Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2012, 11:09 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 169/140/130

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by guil28 View Post
Congrats on your loss!!!

I woke up with a massive headache this morning not sure what that is all about... can't wait for it to calm down... argh...
When I have a headache I drink down some salt water, it's gross but it helps the headache. It doesn't always go away but at least it makes me functional! I'm not very good about measuring my salt so a headache is my sign that I haven't been getting enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenlillybeth View Post
Happy Veterans Day all.... I'm getting frustrated. As some of you may know I haven't been losing. I am OP have been doing this a month and the last two weeks I have averaged the same weight. I am very discouraged as I have had the ability to do this and better w/o ideal protein (but was never able to keep it off which is why I am here, to learn the phase 3 and 4 rules so that I never go back to pregnancy weight unless pregnant). But I will never get to phase three and four if it keep s going like this. This diet is too expensive to do w/o results. What really is the difference btwn this and a lo/no carb diet? That is the way I have always lost in the past. Two weeks I've been floating around 204-208. Never knowing what I'm going to get. Please if someone could let me know why ip is the way to go? My coach hasn't given me a great answer as of yet. Thanks. I hope you all have a great day.
I'm losing but it has been a SLOW process. What helped me the most was weighing my meat. I had been eating way too little. When I started I asked my coach what 8 oz. looked like and she told me, so I was having 1 chicken breast or 1 piece of fish. Now that I weigh, I'm eating 1 1/2 chicken breast and 2 or more pieces of fish. I'm also loosing faster. Also, make sure you measure your veggies. When I eyeball it I eat too much cooked veggies and not enough raw veggies. Maybe you already knew these things, but it's what has worked for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by newlady View Post
Good morning off for week 14 weigh in did not loose last week coach acted upset. But I was good left her attitude at the door. Hope everyone has a great day.
I think our coaches are sometimes trained to act unhappy. They don't want us to think that they are in it for the money, if they acted happy at no loss it would appear they want us on the program longer! If it happens again this week be sure to ask for advice. My coaches always had some little thing to try (weigh, measure, olive oil, C, etc.) and suddently I'm losing like crazy!
Old 11-12-2012, 11:12 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocahontas812 View Post
Week 3 WI this morning, down 3.8# for a total of 12.4! Feeling great!
Awesome job! Doesn't it feel great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by guil28 View Post
Congrats on your loss!!!

I woke up with a massive headache this morning not sure what that is all about... can't wait for it to calm down... argh...
Try putting some sea salt on the back of your hand, licking it off and chasing it with some water.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mei View Post
Today marks the beginning of week two. Starting to feel like I've got this.
This week I go back to adding an additional consulting gig 2-3 nights a week in addition to my regular job (last week my client was out of town). This will make meal planning an extra challenge.
Planning is key. Lots of portable packets and packet hacks that travel well. Make sure to have an emergency stash (both restricted and non-restricted) in case you need them at your second gig.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolawhodatchick View Post
Good morning everyone! Happy Veteran's Day!

I went to dinner at a friend's yesterday. She bent over backwards to make things I could eat. All went well except I didn't realize the 0/0/0 spice she used had plenty of salt. I feel like I'm carrying and extra pound of water today. Ah, well, it's only water and it will pass! But I learned a lesson.
If that is the worst thing that happened (a little extra salt), I would count that as a win! Great job staying OP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by newlady View Post
Good morning off for week 14 weigh in did not loose last week coach acted upset. But I was good left her attitude at the door. Hope everyone has a great day.
If you were OP, I wouldn't worry to much. Everyone has zero loss weeks (some people who are 100% OP even have weeks where they gain).

Good morning all! I wish I had today off, but I'm slowly getting ready for work. Great WI this morning, down 5.4 pounds! Which means I met my 30 by Thanksgiving goal a week early. I'm hoping I can get below 270 before my next weigh in (which will be in 5 days - on Friday - because we are traveling out of town for Thanksgiving). Feeling very motivated and confident as I get ready for my Thanksgiving vacation - fully intend to stay 100% OP. I'm am also so close to halfway I can taste it. Hopefully I will be there when we get back from Thanksgiving.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 11-12-2012, 11:18 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 182/150/144

Height: 5'2.5"

Just curious...does anyone who has been on IP for a while still eat the 1 to 2 "free" egg whites on a regular basis? I'm thinking to start doing it daily, one in morn, one in early afternoon, to help combat the low energy I'm having due to my hypoglycemia. They seem to help but I've been hesitant to make it a daily affair, though now I think I should. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.
Old 11-12-2012, 11:19 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 182/150/144

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LosingLawyer View Post
Good morning all! I wish I had today off, but I'm slowly getting ready for work. Great WI this morning, down 5.4 pounds! Which means I met my 30 by Thanksgiving goal a week early. I'm hoping I can get below 270 before my next weigh in (which will be in 5 days - on Friday - because we are traveling out of town for Thanksgiving). Feeling very motivated and confident as I get ready for my Thanksgiving vacation - fully intend to stay 100% OP. I'm am also so close to halfway I can taste it. Hopefully I will be there when we get back from Thanksgiving.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Congrats on the great WI!
Old 11-12-2012, 11:22 AM   #20  

WI tomorrow. Im only on my 3rd or 4th WI altho I just started week 7. Been weighing every other week due to schedule. I sure hope that I lose some
Old 11-12-2012, 11:22 AM   #21  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Just curious...does anyone who has been on IP for a while still eat the 1 to 2 "free" egg whites on a regular basis? I'm thinking to start doing it daily, one in morn, one in early afternoon, to help combat the low energy I'm having due to my hypoglycemia. They seem to help but I've been hesitant to make it a daily affair, though now I think I should. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.
I have it sometmes but not every day. Tweak yourself for a week and see how it goes. If it works for you then go for it, if it stalls you then omit it. Sometimes we have to experiment
[IWell THAT whoosh fairy can visit me ANYTIME!....hahaha....good to have these kinds visit....lol
[/I]
Old 11-12-2012, 11:37 AM   #22  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
I sent you a private message this morning, after I read the weekends posts. I had some suggestions for you.

