Old 10-31-2012, 03:44 PM   #76  
The time is NOW!

S/C/G: 278.6/see ticker/175

Height: 5'3"

I am off to a great start on a 100% day! This will be a change for me because in prior years DH & I would do some wine tasting in our tiny downtown while my DD trick or treated with friends. Not this year! We are all going to walk around in costume with her!

I am such a Halloween goofball that i even wore my costume to work...morale is so low here that VERY few people dressed up this year but i refuse to let that rain on my parade!

HAVE A CANDY FREE DAY!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakegirl View Post
First year ever I didn't have to go buy more candy because I ATE what I had previously bought!
Great NSV!!! We all need to remind ourselves that we are worth more than the momentary sugar high!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
My best friend and my brother welcomed their newest little boy last night, so I have a new nephew! The peanut is going to need some prayers, his birth had a few complications so they are watching him a little closer for the next few days.
Congratulations & prayers

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightbe View Post
For those of you who like chai tea, I made a cup of Celestial Seasonings Bengal Spice tea added a splash of Torani sf brown sugar cinnamon syrup and a couple ounces of vanilla rtd, sprinkle with cinnamon and you can hardly tell the difference. Yummy!
This sounds YUMMY! Must try it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Today I have hit my 200lbs GONE milestone!!!!....Never ever in my life would I have thought I would SAY...I HAVE LOSS 200 LBS!!!!!![/COLOR]
CONGRATS on losing 200 lbs Wuv!!! According to the "What have you lost so far" chart, that is TWO 2-month old horses!!! You are such an amazing inspiration to all of us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthyangie View Post
I also had a friend lose his 8 year old son when they went out to check on their barn. A tree came down and got the boy. I couldn't even begin to imagine a loss like that! So as long as everyone is safe ... everything else can be fixed.
So very sorry for your friends. I am thankful my East Coast friends and family are all safe with minimal/no damage to their homes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezie68 View Post
Day 5 here for me. I think I'm finally in ketosis.
Got a major headache, followed by almost passing out. Got a bit of salt in, and I'm feeling back to normal.
Congratulations on 5 days! Stick with it & don't forget the salt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by this girl is awake View Post
Going in for surgery tomorrow... I'm planning my menus for the next week and a half and giving specific instructions to my mom & friends who will be home with me helping. I'm going to bring some RTD drinks into the hospital for while I'm there, and will be ordering veggies and protein from the hospital menu... Definitely hoping I can pull this off to stay OP throughout.

How do those of you with a lot to lose overcome the fear of loose skin? This is a persistent upsetting thought for me. I don't think I'd be able to afford the surgery... and I'm single. Just really scared that I'll look bad, and not be able to attract anyone once they've seen it...
Hope all goes well for you tomorrow. I know a lot of us who have lost a lot, or have a lot to lose worry about skin. The skin is a pretty elastic organ. I have seen people recommend taking collagen (I take it), the younger you are the better. Use good lotion (that does not contain mineral oil). I know Wuv jokes that she loves her Spanx undergarments (& being in my 40s and losing as much as I have, I now wear bras that have better support/are padded). I hope this helps a little - there is no "magic cure" - but extra skin beats the $h!t out of obesity!

Last edited by GemIAm; 10-31-2012 at 03:45 PM.
GemIAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 04:00 PM   #77  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Great minds......like the same stuff
Amen sista!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheChaChing View Post
I am starting the diet today. I was originally going to start it back on Monday but i was buried in work and didnt want the stress of it to affect my diet and what i decide to eat. This morning i had the herb omlette and for lunch i had the cappuccino drink. Both have been ok. I think its going to take some time for me to get used to the taste of the products.
Your tastes definitely change - we almost have to "break" our taste buds from the flavors we are so used to. But it does happen! If you try stuff now and aren't fond of it, give it a couple of weeks and try again (particularly with veggies) - you may be surprised at how much better everything tastes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstw1 View Post
Happy Halloween!!! I have a question: can I substitute a IP Packet (non restricted) for meat? I'm going to a Halloween party tonight, don't feel like cooking, and thought I could just drink a RTU and cut up a cucumber. Thanks for your input!
No - there is NOT the same amount of protein in a packet as there is in a serving of meat - packets have between 15-18g protein, while the meat we have at dinner provides between 40 and 50g protein. You would be better off having your protein for lunch or splitting it between lunch and dinner, but you need to get the meat portion in.
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 04:25 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 136/120/115

Height: 5'4"

Thanks, Scorbett. Did not know that. Appreciate the help and info!
sstw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 04:31 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 169/140/135

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishette View Post
Argh! Don't send the leftover candy to work places. We're trying to stay OP there, too, but won't be able to throw away someone else's candy. It will hang around for weeks making everyone miserable until the weakest of us succumb and like magic turn into grunting pigs! Does my snout look big?
haha Don't worry...work for my husband is a garage full of mechanics who can afford to eat all that candy. It's all good!
snolover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 04:33 PM   #80  

Quote:
Happy Halloween!!!

Lots of good news today! My best friend and my brother welcomed their newest little boy last night, so I have a new nephew! The peanut is going to need some prayers, his birth had a few complications so they are watching him a little closer for the next few days.

One of my friends from work who has struggled with her weight for a long time decided to join IP this week and started two days ago! She had a rough first day (didn't like ANY of the packets she had picked) but her 2nd day was MUCH better and she's feeling very encouraged I'm so glad I can be there to help her out!

