Old 10-31-2012, 10:04 AM   #16  

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Happy Halloween!!!

Lots of good news today! My best friend and my brother welcomed their newest little boy last night, so I have a new nephew! The peanut is going to need some prayers, his birth had a few complications so they are watching him a little closer for the next few days.

One of my friends from work who has struggled with her weight for a long time decided to join IP this week and started two days ago! She had a rough first day (didn't like ANY of the packets she had picked) but her 2nd day was MUCH better and she's feeling very encouraged I'm so glad I can be there to help her out!

And I just did my weigh in - down 3.2 lbs and 2.25 inches! Finally passed the 40-pound loss mark in FOURTEEN WEEKS! My initial goal weight is in sight!!
Congrats auntie!
Your co-worker is lucky to have you!
And congrats again on the WI! Nothing like THAT to keep us away from Halloweenies!
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 10:14 AM   #17  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishette View Post
Argh! Don't send the leftover candy to work places. We're trying to stay OP there, too, but won't be able to throw away someone else's candy. It will hang around for weeks making everyone miserable until the weakest of us succumb and like magic turn into grunting pigs! Does my snout look big?
No left overs at our house. When we've decided it's time to stop we give the last few kids all that's left in the bowl. Then we turn out the light.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki2476 View Post
Happy Halloween everyone!!

This is week 1 day 5 for me on IP. Everything is going great so far. First couple of days were the hardest as I was so tired. But I feel like my energy is up this morning and I'm feeling pretty good. Can't wait until my first WI to see how it's working. WI is still 5 days away for me though because of my work schedule.

I hope everyone made it through Sandy in one piece. Here in Iowa we don't have to worry about hurricanes, so I hope everyone made it through safely.

Made some pumpkin spice coffee today and added my RTD IP vanilla shake to it and it reminds me of my favorite Starbucks drink without all of the calories!!
Have a good day everyone!!!
Stick OP and you will see amazing results. Check in here too for encouragement and with questions. It works.
usmcvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 10:37 AM   #18  

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
Now stay away from the candy. Believe me they will still be making it next year too.
But it won't be any better for us next year! We are learning new eating habits and replacements for our old "loved" foods that didn't love us back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maezy1 View Post
Great WI yesterday! I met my monthly goal of 15lbs and then some! 17.5 for the month! I learned my lesson though. No short term,monthly goals! I put too much stress on myself and got too competitive with myself! Shoulda listened to Goddess WUV!!!! Hubby is buying and giving out candy tonight. I don't even want to see it. Gearing up for the big holidays!
You can set the mini goals, just not the timeframes. You can say, my next mini goal is ___ (mine is to get to losing the first 1/3 of my weight loss goal). We just don't get to schedule when it happens.

Last edited by lisa32989; 10-31-2012 at 10:40 AM.
Old 10-31-2012, 10:39 AM   #19  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki2476 View Post
Happy Halloween everyone!!

This is week 1 day 5 for me on IP. Everything is going great so far. First couple of days were the hardest as I was so tired. But I feel like my energy is up this morning and I'm feeling pretty good. Can't wait until my first WI to see how it's working. WI is still 5 days away for me though because of my work schedule.

I hope everyone made it through Sandy in one piece. Here in Iowa we don't have to worry about hurricanes, so I hope everyone made it through safely.

Made some pumpkin spice coffee today and added my RTD IP vanilla shake to it and it reminds me of my favorite Starbucks drink without all of the calories!!
Have a good day everyone!!!
I've never tried adding coffee to my vanilla RTD. How much coffee do you normally add? And are you just adding regular pumpkin spice to it? Sounds like something I should try. As we've now got cooler weather, I'm enjoying more hot protein drinks.
evepet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 10:40 AM   #20  
started IP 10/22/12

S/C/G: 185/143/120

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Happy Halloween!!!

Lots of good news today! My best friend and my brother welcomed their newest little boy last night, so I have a new nephew! The peanut is going to need some prayers, his birth had a few complications so they are watching him a little closer for the next few days.

One of my friends from work who has struggled with her weight for a long time decided to join IP this week and started two days ago! She had a rough first day (didn't like ANY of the packets she had picked) but her 2nd day was MUCH better and she's feeling very encouraged I'm so glad I can be there to help her out!

And I just did my weigh in - down 3.2 lbs and 2.25 inches! Finally passed the 40-pound loss mark in FOURTEEN WEEKS! My initial goal weight is in sight!!
I'll pray for the peanut and the new parents as well.

Congratulations on your great success OP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maezy1 View Post
Great WI yesterday! I met my monthly goal of 15lbs and then some! 17.5 for the month! I learned my lesson though. No short term,monthly goals! I put too much stress on myself and got too competitive with myself! Shoulda listened to Goddess WUV!!!! Hubby is buying and giving out candy tonight. I don't even want to see it. Gearing up for the big holidays!

