Old 10-28-2012, 07:20 PM   #61  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
IP43 - I am packed and ready for the cruise. lol

I agree with the peep that said, sometimes what is written doesn't come across exactly like it is meant to, that is a huge problem with typed communication. I have a very dry sense of humor and if you know me and hear how I am saying something and you may or may not find it funny.. but typed and read by someone who doesn't know me at all, it most definitely could be taken the wrong way.
Talking straight, I too (at first) was disappointed that I didn't lose 5-7 lbs., felt it was false advertising, but the fact was I was losing, something I was unable to do with other programs, so Wuv cyber-smacked me and I moved forward Keeping you all in my thoughts, the weight battle is not easy, but look at the great results. All my fellow NYorkers and east coasters, stay safe
Bella I didn't smack you too hard...lol...you are still around ...stay safe!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kileymed13 View Post
I am new on IP (almost 3 weeks in) and though these posts were honest and helpful. Would I love to lose more at every weigh in, sure, but who wouldn't. I am very thankful I have lost on my first 2 WIs. I also feel better than I thought I ever would while losing weight. There are so many inspirational stories and honest advice shared on 3FC I feel like I always have a coach and a friend at my side. Thank you for helping me start this journey and stay away from the halloween candy and treats!
Welcome to the IP family
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 07:26 PM   #62  

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
I can totally understand that - it's hard to accept success at face value when you've been frequently disappointed! I can also appreciate the financial challenges associated with IP - I am one that had to switch to alternatives thanks to a combination of tight finances and inadequate coaching.

But the stuff that drives me crazy (and the stuff that makes me cheer on the tuff Wuv) is when I see things like this on the board:

"This program isn't working..." then 5 posts later "I ate (insert non-protocol food here)/cheated this weekend"

"I ONLY lost two pounds"

"If I do (XYZ, random tweak to the diet) will I lose weight faster?"

The program works for the vast majority of people who follow the protocol as written. It works faster than most of the commercially available diets out there, even if there are lower-than-2 pound losses in a week. And it DEFINITELY works without trying to "game" the diet.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 08:42 PM   #63  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
I can totally understand that - it's hard to accept success at face value when you've been frequently disappointed! I can also appreciate the financial challenges associated with IP - I am one that had to switch to alternatives thanks to a combination of tight finances and inadequate coaching.

But the stuff that drives me crazy (and the stuff that makes me cheer on the tuff Wuv) is when I see things like this on the board:

"This program isn't working..." then 5 posts later "I ate (insert non-protocol food here)/cheated this weekend"

"I ONLY lost two pounds"

"If I do (XYZ, random tweak to the diet) will I lose weight faster?"

The program works for the vast majority of people who follow the protocol as written. It works faster than most of the commercially available diets out there, even if there are lower-than-2 pound losses in a week. And it DEFINITELY works without trying to "game" the diet.
This is why I stopped succeeding in WW. IP has NO "wiggle room." It is very restricted, cut and dry, black and white. Follow the sheet, and you will succeed.
Hgamroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 09:09 PM   #64  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooselover View Post
IP is the only diet I have tried that works "as written" for me. I followed IP 100% and lost 52 lbs in 26 weeks... We all want that for everyone!!!
And look at your ticker! Your little fishie is almost to the end of the pond! CONGRATS! That ticker was a flash of inspiration for me! Great work!
IP43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:49 AM   #65  

S/C/G: 242/208(IP)/158/140

Height: 5'0

Default A agree with Wuv!!

This diet is a tool for success, it works as well as you can stick to it. I have lost a bunch on it, had a few cheats. And those cheats were the biggest mistakes I made. If I could go back, I would never have cheated. I'd be at goal now. However, they happened and life goes on.

I have known others that did this diet and they never "got it". They had cheat days (horrifying) and then whined about how it was so expensive and slow. It's different from other "lifestyle" diets, but that is the beauty of it. Our bodies need to be shocked sometimes to lose weight and this does the job.

To me it is a miracle, but I know part of that miracle is the hard work and sacrifice I have put in. Nothing worth having comes easy.

Cheers to not cheating and staying strong in the coming holiday season! We got this
Bellybuttonlint403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 12:33 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 237/153/170

Height: 5'7"

I am happy to see this thread. I have been on IP for 7 months now and I'm down 85 pounds. I took a 25%(!!!!) paycut along the way and thought about giving it up...but we decided to just stick it out a bit longer. We eat better, we're all healthier, and this is the only diet that has made me face my demons...AKA unhealthy attachments to food.

I have started others on the diet and it frustrates me to no end to read about the cheats and how bad life is so they HAD to cheat, etc. and then turn around and tell the world how expensive it is and how it didn't work for them. I know when I started the diet, it was explained in great detail to me that for every cheat...I just threw away my $84 for the week. Ouch. But, if I don't cheat, I am rewarded with 2+ pound losses. I wasn't getting those any other way.

I also think sometimes people get lost in what a meal really COSTS. Can I go to McDonald's and get breakfast for cheaper? Sure. Is it making me fat and miserable? Definitely. It is all about choices.

I don't think this diet is a miracle. This was really hard for me and I wanted to be a cheater too. The longer I am on the diet, the more I realize that I basically paid to get my life back. I workout 3-4 times a week now and I don't get sick, even when my entire office is sick. This has been a pivotal point in my life and I'm so grateful that I found IP!

