Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2012, 12:50 PM   #31  

Welcome home!!!! Glad you had a great time!!! Nice to see you back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaHen View Post
Good morning everyone! I am back from vacation and jumped right back on plan this morning. I do think I will probably have a few days of carb and sugar hangover/flu. We sampled a lot of everything on the cruise and I did notice that within a few days I was craving carbs and sugars again. I would do okay during the day, but the evenings and nights were the worst. Ironically, my husband and I both said yesterday that one of the biggest things we were looking forward to about being back home was getting back on track and eating good again. I think we enjoyed trying some new foods on the ship and the five star dining in the evenings, but I am so bloated it is not even funny. I can tell I was getting dehydrated and tried to suck down the water, but I know I was not getting enough. So back to 100% OP this morning.

Hope everyone on the coast is safe today and has a great OP day.
Old 10-29-2012, 12:50 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 173/ticker/135

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by alittlelessme View Post
I'm sitting here waiting for Sandy. My clinic closed for the storm and today was my weigh in day. I have 6 packets of food left. I don't want to go off plan just because of a storm.

While it is still somewhat safe could you get to a grocery or walmart? EAS Carb Control shakes are decent substitutes for the RTD drinks, and Protein Plus bars can be used as your one restricted bar in a pinch. I'd go stock up on those and veggies while you can because yes, it would suck to be stuck with no IP suitable foods. Good luck!
Old 10-29-2012, 12:51 PM   #33  
started IP 10/27/2012

S/C/G: 250.4/237.8/145

Height: 5'6"

Starting on day #3 today, but the first day at work OP. I have everything packed up in my little lunch bag though. Tried a few of the WF products. The caramel syrup is really tasty in my choc. smoothie in the morning. The dressing..not so good. Any recommendations on ways to improve them? I have the asian dressing w ginger. It has a horrible aftertaste.

drAk--good luck on your first day!!

Everyone on the east coast, stay safe!!!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Nikki
Old 10-29-2012, 01:04 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 170.4/138.6/130

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by drAK View Post
Hello, I'm new on here and today is my first day of the program. I'm a little nervous, but very hopeful! I have been reading a lot of post on this Program and I am so encouraged and know that I will be in good company. Just thought I would post something, thinking that maybe writing on here will also help me stay on focused.

I went though everything last night and even set-up all of my supplements in a pill box for the entire week. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!
Welcome! In my first three weeks on this program, I've found the following useful:
1. This board, for motivation, recipes, and advice.
2. Using a digital scale to measure "real protein" portions. I discovered that when I eye-balled measurements, I was often eating less than 8 oz.
3. MyFitnessPal, a free mobile app and website for recording what you eat/progress. Most of the IP foods are already built into its database. Easy accountability!
4. Always having a bottle of water nearby.

Good luck to you!
Old 10-29-2012, 01:19 PM   #35  
Restart 4/1/19

S/C/G: 226.8/190.0/140

Height: 5' 5"

Hope everyone in Sandy's path is prepared and stays safe!!

I am soooo excited to be able to say that I have (unofficially) reached the halfway mark on my weight loss journey!! YAY!!! I don't WI until Wednesday, but this morning my scale says 171.4. I am so excited to reach this point, this is the largest amount of weight that I have ever lost!

I just had to share my good news! Hope everyone is having a wonderful OP day!

Just 2lbs more and I will be the weight I was when I met my fiance!! I cannot believe I put on 38lbs in one year! So happy to be taking it all back off again!

Last edited by Bella73123; 10-29-2012 at 01:21 PM.
Old 10-29-2012, 01:28 PM   #36  

Height: magmeepEVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella73123 View Post
Hope everyone in Sandy's path is prepared and stays safe!!

I am soooo excited to be able to say that I have (unofficially) reached the halfway mark on my weight loss journey!! YAY!!! I don't WI until Wednesday, but this morning my scale says 171.4. I am so excited to reach this point, this is the largest amount of weight that I have ever lost!

I just had to share my good news! Hope everyone is having a wonderful OP day!

Just 2lbs more and I will be the weight I was when I met my fiance!! I cannot believe I put on 38lbs in one year! So happy to be taking it all back off again!
Congratulations on such a great job! Way to go!
Old 10-29-2012, 01:29 PM   #37  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by alittlelessme View Post
I'm sitting here waiting for Sandy too. I'm 45 minutes west of Baltimore, 45 minutes north of DC. We have a huge stream through our yard and I wasn't worried about it until today. Things could get a bit wet here. My clinic closed for the storm and today was my weigh in day. I have 6 packets of food left.
I am a bit miffed because it isn't bad here yet. Our bad days are going to be tomorrow and Wednesday. I wish they would have stayed open til noon today. I am sure I am not the only client runnig low. Oh well I am being selfish. I don't want to go off plan just because of a storm.