Whooo Hoooo ! Goodbye 17.5 pounds forever! That is great news !
alittlelessme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 10:44 AM   #21  

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
I've never tried adding coffee to my vanilla RTD. How much coffee do you normally add? And are you just adding regular pumpkin spice to it? Sounds like something I should try. As we've now got cooler weather, I'm enjoying more hot protein drinks.
I do it the opposite. I use a vanilla RTD as my "cream" for my coffee. I use about 2 oz/day. (actually I've started using EAS carbsmart vanilla RTD b/c it is less expensive and I can get it at Target). Shook some pumpkin pie spice in the bottom of the cup, put in my RTD and topped with coffee. You can also heat up the RTD or use a vanilla powder, shake it first and then heat it.
Old 10-31-2012, 10:45 AM   #22  
started IP 10/22/12

S/C/G: 185/143/120

Height: 5'4"

Had my first WI today. It was a few days late because of the storm.
Lost 9 lbs my first 10 days ! Is this plan awesome or what ? I never thought I would see that much go in one week. Now I know it won't always be this great. I'll be happy with 2 lbs a week. But nine pounds, I am dancing in the clouds !

Last edited by alittlelessme; 10-31-2012 at 10:46 AM.
alittlelessme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 10:56 AM   #23  

Happy Halloween!

Congrats Scorbett on your new nephew!

For those of you who like chai tea, I made a cup of Celestial Seasonings Bengal Spice tea added a splash of Torani sf brown sugar cinnamon syrup and a couple ounces of vanilla rtd, sprinkle with cinnamon and you can hardly tell the difference. Yummy!
mightbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 10:56 AM   #24  

Height: 5'8

Nsv
Wearing some pants and shirt I haven't fit in a few months
southern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 10:58 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 180/141.5/130

Height: 5'3"

Default Happy Spook Day!!

Alright, our goody bags are done up...no candies just little toys, glow sticks and no temptation

WI today down 1lb, making it 29lbs total (the appeal to the even 30# loss was not understood by my belly). And 17inches total loss. The last three weeks have felt very slow, still in the right direction, just at a slow pace

I am NOT complaining, I am just trying another approach to convincing my belly that it is okay to leave my house...it is quite obstinate and does not listen well. (kinda like my chihuahua)

Enjoy halloween, we are attending a fondue party before heading out trick or treating, I will be prepared and have my own food. I am feeling good about it, so that's a huge NSV, that Im not obsessing over avoiding the situation/food!! Yea for me
Im escaping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 10:59 AM   #26  
~Tara~

S/C/G: 258/ticker/135

Height: 5' 2"

Happy Halloween and WI Wednesday!

0 loss for me this week, which I expected. I am refocusing from now until T-giving, going hard core for the next three weeks.

I had the most awesome breakfast treat over the weekend- iced cherry mocha. I use this recipe for the coffee concentrate- I think it's better than using cooled coffee, gives you a flavor that's much closer than what you get at a coffee house: http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2...t-iced-coffee/. (It's a big recipe but you can cut it down, I actually cut it way down and make it in my french press the night before I want it.) I added 1/2 of a premier protein chocolate RTD and a splash of Davinici cherry, and poured over ice. SO delicious, I was in heaven. I definitely have to get Davinci peppermint so that i can have my beloved Peppermint Mochas this year without guilt! I'll just have to buy a red cup to drink it in so it feels like the "real thing"!

If you're looking to get rid of candy and don't want to burden your friends and coworkers with it, lots of places do collections for candy to ship to troops overseas. I know they have a box in my office for this purpose.
GoalFor40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 11:02 AM   #27  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Congrats to all the WI's and NSV's!!!

Goal - I LOVE cold brewed coffee! A friend and I have been talking about opening a bakery and that's one of the "selling points" on our business plan - nobody else around here does iced coffee that way and it is SO MUCH BETTER than just pouring brewed coffee on ice.
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 11:07 AM   #28  
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
I do it the opposite. I use a vanilla RTD as my "cream" for my coffee. I use about 2 oz/day. (actually I've started using EAS carbsmart vanilla RTD b/c it is less expensive and I can get it at Target). Shook some pumpkin pie spice in the bottom of the cup, put in my RTD and topped with coffee. You can also heat up the RTD or use a vanilla powder, shake it first and then heat it.
Thanks! I'm using alternatives, so it's EAS that I'll be using... or as you say, my vanilla protein powder. This will be nice to add as an alternative to my hot cappuccino and hot chocolate drinks. Can't believe in all the months I've been following this plan, I haven't tried this before!
Old 10-31-2012, 11:09 AM   #29  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
That's what I do too - I've been using 2oz of the Pure Protein vanilla RTD but I just bought a pack of EAS Carb AdvantEDGE french vanilla RTD to use instead, it's SO much less expensive! Sometimes I'll add a 1/2 tsp of DaVinci caramel syrup too...yummmmm
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 11:10 AM   #30  
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightbe View Post
Happy Halloween!

Congrats Scorbett on your new nephew!

For those of you who like chai tea, I made a cup of Celestial Seasonings Bengal Spice tea added a splash of Torani sf brown sugar cinnamon syrup and a couple ounces of vanilla rtd, sprinkle with cinnamon and you can hardly tell the difference. Yummy!
Another great hot drink idea! Thanks!