Old 11-06-2012, 02:45 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 236/202/150

Height: 5'6"

Well thank you all for your comments. I no longer feel as though I'm being led astray. I'm going to stop writing for today. I feel like I've monopolized the forum a bit. Happy voting to those of you who haven't done it yet. Thank you to all of you super losers who are my inspiration on this forum and thanks for all of the great advice!!!
greenlillybeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 02:51 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 182/150/144

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenlillybeth View Post
Were you going to a clinic before? I have been toying with the idea of going through ideal to go versus a clinic because my clinic was so far away. I'm just worried about not having the support that is provided by your clinic. My husband is doing the ideal to go and he just emailed his guy a question yesterday and hasn't gotten a response yet. Now, I have texted my coach a few times and she doesn't seem to have a lot of answers. So....... Not sure which is better. Would you mind letting me know why you made your decision?
Not going to a clinic now. I got tired of hearing a coach talking about being on program herself and then talking about drinking beer, eating stuff way OP. Sooo...I'm now going it via online and with the wonderful help of the folks here. They have provided me with sooo much information. I think which is better depends on your personality, your clinic, your coach. For example, if Wuv was my coach, I think I'd still be at the clinic!

Last edited by Nolawhodatchick; 11-06-2012 at 03:00 PM. Reason: typo
Nolawhodatchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 02:54 PM   #63  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Well thank you all for your comments. I no longer feel as though I'm being led astray. I'm going to stop writing for today. I feel like I've monopolized the forum a bit. Happy voting to those of you who haven't done it yet. Thank you to all of you super losers who are my inspiration on this forum and thanks for all of the great advice!!!
Monopolize all you want. It's very important you get answers to questions you might have. What you're describing can make this extremely sucessful program look suspect and even put a bad taste in your mouth (no pun intended) and possibly you would quit. As you can see we are all here for you and more than willing to help.

Molly
WingnutandMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 03:02 PM   #64  

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
Monopolize all you want. It's very important you get answers to questions you might have. What you're describing can make this extremely sucessful program look suspect and even put a bad taste in your mouth (no pun intended) and possibly you would quit. As you can see we are all here for you and more than willing to help.
This!
This is the Daily Chat. We're here to chat!
I'm so glad to hear this was some coach "weirdness" and not your own planned cheat. Where you are going for dinner is TOTALLY doable! Not sure why coach would suggest a cheat...(my inside thinks b/c it generates more income)
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 03:02 PM   #65  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlvr52 View Post
Good morning everyone, I am back from my break and back OP. a ton of things happened while on my break. I joined the YMCA with DH and have attended a bunch. I am really enjoying my yoga classes. Last week I lost my job which is uber stressful. I still am planning on staying OP inspite of this. I did gain back 5 lbs on my break so hope that comes off pretty quickly.
Welcome back!

Quote:
You're right. I don't want that cheat day. My coach put it in there for me bc my daughter wants chima's for her b day dinner (it's a Brazilian steak house). Thing is you can't order your own meat it's all cooked on spits and delivered around the room. Maybe if I research I can find a meat that has no 'cheat worthy' spices on them. Then I could just stick to the meat and veggies served there. I really don't want to cheat. Cheating is how I have wound up getting down to 196 three times since the birth of my almost two yr old (this is not he child that wants chima's! Lol. That is my 11 yr old!) but wound up back at 230 just as many times. I CAN'T do that anymore. So you're right. No cheat day. I disnt want t anyway. I will just figure a way around it.
The brazilian steak houses I have been to only season with sea salt. I think you will be safe eating there.

Just stay away from the little cheesy breads & fried plantains. =)
ragdoll74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 03:16 PM   #66  
IP- a journey; not a race

S/C/G: 245/188/168

Height: 5'4" 41yo

[QUOTE=LosingLawyer;4520980]

I would think long and hard about your cheat day. If I lost a pound for every post I've seen where someone regrets a cheat day, I'd be at goal. I took some time off IP while I went on vacation, but I properly phased out (phase 2 and phase 3) and I ended up actually losing weight on my vacation. The phases are there for a reason, and I would not eat anything off plan unless I was properly phasing off. Just my two cents.