If for some reason you do run out of packets just stick with a protein and veggies for most of your meals. Also if you can go to a supermarket and pick up some EAS Low Carb Advantage drinks, as you can also use those as meals replacements. You may run out of IP foods, but you can still stay in ketosis and on plan with the above mentioned foods. Stay safe.
Old 10-29-2012, 01:54 PM   #38  
The time is NOW!

S/C/G: 278.6/see ticker/175

Height: 5'3"

My parents are right in Sandy's path (NJ) & my older brother is in Northern VA. Prayers and good wishes for EVERYONE'S safety during the storm.

We held our last party in our home before putting it on the market. I created "steampunk" costumes for my DH & I (see attachment). I made the choice to be more lenient with eating and drinking this weekend - and immediately noticed bloating & joint aches. Back to 100% until goal!

Happy Monday!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Halloween.jpg (55.9 KB, 32 views)
Old 10-29-2012, 02:11 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 197/136.4/135

Height: 5'4"

celebrated my birthday this weekend, friday went with a GF and had just one glass of wine and shared a cheese plate then on saturday DH and I went out to dinner had cipino(seafood stew, wonderful, and just a couple small slices of bread and one glass of very nice wine. this is the first cheat that I have done since I started. I think I did pretty well and didn't completely go nuts.
now I'm on plan again 100% and sticking with it till I have everything off.
Old 10-29-2012, 02:15 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 197/136.4/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by GemIAm View Post
My parents are right in Sandy's path (NJ) & my older brother is in Northern VA. Prayers and good wishes for EVERYONE'S safety during the storm.

We held our last party in our home before putting it on the market. I created "steampunk" costumes for my DH & I (see attachment). I made the choice to be more lenient with eating and drinking this weekend - and immediately noticed bloating & joint aches. Back to 100% until goal!

Happy Monday!
love the photo, great costumes
Old 10-29-2012, 02:22 PM   #41  
started IP 10/22/12

S/C/G: 185/143/120

Quote:
Originally Posted by le506 View Post
While it is still somewhat safe could you get to a grocery or walmart? EAS Carb Control shakes are decent substitutes for the RTD drinks, and Protein Plus bars can be used as your one restricted bar in a pinch. I'd go stock up on those and veggies while you can because yes, it would suck to be stuck with no IP suitable foods. Good luck!
Thanks I will keep this in mind for the next storm. but the last place I want to be right now is WalMart.That place has got to be a zoo, if it's even open. Winds her are 59 mph and holding it's gonna get worse. No longer worried about food at this point. I'll deal with it on Wednesday morning
Old 10-29-2012, 02:25 PM   #42  
started IP 10/22/12

S/C/G: 185/143/120

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
If for some reason you do run out of packets just stick with a protein and veggies for most of your meals. Also if you can go to a supermarket and pick up some EAS Low Carb Advantage drinks, as you can also use those as meals replacements. You may run out of IP foods, but you can still stay in ketosis and on plan with the above mentioned foods. Stay safe.
Thanks. I will not let this happen again. I have no idea why my clinic closed this morning. It wasn't bad then. I am going to insist she sell me more than 4 boxes this time. I am going to stock up. We have bad snowstorms too.
Old 10-29-2012, 02:28 PM   #43  
Sleeved in Mexico

S/C/G: 250 /170.4 /140

Height: 5'5

Checkin in around lunch time. Sandy's picking up here. Already got the work e-mail that we are to work from home tomorrow, and the govt and schools are closed tomorrow too.

I decided to try every single packet that my clinic gave me....even if I hate them in "the regular world". So today I'm tackling mushroom soup for lunch. I'm doing my best...but dang I hate mushrooms. I added some Mrs. Dash's onion, and some spinach and asparagus in hopes that it would improve it. I think it did...but still isn't amazing. I'm oly 1/2 way through it, and I feel full. First time I've felt full on IP!
Old 10-29-2012, 02:34 PM   #44  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Goood Morning All... Im BAAAAAAAAAAAAACK...again!

Well..the last time i was on here.. i thought i was pregnant..turns out it wasnt the case..i got depressed from not being pregnant...then my hubby and i decided to TTC...and now we are taking a break and im back to work on losing weight because somehow i just realized now, that getting pregnant and carrying a baby at 289 pounds is probably really hard and not healthy by far...so i hope to lose some weight and then give TTC another try...

My previous time on here i lost 40 pounds and i was so proud..but i was unhappy that nobody really noticed..Now i am here because i need to do this for my health..not because of what other people notice or dont notice..so cheers to healthy bodies and happy people!

So I've started Day 1 and its going smoothly so far..Im just trying to look at my goal and say "lets get through 10 pounds!" and then lets set another goal..mini goals i believe they are called..

Anyone else day 1??
Old 10-29-2012, 02:35 PM   #45  

Welcome Back MommaHen and Porthardy!!!
Closed Thread