Old 11-03-2012, 08:59 PM   #1  
Back for a tweak

S/C/G: 120/115/110

Height: 5'0"

Default How many ounces of protein in quarter chicken?

We ate out tonight and I ordered a quarter roasted chicken - white meat with steamed veggies. I'm guessing that was around 3 ounces of chicken just eating the white breast meat - does that sound about right?

As well I had a long in depth talk with my coach this morning about being on the program. We decided to keep me on Phase 1 for a few more weeks and by then I will have checked in with my doctor and it will probably be time for Phase 2 anyway.

She told me that some of her clients do 4 packets a day sometimes for various reasons and that on the days I struggle with really bad hunger or am low on protein (like today), that I should try having an extra packet. I feel like a million bucks - first time since I started the program I feel satiated and energized.
slow2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 09:36 PM   #2  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

It's hard to say because chicken quarters really do have a lot of variance in size, but when I've measured before and after, 3 to 4 ounces has turned out to be average for breast meat.

To calculate my own, I would weigh my piece of cooked chicken, remove the skin and eat the meat off the bones. Then I would weigh the leavings (the skin and bones).

If you do this when you eat chicken at home, you'll get a better feel for how much meat a particular bone-in piece of chicken will likely yield.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 09:46 PM   #3  
Back for a tweak

S/C/G: 120/115/110

Height: 5'0"

When I'm home I only buy boneless/skinless chicken. I'm pretty grossed out by raw meat in general so I'd never cook a whole chicken or anything with skin and bones. It took me years to even be able to eat chicken off the bone in a restaurant.

It felt like a lot less than what I have at home which is why I took a guess at around 3 ounces.
slow2lose is offline   Reply With Quote