The egg whites are ok to do daily.
Old 11-12-2012, 11:58 AM   #23  

Quote:
This diet is sort of tricky because it's not really a do what works for you plan, however, I suggest do what works for you in your case! You have to have energy to lose weight and get through the day.
Old 11-12-2012, 12:02 PM   #24  

I'm struggling with evenings. I teach and MUST have time to unwind before bed or I don't sleep. I used to grab a snack and sit in front of the TV. Now I drink my shake, which takes a few minutes, then feel guilty sitting doing nothing. I think I'm going to try to talk my hubz into getting a house cat. We have always said no inside animals, but if I could pet her, it would give my hands something to do and I'd feel less guilty about unwinding!! We have the prettiest outside kittens that I've been feeding & bringing in the house once a day anyway, I'd just have to choose which one would be the best house cat!
Old 11-12-2012, 12:06 PM   #25  
Started IP 06.12.12

S/C/G: 199.4/163.8/140

Height: 5'4"

I can hear it now after i put this post lol....today is my birthday so i am treating myself to a hall pass for the day...not going all out crazy but giving myself a little things here and there them tomorrow i go back to normal NSV...my dad looked at me yesterday and said "wow your skinny" lol
Old 11-12-2012, 12:22 PM   #26  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmuroff1 View Post
I can hear it now after i put this post lol....today is my birthday so i am treating myself to a hall pass for the day...not going all out crazy but giving myself a little things here and there them tomorrow i go back to normal NSV...my dad looked at me yesterday and said "wow your skinny" lol
Happy Birthday!!!!! enjoy ur day since you will be OP again tomorrow!
Old 11-12-2012, 12:31 PM   #27  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Quote:
Its YOUR choice.....if you choose to go off plan that is on you and only you
Old 11-12-2012, 12:32 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 257.4/203.2/185

Height: 5'6

Hi everyone!

I fell off the wagon a little bit, nothing too drastic, but I am retaining several lbs of water. Today I am back on track but CRAVING sweets. So bad, I wonder if I'm getting another TOM even though I just had mine two weeks ago :-/

Trying to push through. Those last lbs sure are killers.
Old 11-12-2012, 12:43 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 190/ticker/165

Height: 5'8"

Weekends are hard! I ended up at lunch on Saturday at a Chinese restaurant for a friends birthday. I avoided the rice and noodles and the fried foods but ended up with a chicken and vegetable meal I am fairly certain had too much sugar. Hopefully it wasn't too bad!

The hardest thing about the weekends is the lack of structure. Normally I can space out my meals and veggies and do pretty good but with the way the weekends work it just isn't the same. I also found myself wanting the sugary foods the kids had around. I had been eating a restricted bar for breakfast but I determined I should save that for later in the day when I needed a little extra something.
Old 11-12-2012, 12:50 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Quote:
I have them every morning and have since the beginning (I'm in week 10). I did get a little bit lazy about 'measuring' when using the egg whites in the carton, so now I just use the actual egg and ditch the yolk. Also, I used to put in some veggie shreds and now I don't. But yeah, have used them since the beginning so I can put my "actual breakfast" off until late morning, then my lunch to mid-afternoon, etc. This has been lifesaving for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriKay View Post
I'm struggling with evenings. I teach and MUST have time to unwind before bed or I don't sleep. I used to grab a snack and sit in front of the TV. Now I drink my shake, which takes a few minutes, then feel guilty sitting doing nothing. I think I'm going to try to talk my hubz into getting a house cat. We have always said no inside animals, but if I could pet her, it would give my hands something to do and I'd feel less guilty about unwinding!! We have the prettiest outside kittens that I've been feeding & bringing in the house once a day anyway, I'd just have to choose which one would be the best house cat!
I totally understand where you're coming from. Before IP I was fine all day eating-wise but I'd sit on the couch and hog out when I got home from work. Cats ARE a nice distraction! lol we have four and at least one of them are always looking for love. Are you crafty at all? Maybe try out some knitting or something like that! Or you could switch your snack- sometimes I feel like the shakes aren't "real" food in the way that the chocolate soy snacks etc are.

Quote:
happy birthday! Enjoy!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaBoBanna View Post
Hi everyone!

I fell off the wagon a little bit, nothing too drastic, but I am retaining several lbs of water. Today I am back on track but CRAVING sweets. So bad, I wonder if I'm getting another TOM even though I just had mine two weeks ago :-/

Trying to push through. Those last lbs sure are killers.
I hear you. I wasn't great this weekend but not a total trainwreck, either. White knuckle through the cravings and you'll feel so much better tomorrow. I have been chugging water like it's going out of style and am on my second cup of chamomile tea- that's really helped!! Also I've found that I get cravings two weeks after my TOM and right before as well. It makes sense I guess, but it really sucks.

Last edited by djs06; 11-12-2012 at 12:53 PM.
Closed Thread