Old 11-06-2012, 12:33 PM   #46  
Ready to reboot

S/C/G: Reboot with 140 as my goal

Height: 5'4"

After not owning a scale for 35-40 years I bought one about IP week 3. Calibrated it showed 1.3 lbs more than the one at the WI site. (note that I don't call it a clinic as it is not staffed by any medical personnel and is really just a retail site with someone that writes down your measurements...) After a few weeks the scale went bonkers, i returned it twice and the ones I exchanged it for were worse than the original!!!!! (as much as I loved seeing an overnight loss of 20-25 lbs) Bought a Taylor from Costco and it weighs right on with the digital scale at my WI site.

I weigh myself post-pee first thing in the morning. And now that my weight loss is out of the doldrums, the .4-.5 lb loss it shows every morning I consider my "true" weight, not the Monday WI one since that one changes dramatically depending when I drank my last 2 lbs of water, how far I walked to a meeting on campus, what I had for dinner at noon and whether or not I remembered to drink more water after a coffee.
Great Dane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 01:30 PM   #47  
Carb Addict

S/C/G: 290/290/180

Height: 5'6"

Good morning everyone, I am back from my break and back OP. a ton of things happened while on my break. I joined the YMCA with DH and have attended a bunch. I am really enjoying my yoga classes. Last week I lost my job which is uber stressful. I still am planning on staying OP inspite of this. I did gain back 5 lbs on my break so hope that comes off pretty quickly.
Tigerlvr52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 01:38 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 136/120/115

Height: 5'4"

Went in for W3 WI yesterday and was 10 lbs lighter (total) - and the 3 week mark wasn't until TODAY!!! I am SO thankful for finding this forum and for the wonderful and helpful folks - AND for this diet. IP is helping me control my glucose levels as well as my blood pressure and cholesterol. Was pre-diabetic when I started this - will be anxious to see what the blood work shows when I go back for my checkup! Thanks again to all of you that post helpful hints and your wonderful recipes - they are lifesavers!
sstw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 01:52 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaloJ View Post
Good morning, all you US voters! And good morning to friends from other nations as well!

Have I mentioned lately that I have now joined the 100 pound club????? NO?????? Well, let me tell you now!

I am now 103 pounds lighter than I was last March!!!!!

I have been one who has lost 1 1/2 to 2 pounds a week, with an occasional 3 pound week stuck in there. So, those of you with slower losses: DON"T GIVE UP!!!!!! IT ALL ADDS UP!!!!!!

Maybe I will get my girls to help me post some pix later.

Blessings to all! Hang in there, it is SO worth it!
Congrats! I haven't seen you on the board in a while, so I was wondering how you were doing! Can't wait to see the pictures!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlvr52 View Post
Good morning everyone, I am back from my break and back OP. a ton of things happened while on my break. I joined the YMCA with DH and have attended a bunch. I am really enjoying my yoga classes. Last week I lost my job which is uber stressful. I still am planning on staying OP inspite of this. I did gain back 5 lbs on my break so hope that comes off pretty quickly.
Glad to hear you are back on IP after the break! Sorry to hear about your job. Hang in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenlillybeth View Post
I know I'm not supposed to weigh myself every day but I've been stuck at 207 for 4 days and this is the longest stretch since going on the diet that I've stayed the same weight. I was hoping for SOMETHING. Any pointers? I'm still testing positive for ketosis. I have a cheat dy scheduled for nov 17 and I really wanted to get under 200 before that date.

Well I hope everyone has a wonderful day. Don't worry I will keep sticking to it. The scale is just such a huge motivating factor for me.
I'm a daily weigher, but I don't let little fluctuations get to me. Sometimes the scale doesn't move several days, sometimes it moves every day. After I lift weights I might even gain. If it stresses you out, put it away and only weigh on your scheduled day.