LosingLawyer - PLEASE, HELP!

I'm still somewhat a newbie (3 1/2 weeks on IP). After doing a lot of reading on 3FC, this is the first I've ever heard of this........ the phasing out on P2 and P3 BEFORE a vacation.

Do I understand this correctly? If I'm in P1 and have a planned vacation (5 day cruise starting Dec 2) should I be phasing out thru P2 and P3 Before I go, even though I'm not at goal (no where close HaHa)? Then when return go straight back to P1 and continue my weight loss journey?

Is this better for my body/ketosis than just staying on P1 through Dec 1 and while on vacation try to make good food choices (proteins, low fat, low complex carbs/no simple carbs)?

Does IP protocol address this situation at all?

My coach knows about this vacation (scheduled before I started IP) and that I had planned to go off IP. He said "No, problem". He has other IP clients that have done the same thing and when they return, they WI and just get back on P1. He's never mentioned this idea of phasing out before the trip.

I'd LOVE input from any and all of you on this topic. Thanks in advance, Jen
JenRem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 03:18 PM   #67  
~Tara~

S/C/G: 258/ticker/135

Height: 5' 2"

Got my shipment of Davinci's today- the coffee bar is open. Peppermint, cherry, raspberry, butter rum, Irish creme, and amaretto mochas all around. I am going to be wired!

Last edited by GoalFor40; 11-06-2012 at 03:19 PM.
GoalFor40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 03:20 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 250/250/150

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaloJ View Post
Good morning, all you US voters! And good morning to friends from other nations as well!

Have I mentioned lately that I have now joined the 100 pound club????? NO?????? Well, let me tell you now!

I am now 103 pounds lighter than I was last March!!!!!

I have been one who has lost 1 1/2 to 2 pounds a week, with an occasional 3 pound week stuck in there. So, those of you with slower losses: DON"T GIVE UP!!!!!! IT ALL ADDS UP!!!!!!

Maybe I will get my girls to help me post some pix later.

Blessings to all! Hang in there, it is SO worth it!
Amazing!!! Great job, can't wait to see pics
kileymed13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 03:29 PM   #69  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
Oh...and looking good Rainbow!
aww shucks....thank you beautiful fiance!!!!!!
rainbowsmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 03:35 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 250/250/150

Height: 5'0"

I had a NSV yesterday and today. I tried on pants I never though would fit yet and I was able to zip them up without difficulty!! No more saggy baggy pants for work. It felt so good and opens up clothing options.

Rainbow your pic is beautiful, great job riding your bike to the polls. You inspire me every day I read your posts.

WI tomorrow morning but I feel great regardless of what the scale tells me.
kileymed13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 03:38 PM   #71  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
Good morning everyone, I am back from my break and back OP. a ton of things happened while on my break. I joined the YMCA with DH and have attended a bunch. I am really enjoying my yoga classes. Last week I lost my job which is uber stressful. I still am planning on staying OP inspite of this. I did gain back 5 lbs on my break so hope that comes off pretty quickly.
welcome back tiger!!! so sorry about your job loss....trust me when i saw, i can relate....dh was out of work 22 months. its a hard road but dig in you can do it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LosingLawyer View Post
I'm a daily weigher, but I don't let little fluctuations get to me. Sometimes the scale doesn't move several days, sometimes it moves every day. After I lift weights I might even gain. If it stresses you out, put it away and only weigh on your scheduled day.

Rainbow - you are looking great and I'm glad to see that you are still enjoying the bike rides. I went on a four mile walk last night after dinner and it was wonderful.

