View Post
Good morning off for week 14 weigh in did not loose last week coach acted upset. But I was good left her attitude at the door. Hope everyone has a great day.
i am sorry to hear about your coach thats such a downer. I have heard of lot of you complain about your coaches, but I gotta say, I have the best coach ever! She is always happy for me, and when I don't do a good as I want, she is always there for me, keeping me encouraged by reassuring me that I have stayed the course and it will be better next week. She doesn't rush me through my appointments, if I need to talk, she listens and suggests. I know that she is other peoples coach also, but I feel as though she is there for just me. I wish I could share her with you all! she is simply amazing

I like that you left their attitude at the door, good for you! negitivity doesn't belong in this program! Sometimes I have to remind myself that it is a life change, not a weight loss only
Old 11-12-2012, 02:49 PM   #38  
Started IP 7/9/12

I hate that all the work rewards are food related here. New safety record = fried chicken catered lunch.....Passed our AS/ISO audit= pizza lunch.

Then every one asks why I am not eating with them. Sometimes I just want to slap them.

I'm also still on the rotation to bring in the doughnuts/bagels on Fridays. I haven't had any of it since July, but I'm still expected to stop at a bakery and pick out doughnuts for everyone.

Next time I'm thinking vegan doughnuts....lets see if they keep me on the list after that one.

OK, I'm done venting.
Old 11-12-2012, 03:07 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 182/150/144

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
I can hear it now after i put this post lol....today is my birthday ...
Happy Birthday!
Old 11-12-2012, 03:29 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 267/159/150

Height: 5"3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll74 View Post
I hate that all the work rewards are food related here. New safety record = fried chicken catered lunch.....Passed our AS/ISO audit= pizza lunch.

Then every one asks why I am not eating with them. Sometimes I just want to slap them.

I'm also still on the rotation to bring in the doughnuts/bagels on Fridays. I haven't had any of it since July, but I'm still expected to stop at a bakery and pick out doughnuts for everyone.

Next time I'm thinking vegan doughnuts....lets see if they keep me on the list after that one.

OK, I'm done venting.
I totally agree with you!! I'm an RN and EVERY special occasion/holiday at work centers around food!! Ice cream parties, pizza parties.....

Every Nurses Week (and this is everywhere I have worked) is a food fiesta. At my current job, we don't get much but fantasy dessert is what they have every year. A room with tables FULL of cakes, cookies, pies.....all you can eat.

I wonder what they'll do this year. They are going after people for weight now. We have to have had a physical and lab work done by March 2013. If we are overweight and don't seem to have a plan (this part is a little cloudy) we will be charged an extra $350 on insurance a year.

LOVE LOVE LOVE the vegan bagel idea. I bet they make them somewhere.

Last edited by NinjaNurse; 11-12-2012 at 03:30 PM.
Old 11-12-2012, 03:34 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 214/183/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaNurse View Post
I totally agree with you!! I'm an RN and EVERY special occasion/holiday at work centers around food!! Ice cream parties, pizza parties.....

Every Nurses Week (and this is everywhere I have worked) is a food fiesta. At my current job, we don't get much but fantasy dessert is what they have every year. A room with tables FULL of cakes, cookies, pies.....all you can eat.

I wonder what they'll do this year. They are going after people for weight now. We have to have had a physical and lab work done by March 2013. If we are overweight and don't seem to have a plan (this part is a little cloudy) we will be charged an extra $350 on insurance a year.

I am wondering when my work will start charging for overweight. I think it will be coming. 2 years ago, they started charging more for smokers. Is your company using BMI as the indicator for who is overweight? That seems to be the problem, what to use for the measure.
Old 11-12-2012, 03:36 PM   #42  
Started IP 7/9/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaNurse View Post

I can't believe they would charge more for the health insurance!

I've been googling vegan bakeries and there are some in the area. I might even try the Wholefoods, they always have vegan desserts there.
Old 11-12-2012, 03:43 PM   #43  

Yowza, charging more because people are overweight?! Eeps! I mean rationally I get it, but the implementation - talk about adding insult to injury!!
Old 11-12-2012, 03:48 PM   #44  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenRem View Post
IPdivajen - The decision to phase off for the holidays is a personal one. You are being very responsible and going about it the correct way. I wish you the best of luck! Please, keep us newbies posted on how you handle/deal with being P4. I would really love insight/advice on how you feel it ends up going and what you would do again and what you would do differently. Also, if you find it harder to go back to P1 after the holidays. I, as many others are concerned/worried about this process of going to P4 down the road and how to not go back to old eating habits. Thanks in advance, Jen
Thanks!

Yeah, it's not even about phasing out for the holidays it's more that I need a break. My body needs a break. Loosing 130lbs in seven months has messed with my skin and my hair growth cycle. I'm not saying that it would have been dangerous for me to continue - not at all. Look at wuv and how long she's been at it! It's totally doable. I just knew that for ME I needed a break both mentally and physically and this timing just seemed to be right.

I timed it more to coincide with taking this running class than the holidays, but I can't deny that it will be a nice bonus to be in phase 4 for Christmas. But it really is on ME and no one else to stay the course for these next few weeks. Nothing will keep me from starting again January 2, this much I know, because I am not done. I will not stop now. I'm merely pausing, changing up my route, then getting back on the highway come January 2 once my 5k run is done.

Will definitely keep you posted on how things go and share anything that might be worth sharing. I'm scared and excited all at once about what the next few weeks have in store and I'm terrified that I won't be as strong as I know I'll have to be. But I'm also confident that I'll be able to self correct when necessary, and thankfully DH is in the same place as me so we've told ourselves that we're accountable to each other, too, which is powerful for us.
Old 11-12-2012, 03:56 PM   #45  
Restart 4/1/19

S/C/G: 226.8/190.0/140

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Thank You everyone for the birthday wishes!!!
Happy Happy Birthday!!

Closed Thread