Old 10-30-2012, 11:14 AM   #31  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Hi Pam,

So good to see you again and a big congratulations on opening your own clinic. Looking forward to hearing about your continued success.
DanafromAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 12:29 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 170.4/138.6/130

Height: 5'3"

My clinic sells IP products individually and by the box, and they accept "returns" of sealed packets. This is IMO a fantastic policy, especially during the first few weeks of the program, when you're starting to figure out which packets you like, which you don't like, and are experimenting with various "hacks." During Week 1, dill zippers and other salty/crunchy restricteds tasted awesome to me. By the middle of Week 2, they'd lost all appeal. It was pretty awesome that I could return what I'd purchased rather than be stuck with pricey food I didn't want to, and would not, eat.

I love that my coach responds to text messages promptly, provides solid info, and circulates clients' and others' recipes via email. She's there if I need her, but isn't overbearing.

She did the program, with great success, as did several of her family members, so her knowledge comes with experience. One small issue I have is with her staff -- the WIs are a no-brainer thanks to the scale, but the measurements they make are erratic (measuring different parts of my thigh, for example, from week to week). I'd be upset if I were paying for that service, but I'm not, so I just ignore it.

Which actually leaves me wondering: how do your coaches charge you? I had an initial consultation fee, and that's been it. Anyone else?
lessmeansmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 04:54 PM   #33  
Committed Member

S/C/G: 181/160/140

Height: 5'8"

[QUOTE=Pamelama;4513162]...so every client could spend an additional 15-20 minutes "shopping" & I have to wait, so does the next appt. Also it just made inventory a nightmare.
[QUOTE]

My clinic just gave me a new Meal Diary that has the IP inventory printed on the back by category (Drinks, Entrees, etc) so we can fill it out in advance of our appointment, which makes the shopping part quick and easy. It also lets me spend some time looking at recipes and what I have on hand, what I need, etc, before I go in. I think it's a real timesaver!

Honestly, I'd be really unhappy if I had to buy full boxes - Variety is the key to this for me, and if I had to have the same drink or the same pudding all week, I'd have a much harder time sticking to it.
GlacierGirl3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 05:00 PM   #34  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamelama View Post
My old clinic sold individual packets and I liked that. When I started my own clinic, that was my plan. However, as I staarted growing, I realized that keeping inventory on 60+ products was a nightmare. It's just me, as coach, front office, receptionist, cashier, etc...so every client could spend an additional 15-20 minutes "shopping" & I have to wait, so does the next appt. Also it just made inventory a nightmare.
I do let everyone pick individual packets the first week so they can try everything they want, or if someone wants to try a packet one week to see if they'll like it, I'll do that, but I really can't offer that on a weekly basis.
My coach asks everyone to have their order sheet pre-filled when they arrive, so there is no "shopping". We buy packets, not boxes.

I really liked the other gal's idea of emailing it in ahead-of-time for a discount. This helps move everyone along.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 05:07 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 209/157/157

Height: 5'7"

All great ideas/input. I'm considering each one....thanks so much.
Pamelama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:04 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 231/see ticker/140

Height: 5'8"

I must let you know that I agree with the others, I love the ability to buy individual packets (I actually don't do it as I only like a few items, but I can!). My coach is much like you... it's just her. In fact, she is a certified something or another so she doesn't even work out of another office. We do the weigh in, shopping, counseling if needed, etc, all within 15 minutes, and she is always on time. I think you should be able to do this without too much trouble if my coach can.
tobehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 07:03 PM   #37  

congratulations, i dont know you personally but i am very happy on hearing about your success.
Congrats!
ha8in lazyness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 10:17 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 206.4/146.8/130

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
I contacted Ideal Protein via their website and asked for the info. Someone will contact you and tell you what the parameters are. Good luck! It's really rewarding.
Thanks Pamelama! Your clients are so lucky to get someone like you who has been successful on IP! You are probably an amazing coach!

How many lucky clients do you have??
Minch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 10:23 PM   #39  

18 so far.... Any So Cal friends that might be interested, send them my way!
Old 11-01-2012, 10:03 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 218.5/208/150

Height: 5'5

Where are you at?
ShellyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 10:31 AM   #41  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellyT View Post
Where are you at?
I'm in Los Alamitos/Long Beach area. I can PM my website if you want.
Old 11-02-2012, 10:53 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 218.5/208/150

Height: 5'5

Quote:
I'm in Los Alamitos/Long Beach area. I can PM my website if you want.
Sure. I am actually more southern.....san diego area.
ShellyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 05:22 PM   #43  
Started IP 11/11/12

S/C/G: 201/189/135

Height: 5'3"

Default Congratulations!

Pam
np2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 05:29 PM   #44  

Thank you!!
Old 04-27-2016, 09:12 AM   #45  

Quote:
Hi everyone! I've missed you!! Last December 2011, I started IP and lost 52lbs by mid April. I spent much time on these boards. You guys really motivated and inspired me. I had a pretty decent coach....he had me in and out in 10 minutes, but got more support from these boards. .

After I lost my weight, I had so many people coming up to me asking what I did, my husband said "you'd be so good at this, why don't you do it?" I didn't think I could but I called IP anyway and long story short, I am leasing space out of my Chiropractor's office and started my own weight loss center!! I set up shop late August and business has really started to pick up!

I love helping people and I think I'm as excited as they are when they lose the weight. In the few short months I've been open, I've seen some amazing transformations (in body & spirit) that makes me smile when I think about it.

I've been meaning to let you guys know what was happening, it's been a few months since I've been on the boards...I've missed you all...

I am embracing and soaking up all the training, information and resources IP has to offer. Believe me, they offer ALOT! If your coach/center is unsure of things, there are plenty of ways to get information rather quickly. That being said, there are good and bad coaches and people who are in this to help people or just add income to the business. I'm happy to say that everyone I have met in training is NOT in the latter category.

I would love input from you all on what you would like from your coach or center.... As of now, it's just me as the coach and I like spending time with my clients. (for instance, I'm starting a support group 1x a month for people in Phase 1) I wonder if there is anything your clinic does that your really like or would really like them to do???

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks. Pam
Hi Pam ,
I am a current client. I want to start a location myself. Can you tell me how you were able to start your business . Step by step. I would love to be able to be independent business owner with a product I believe in. I've tried to call IP and it disconnects me. I've filled out the information on a location on their website with no response. There are things I would change at my location as example how you need to have more compassion and understanding that everyone battles for each step to lose weight not just a rotating door for customers. I know I could be very successful at this. Was there a distance required between locations, etc. I have many questions? Would you be willing to answer my questions and help me start his journey? Thank you so much ! You are a inspiration !!!
Laurie
Lumpy123 is offline   Reply With Quote