Long line at the polls this morning, but I voted.
i am with you...a daily weigher...and i like the accountability!! i keep a spreadsheet so compare it with the same day exactly a week before...and it always excites me because i am always down...even if it fluctuates day to day!! i love my omron scale...its my best friend!!

i love love love getting on that bike!!! rode with my dh and my lovely daughter this weekned, she is half my age and i left her in my dust!! hahaha i loved it!! she could not keep up!! just goes to show that training does wonders!!!

a four mile walk....im in awe!!! i struggle to walk 1 mile....and trust me...doing that 5K back in sept took all i had to complete!!! BUT....put me on a bike and 20 miles is a piece of cake!!! i wish i could walk better!!! but at least i'm walking now without the aid of a cane!!! whooop whoooooop!!!!
Old 11-06-2012, 03:39 PM   #72  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by kileymed13 View Post
I had a NSV yesterday and today. I tried on pants I never though would fit yet and I was able to zip them up without difficulty!! No more saggy baggy pants for work. It felt so good and opens up clothing options.

Rainbow your pic is beautiful, great job riding your bike to the polls. You inspire me every day I read your posts.

WI tomorrow morning but I feel great regardless of what the scale tells me.
awww thank you kiley....YOU are so sweet!!! I LOVE MY BIKE!!!! YAH!!!! on the no more baggy pants!!!
Old 11-06-2012, 03:45 PM   #73  
Started IP 4/23/12

S/C/G: 232/129/132

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaloJ View Post
Good morning, all you US voters! And good morning to friends from other nations as well!

Have I mentioned lately that I have now joined the 100 pound club????? NO?????? Well, let me tell you now!

I am now 103 pounds lighter than I was last March!!!!!

I have been one who has lost 1 1/2 to 2 pounds a week, with an occasional 3 pound week stuck in there. So, those of you with slower losses: DON"T GIVE UP!!!!!! IT ALL ADDS UP!!!!!!

Maybe I will get my girls to help me post some pix later.

Blessings to all! Hang in there, it is SO worth it!
Awesome job! I'm ten lbs behind you and then I'm done! Well, not done but starting the hard part, maintenance which scares me. But I really like veggies now so will always try to get 4 cups in a day.

Quote:
Great to see you back Tiger. I have seen so many come and go on here in 7 months. Let's be the tough ones that finish everyone!

Great pic, Rainbow and biking in the rain, you go girl! I voted too!
Beck81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 03:53 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 203/188/153

Height: "5'2"

Hello all! I have been researching the Ideal Protein diet after a friend of mine lost 60 pounds on it. I'm so excited to start, and so happy to see all the support and advice of those who have come before me. Thanks to all the great info, I feel confident that I can do the alternative plan, without having to go the way of the clinic. I plan to start this Monday, hopefully my supplements and initial products get here soon.
Dresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 03:59 PM   #75  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

[QUOTE=JenRem;4521068]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LosingLawyer View Post

I would think long and hard about your cheat day. If I lost a pound for every post I've seen where someone regrets a cheat day, I'd be at goal. I took some time off IP while I went on vacation, but I properly phased out (phase 2 and phase 3) and I ended up actually losing weight on my vacation. The phases are there for a reason, and I would not eat anything off plan unless I was properly phasing off. Just my two cents.

LosingLawyer - PLEASE, HELP!

I'm still somewhat a newbie (3 1/2 weeks on IP). After doing a lot of reading on 3FC, this is the first I've ever heard of this........ the phasing out on P2 and P3 BEFORE a vacation.

Do I understand this correctly? If I'm in P1 and have a planned vacation (5 day cruise starting Dec 2) should I be phasing out thru P2 and P3 Before I go, even though I'm not at goal (no where close HaHa)? Then when return go straight back to P1 and continue my weight loss journey?

Is this better for my body/ketosis than just staying on P1 through Dec 1 and while on vacation try to make good food choices (proteins, low fat, low complex carbs/no simple carbs)?

Does IP protocol address this situation at all?

My coach knows about this vacation (scheduled before I started IP) and that I had planned to go off IP. He said "No, problem". He has other IP clients that have done the same thing and when they return, they WI and just get back on P1. He's never mentioned this idea of phasing out before the trip.

I'd LOVE input from any and all of you on this topic. Thanks in advance, Jen
Protocol is to phase off of the diet, regardless of your goal, if you are going to stop IP.

I've been 100% OP since I started, so I can't give you any real life experience as to if it makes a difference. From the posts I have read though, it seems like most coaches recommend phasing off.
ragdoll74 is offline   Reply With Quote