I would think long and hard about your cheat day. If I lost a pound for every post I've seen where someone regrets a cheat day, I'd be at goal. I took some time off IP while I went on vacation, but I properly phased out (phase 2 and phase 3) and I ended up actually losing weight on my vacation. The phases are there for a reason, and I would not eat anything off plan unless I was properly phasing off. Just my two cents.

Rainbow - you are looking great and I'm glad to see that you are still enjoying the bike rides. I went on a four mile walk last night after dinner and it was wonderful.

Long line at the polls this morning, but I voted. I also made the cauliflower pancakes again - this time I added more cauliflower. Still too egg-y for me, but the extra protein is needed today because I have my body pump class tonight. Hope everyone has a great OP day!
LosingLawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 02:04 PM   #50  
IP start: 21 October 2012

S/C/G: 190.6/135.4/140

Had my W2 WI yesterday; down a total of 8.6 lbs. Feeling pretty good!
pocahontas812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 02:13 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 236/202/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by LosingLawyer View Post
Congrats! I haven't seen you on the board in a while, so I was wondering how you were doing! Can't wait to see the pictures!

Glad to hear you are back on IP after the break! Sorry to hear about your job. Hang in there.

I'm a daily weigher, but I don't let little fluctuations get to me. Sometimes the scale doesn't move several days, sometimes it moves every day. After I lift weights I might even gain. If it stresses you out, put it away and only weigh on your scheduled day.

I would think long and hard about your cheat day. If I lost a pound for every post I've seen where someone regrets a cheat day, I'd be at goal. I took some time off IP while I went on vacation, but I properly phased out (phase 2 and phase 3) and I ended up actually losing weight on my vacation. The phases are there for a reason, and I would not eat anything off plan unless I was properly phasing off. Just my two cents.

Rainbow - you are looking great and I'm glad to see that you are still enjoying the bike rides. I went on a four mile walk last night after dinner and it was wonderful.

Long line at the polls this morning, but I voted. I also made the cauliflower pancakes again - this time I added more cauliflower. Still too egg-y for me, but the extra protein is needed today because I have my body pump class tonight. Hope everyone has a great OP day!
You're right. I don't want that cheat day. My coach put it in there for me bc my daughter wants chima's for her b day dinner (it's a Brazilian steak house). Thing is you can't order your own meat it's all cooked on spits and delivered around the room. Maybe if I research I can find a meat that has no 'cheat worthy' spices on them. Then I could just stick to the meat and veggies served there. I really don't want to cheat. Cheating is how I have wound up getting down to 196 three times since the birth of my almost two yr old (this is not he child that wants chima's! Lol. That is my 11 yr old!) but wound up back at 230 just as many times. I CAN'T do that anymore. So you're right. No cheat day. I disnt want t anyway. I will just figure a way around it.
greenlillybeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 02:15 PM   #52  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaloJ View Post
Good morning, all you US voters! And good morning to friends from other nations as well!

Have I mentioned lately that I have now joined the 100 pound club????? NO?????? Well, let me tell you now!

I am now 103 pounds lighter than I was last March!!!!!

I have been one who has lost 1 1/2 to 2 pounds a week, with an occasional 3 pound week stuck in there. So, those of you with slower losses: DON"T GIVE UP!!!!!! IT ALL ADDS UP!!!!!!

Maybe I will get my girls to help me post some pix later.

Blessings to all! Hang in there, it is SO worth it!
I remember when you started. Congratulations. Lately, I've been feeling bad about being a slow loser as I see so many that started after me lose more. I'm still plugging along. Been gone so no WIs for a few weeks, so hopefully I'll get closer to my 100# lost, too. I'm happy for you.

