Old 11-01-2012, 12:02 AM   #16  

IMO, I would run from this clinic! I had the same thing happen to me where I live and then a friend told me about another clinic where you can go in and basically go grocery shopping for as much as you want of all IP foods and Walden Farms products.
They also did not charge me any fees saying they understood I already paid fees to another clinic. The new clinic also informed me in their opinion the other clinic was operating using an old protocol from long ago.
They told me if I can't be responsible enough to limit my IP foods as required by the program I would have a problem staying OP anyway. They said it is better to have extra IP food on hand to be able to have an extra packet when needed than not and resorting to eating something worse. I lost 46 lbs with the help of this clinic and still going. So happy I left the other one. Would never have made it this far if I stayed with them.

Last edited by mat240; 11-01-2012 at 12:03 AM.
mat240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 03:44 AM   #17  
Holding on TIGHT

S/C/G: 225/195.4/166.2/135

Height: 5'1

REALLY?? How does that clinic stay in business? I couldn't eat the same exact thing every. single. day. Unless I wanted to of course! I would try to resolve the issue and if not, I would certainly call the main IP office. When you do get the food of your choice, I hope you start to love IP, trust me when you get the food you actually WANT you will start to enjoy the program...good luck to you!
fourstubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 06:47 AM   #18  

Oh definitely! check out other clinics. AND BTW...we have an IP rep who comes in and sells individual packets all of the time. Even when she is not there, the clinic opens boxes for us to try a variety. I would run from that clinic as fast as possible! Order online if you cant find another one. and dont worry about the coach
maezy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 11:27 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 170.4/138.6/130

Height: 5'3"

And seriously, your current coach can't (with a straight face, anyway) complain that you're buying food elsewhere WHEN SHE WON'T SELL IT TO YOU. In addition to clients' need for dietary variety, the profit margin off of the IP packets has to be huge -- you'd think she'd encourage all purchases. Anyway, I'm really sorry you're having to deal with this, and I hope that you find a workable solution.
lessmeansmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 12:42 PM   #20  
IP Reboot: 01/06/17

S/C/G: 190.3/ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by alittlelessme View Post
They said that I only need 21 packets for the week. When I enrolled they sold me 30 packets so I could sample the variety. Have no idea why they teased me like that.
Wow. So they expect you to eat the same things every day for a week? I would definately fail if my clinic told me I could only buy 3 boxes for the week. I bought 5 on Monday when I was there. They also told me I could stop in any time if I need to pick anything up. I would find out if you can switch to another clinic. Call around if there are other clinics in your area. I switched after my 4th week because my coach was a nutjob and kept forgetting my appointments. The new place I go to now didn't charge me to switch over when I explained my situation. Maybe you can find another place that will do that for you?
starsandrockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 02:02 PM   #21  
Committed Member

S/C/G: 181/160/140

Alittlelessme - I hope you have an encouraging update for us today, like a new clinic to team up with that is much more accommodating!

I had my check-in today and discussed this with my coach, and she said some clinics place a limit of 21 packets because if people overbuy, they blow off their next appointment. Thankfully, my clinic doesn't, but if I were limited, I think I'd stock up online to have a good variety on hand, and just buy from the clinic what you really, really like and want to have extras of.

And if your coach questions you, just tell her that variety is ESSENTIAL to your success, and you're more committed to your own success than you are the clinic's unnecessary rules!
GlacierGirl3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 05:38 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 230/157.3/135

Height: 5'2

That's a really bad way to keep people motivated. I agree with you it sucks! I bought 7 boxes of food after my first weigh-in so that I would have variety and the last time I went I only bought 2 boxes. I wanted to make sure that I would always have a little variety and maybe not always have to pay more every week if I didn't have to. My clinic had no issues with selling me 7 boxes.
RachelDinAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 06:53 PM   #23  
started IP 10/22/12

S/C/G: 185/143/120

Height: 5'4"

I want to thank all of you for listening to my rants and offering advice. I must sound like a whining brat.
I was able to find three other clinics. One said I must be a patient in their office. One said I could transfer to their clinic for a $200 fee and written permission from my first clinic. And the third said I can just stop in and buy anything I want and I don't have to enroll, join, pay fees or anything. They sell to bodybuilders and triathletes etc. ...but I have to show them my gym membership card

Three strikes.

But there's a bright side. My coach called me and said she can sell me up to 1 months supply.

So my whining paid off after all. Someone upstairs was listening and I guess He/She thinks I need this program too.

Last edited by alittlelessme; 11-01-2012 at 06:54 PM.
alittlelessme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 07:02 PM   #24  
Committed Member

S/C/G: 181/160/140

Well, that's a little good news, anyway! I think you'll enjoy it so much more when you have a lot to choose from and can start playing with some of the recipes!
GlacierGirl3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 07:22 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 150/134/115

Height: 5'1

Glad she changed her mind, that is just odd.... I thought it was bad I had to buy whole boxes (vs other people who could buy packets) but I could (and did) buy 3-4 weeks at a time to get variety.
CortneyMarie622 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 07:45 PM   #26  
started IP 10/22/12

S/C/G: 185/143/120

Height: 5'4"

She said their policy is to sell three boxes at atime until the client has shown progress and a commitment. They want to cut down on the amount of IP sold on Ebay and Craig's List.
alittlelessme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 07:59 PM   #27  
Started IP 11/11/12

S/C/G: 201/189/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ustasmom View Post
You can order from plainprotein.com.

Coupon code OCTOBER, to save 10%. You can save money on supplements as well.

Personally, I buy private label IP food. I couldn't afford it any other way but I don't do other alternatives. I plan to be on the plan for 6 months and I've already purchased everything that I need for that long (so I have no reason to quit.)
Was the 10% for plainprotein.com only for OCTOBER?
np2lose is offline   Reply With Quote