And I just did my weigh in - down 3.2 lbs and 2.25 inches! Finally passed the 40-pound loss mark in FOURTEEN WEEKS! My initial goal weight is in sight!!
That is wonderful!!!
Old 10-31-2012, 04:36 PM   #81  
Keeping it real!

S/C/G: 40/31/30 waist inches!

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Amen sista!

No - there is NOT the same amount of protein in a packet as there is in a serving of meat - packets have between 15-18g protein, while the meat we have at dinner provides between 40 and 50g protein. You would be better off having your protein for lunch or splitting it between lunch and dinner, but you need to get the meat portion in.
Just an added note here ... I actually DID replace my dinner meat protein with a packet on the advice of my coach. This is how they actually do it in Europe.

The key is that if you do it, don't mix your days, example - go 3 days with your protein or 3 days with IP protein - don't go 1, then 1, then 1, etc.

This approach will increase your weight loss but is NOT recommended if you're doing a lot of exercise. Also, if you do it - prepare for both types of Whoosh ... weight and the other

This upped my loss towards the end but I have to say it was hard to stay on that routine for longer than 3 days at a shot.

This is also the way they do the cellulite reduction plan.
healthyangie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 04:37 PM   #82  

Quote:
Originally Posted by alittlelessme View Post
Had my first WI today. It was a few days late because of the storm.
Lost 9 lbs my first 10 days ! Is this plan awesome or what ? I never thought I would see that much go in one week. Now I know it won't always be this great. I'll be happy with 2 lbs a week. But nine pounds, I am dancing in the clouds !
Good job! You did it!!!
Old 10-31-2012, 05:15 PM   #83  

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthyangie View Post
Just an added note here ... I actually DID replace my dinner meat protein with a packet on the advice of my coach. This is how they actually do it in Europe.

The key is that if you do it, don't mix your days, example - go 3 days with your protein or 3 days with IP protein - don't go 1, then 1, then 1, etc.

This approach will increase your weight loss but is NOT recommended if you're doing a lot of exercise. Also, if you do it - prepare for both types of Whoosh ... weight and the other

This upped my loss towards the end but I have to say it was hard to stay on that routine for longer than 3 days at a shot.

This is also the way they do the cellulite reduction plan.
I thought it was 2 packets to replace the meat (like in boot camp)
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 05:48 PM   #84  

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheChaChing View Post
I am starting the diet today. I was originally going to start it back on Monday but i was buried in work and didnt want the stress of it to affect my diet and what i decide to eat. This morning i had the herb omlette and for lunch i had the cappuccino drink. Both have been ok. I think its going to take some time for me to get used to the taste of the products.
Did u warm up the drink? I like the cappucino drink but LOVE it hot. Also the choc drink tastes so much better warmed up. I don't like the omelet stuff. Powdered eggs aren't my thing. the chicken soup (creamy) and the leek soup are my 2 favs so far. Trying the broccoli and cheese soup next. The puddings taste great as shakes. just add more water than is called for.
maezy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 06:02 PM   #85  

S/C/G: 190/ticker/165

Height: 5'8"

Funny pancreas song...figured we could appreciate the pancreas a bit more!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wa5MrT3yY-I
tightwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 06:08 PM   #86  
Keeping it real!

S/C/G: 40/31/30 waist inches!

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
I thought it was 2 packets to replace the meat (like in boot camp)
There ought be another plan for boot camp. I just replaced with one...
healthyangie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 06:43 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightbe View Post
Happy Halloween!

Congrats Scorbett on your new nephew!

For those of you who like chai tea, I made a cup of Celestial Seasonings Bengal Spice tea added a splash of Torani sf brown sugar cinnamon syrup and a couple ounces of vanilla rtd, sprinkle with cinnamon and you can hardly tell the difference. Yummy!
I have all the ingredients, I see a "Treat" in my near future!
Bellamack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 06:46 PM   #88  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoalFor40 View Post
Happy Halloween and WI Wednesday!

0 loss for me this week, which I expected. I am refocusing from now until T-giving, going hard core for the next three weeks.

I had the most awesome breakfast treat over the weekend- iced cherry mocha. I use this recipe for the coffee concentrate- I think it's better than using cooled coffee, gives you a flavor that's much closer than what you get at a coffee house: http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2...t-iced-coffee/. (It's a big recipe but you can cut it down, I actually cut it way down and make it in my french press the night before I want it.) I added 1/2 of a premier protein chocolate RTD and a splash of Davinici cherry, and poured over ice. SO delicious, I was in heaven. I definitely have to get Davinci peppermint so that i can have my beloved Peppermint Mochas this year without guilt! I'll just have to buy a red cup to drink it in so it feels like the "real thing"!

If you're looking to get rid of candy and don't want to burden your friends and coworkers with it, lots of places do collections for candy to ship to troops overseas. I know they have a box in my office for this purpose.
I do this too. I use my french press overnight, it's better than straining & cheeseclothe. The iced coffee is excellent this way, no bitter taste and you can make enough for the week. I made Kahlua Mocha coffee this week, whick I love with peppermint syrup. yum
Old 10-31-2012, 06:58 PM   #89  

Wuv, Wuv, Wuv
Old 10-31-2012, 07:06 PM   #90  
Andi

S/C/G: 219/191.7/145

Height: 5'5

Default Happy Halloween to all - no chocolate!

Last night I couldn't sleep so I had an extra IP snack... Hope that doesn't throw me off. Tomorrow is weigh in... I hope it is a good day This will be my 6th weigh in. I have been on for 5 weeks. Happy Halloween.
Andi90 is offline   Reply With Quote