Quote:
Were you going to a clinic before? I have been toying with the idea of going through ideal to go versus a clinic because my clinic was so far away. I'm just worried about not having the support that is provided by your clinic. My husband is doing the ideal to go and he just emailed his guy a question yesterday and hasn't gotten a response yet. Now, I have texted my coach a few times and she doesn't seem to have a lot of answers. So....... Not sure which is better. Would you mind letting me know why you made your decision?
I spent 3 months with a coach that derided me on my slow loses (I was cheating she said) and then laughed how she cheated (she was supposed to be losing on the program). It would demoralize me terribly. I finally decided there was more help and support on this forum than any team of coaches could ever provide and you can almost always get an answer within minutes, unlike most coaches. Wuv is a coach and is always more than willing to help and answer questions. Others here have more experience and knowledge than most coaches. All you need is a place to order your food and this forum. IMHO.

Molly
WingnutandMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 02:24 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 182/150/144

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
I would think long and hard about your cheat day. If I lost a pound for every post I've seen where someone regrets a cheat day, I'd be at goal.
I have had tempations to cheat, but it comes down to this: I don't want to be on this diet a day longer than necessary! Yes, I am impatient in a way, but that impatience is working for me on this. I cheated once in the first week, for ice cream, and it so wasn't worth it. Call me crazy, but I don't like phase 1 very much and the faster I can move on, the better. So I'm following the rules, having faith when it looks like it "might not" be working that it really is, and trying to remember to look at the results based on weeks and months, not days. Nothing compares to the joy of taking more lbs off my ticker!
Nolawhodatchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 02:24 PM   #54  

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
I remember when you started. Congratulations. Lately, I've been feeling bad about being a slow loser as I see so many that started after me lose more. I'm still plugging along. Been gone so no WIs for a few weeks, so hopefully I'll get closer to my 100# lost, too. I'm happy for you.

I spent 3 months with a coach that derided me on my slow loses (I was cheating she said) and then laughed how she cheated (she was supposed to be losing on the program). It would demoralize me terribly. I finally decided there was more help and support on this forum than any team of coaches could ever provide and you can almost always get an answer within minutes, unlike most coaches. Wuv is a coach and is always more than willing to help and answer questions. Others here have more experience and knowledge than most coaches. All you need is a place to order your food and this forum. IMHO.

Molly
Ok. That is kind of how I have been feeling as well. My coach scheduled me for a cheat day nov 17 when all I asked for was if she had information or insight into wether or not I could find something ip friendly at the restraint I was going to for my daughters b day. Not only did she suggest a cheat day for that dy but was like you can have one for hanks giving too!? I was like no I'm good my husband and I already found some good cauliflaur mashed 'potatoes' and turkey. But I thought she would be more supportive. Like offer suggestions to me versus cheat days. I wasn't asking for one or expecting one just hoping for some insight. Maybe ideal to go is the way to go after all.
Old 11-06-2012, 02:24 PM   #55  

Quote:
You're right. I don't want that cheat day. My coach put it in there for me bc my daughter wants chima's for her b day dinner (it's a Brazilian steak house). Thing is you can't order your own meat it's all cooked on spits and delivered around the room. Maybe if I research I can find a meat that has no 'cheat worthy' spices on them. Then I could just stick to the meat and veggies served there. I really don't want to cheat. Cheating is how I have wound up getting down to 196 three times since the birth of my almost two yr old (this is not he child that wants chima's! Lol. That is my 11 yr old!) but wound up back at 230 just as many times. I CAN'T do that anymore. So you're right. No cheat day. I disnt want t anyway. I will just figure a way around it.
Honestly, it shouldn't be that hard to stay OP at the Brazilian steakhouse. I haven't eaten at one while on IP, but I've eaten at several pre-IP. You can usually get salad and roasted veggies at the salad bar, so no problem with the veggies. For the meat, I don't recall any of the meats having sugary glazes. Call the restaurant and find out what they put on the meat. I honestly think you will be okay, and think of how good you will feel knowing that you didn't cheat.
Old 11-06-2012, 02:28 PM   #56  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolawhodatchick View Post
I have had tempations to cheat, but it comes down to this: I don't want to be on this diet a day longer than necessary! Yes, I am impatient in a way, but that impatience is working for me on this. I cheated once in the first week, for ice cream, and it so wasn't worth it. Call me crazy, but I don't like phase 1 very much and the faster I can move on, the better. So I'm following the rules, having faith when it looks like it "might not" be working that it really is, and trying to remember to look at the results based on weeks and months, not days. Nothing compares to the joy of taking more lbs off my ticker!
I'm not talking about eating something because I just want to..... Our coaches schedule cheat days!!!! I don't think some people are understanding what I'm saying. If his is not he norm then Holy moly I don't want to keep seeing them. I could do better on my own. I too do not want to be on this diet a day longer which is why I have NEVER cheated and do not intend to, I was instructed to so so. I'm really bummed if this is not the norm why would my coach permit it.
Old 11-06-2012, 02:30 PM   #57  

Quote:
Ok. That is kind of how I have been feeling as well. My coach scheduled me for a cheat day nov 17 when all I asked for was if she had information or insight into wether or not I could find something ip friendly at the restraint I was going to for my daughters b day. Not only did she suggest a cheat day for that dy but was like you can have one for hanks giving too!? I was like no I'm good my husband and I already found some good cauliflaur mashed 'potatoes' and turkey. But I thought she would be more supportive. Like offer suggestions to me versus cheat days. I wasn't asking for one or expecting one just hoping for some insight. Maybe ideal to go is the way to go after all.
Wow! That's the first I've heard of a coach encouraging a cheat day! Bizarre. You have the right attitude (that you want to stay 100%), and you were asking for information to stay on plan. Hopefully you can find another coach or if you don't need that accountability, get the support from the boards like Molly and countless others have done/are doing.
Old 11-06-2012, 02:32 PM   #58  

Quote:
Honestly, it shouldn't be that hard to stay OP at the Brazilian steakhouse. I haven't eaten at one while on IP, but I've eaten at several pre-IP. You can usually get salad and roasted veggies at the salad bar, so no problem with the veggies. For the meat, I don't recall any of the meats having sugary glazes. Call the restaurant and find out what they put on the meat. I honestly think you will be okay, and think of how good you will feel knowing that you didn't cheat.
Thanks!!!! That is what I was looking for. Just wanted someone's input other than the coach who told me to just cheat. Really she was like you can start your day w bagels and cream cheese. I looked at her like she was crazy and told her that wasn't what I was looking for. Even my Gf who isn't on ip was like a whole cheat day!? Not a cheat meal, but a day!? Glad I talked to you all about it before proceeding w/o caution.
Old 11-06-2012, 02:34 PM   #59  

Quote:
I'm not talking about eating something because I just want to..... Our coaches schedule cheat days!!!! I don't think some people are understanding what I'm saying. If his is not he norm then Holy moly I don't want to keep seeing them. I could do better on my own. I too do not want to be on this diet a day longer which is why I have NEVER cheated and do not intend to, I was instructed to so so. I'm really bummed if this is not the norm why would my coach permit it.
Ask him why he schedules a cheat day.
Explain to him that you have joined this community and it doesn't appear to be the norm.
It never hurts to ask questions!

I've eaten at Brazilian steak houses. Unless there is a sweet glaze, you don't have to worry about any spices. Spices are OP!
You'll find fresh veggies you can eat & then you just need to figure out how to STOP at 8 oz of meat, because it just keeps coming! If there were any cheat to make, I'd do it with not worrying exact measurements of how much I ate & I'd just "do my best" with foods I knew I could have.

Last edited by lisa32989; 11-06-2012 at 02:36 PM.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 02:41 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 182/150/144

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
I read your last few posts and understand now. IDK why she is scheduling cheat days. To give her the benefit of a doubt, her intent is probably good, but it isn't protocol and isn't necessary. But I agree that a steakhouse is very doable OP...meat, salad, steamed veggies! Yum! Does your coach's info seem off in other areas? This board is the best coach ever.
Nolawhodatchick is offline   Reply With Quote