Keep your head up everyone, and take the advice and support and make it work for you! Motivation comes in many forms...even if it pisses us off at first - maybe that's what you needed to get back on track?
bullylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 02:48 PM   #67  
Joe

S/C/G: 405/249.5/281.5/220

Height: 6' 0"

Like Kaplods, I am not on IP. I am doing my own thing. In the past I have gone to weight loss centers (Nutrisystem, LA Weight Loss). They both worked. I eventually gained all my weight back, and more, because I no longer followed any plan after a while.

When I started my current weight loss plan this time, I debated whether to go to a weight loss center for help. I didn't want to do Nutrisystem -- or anything with prepared foods -- because I know I need to learn how to change my eating habits myself. Eating portion controlled, per-packaged foods isn't going to do me any good in the long run. I had such a bad experience with LA Weight Loss that going to ANY weight loss center did not seem appealing. With LA Weight Loss I felt that their primary concern was selling their product (bars, shakes and other supplements). I realize this is how they are making their money, but I didn't want to be merely a profit-center for them. So, this time around I thought I would give it a try myself to see how I would do.

So far, so good. In three months I am down 65 pounds. The reason I am posting this here is to address the concerns of those who find it difficult to afford IP. Does IP work? Sure, if you follow any good diet plan it should work for you. There is no magic to it. The hard part is being able to stick with it. For those people who find it beneficial to go to a center to have counseling and a weigh in - and whatever else they get there. That is great. Whatever works for them. Those people have to realize that there is a cost to that, and I am guessing that buying the pre-packaged product and supplements are part of that cost.

But realize, if you are concerned about the cost and you want to do it on your own, it is possible to do it. The question you need to ask yourself is do you really need to go to a center to have the counseling? I'm sure that some coaches are better and more helpful than others. My experience was bad with LA Weight Loss. They just weighed me, gave me a little rah-rah pep talk, and asked me if I wanted to buy supplements. That was no help! So, you just need to decide if the coaching you are getting from IP is integral to your success. If so, then I agree with the other posters that spending $12 a day to lose weight isn't unreasonable if its working for you -- and if you can afford it. If you can't afford it and if you don't really need it, try doing it on your own. I am living proof that is is possible to do it -- even without the alternative products. You can do it with foods that you can buy at your grocery store.

I have a question about IP. At what point does one stop using the pre-packaged foods for their meals? The reason I ask is because somebody says that IP teaches you how to eat for the rest of your life. To the extent that one has to rely upon using pre-packaged food, I don't see how this could be true.... unless the use of pre-packaged foods is only for the initial phases of the program.

Lastly, I agree 100% that anybody who thinks that they should be losing 5-7 pounds a week is insane. I started out at over 400 pounds and, after the initial phase of mostly water weight, I have lost about 3-4 pounds per week and I am thrilled to lose at that pace. I'd be happy with 2-3 pounds. There have been weeks I have lost more, some less, and this past week -- not at all.

Last edited by joefla70; 10-29-2012 at 02:55 PM.
joefla70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 02:53 PM   #68  

its only in the initial stages (phase 1-3) you use the product. Mostly phase 1. Once you reach your goal you are weened off of the products to eat the proper food to maintain

Last edited by wuv2bloved; 10-29-2012 at 02:55 PM.
Old 10-29-2012, 02:55 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 305/255/250

Height: 6'7"

To me it doesn't matter what the doubters say, my personal results speak volumes. Only been on diet for 3 weeks and I have lost close to 20 lbs and inches off the waist.........

Posted from 3fatchicks.com App for Android
LA4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 02:57 PM   #70  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA4Life View Post
To me it doesn't matter what the doubters say, my personal results speak volumes. Only been on diet for 3 weeks and I have lost close to 20 lbs and inches off the waist.........

SO true...congrats!
Old 10-29-2012, 02:59 PM   #71  
Joe

S/C/G: 405/249.5/281.5/220

Height: 6' 0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA4Life View Post

I don't think the issue is so much that people doubt that the diet works. It was that they had unrealistic expectations for it (i.e. 5-7 lbs per week loss). Your start (20 pounds in 3 weeks) is fantastic. That was my experience as well when I started my plan. However, that is not a sustainable rate of loss. It WILL taper off to a lower level... which is fine. There is nothing wrong with a loss of 2-3 pounds per week. The fact that certain people expect, or demand, more is not realistic.
joefla70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 03:40 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 182/ticker/130 145 hlthy bmi

Has anybody tried pine nuts?
puneri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 03:41 PM   #73  

Quote:
Originally Posted by puneri View Post
Has anybody tried pine nuts?
No nuts of any kinda
Old 10-29-2012, 04:55 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 171.4/162.2/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
The question you need to ask yourself is do you really need to go to a center to have the counseling?
I think many DO need to have a place to go to be accountable.
Everyone is different. This type of meal plan is trying to teach one to relearn the correct ways to eat (portions, reading labels, etc) & to realize it's all about choices and a permanent new healthy lifestyle..PERIOD.
beachgal777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 05:30 PM   #75  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 260.8/144/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefla70 View Post
I don't think the issue is so much that people doubt that the diet works. It was that they had unrealistic expectations for it (i.e. 5-7 lbs per week loss). Your start (20 pounds in 3 weeks) is fantastic. That was my experience as well when I started my plan. However, that is not a sustainable rate of loss. It WILL taper off to a lower level... which is fine. There is nothing wrong with a loss of 2-3 pounds per week. The fact that certain people expect, or demand, more is not realistic.
I lost 116 pounds in 9 months on Ideal Protein. All of the literature says that women lose an AVERAGE of 3-5 pounds a week, and men lose an AVERAGE of 5-7 pounds a week. This is an average over time. In my nine months on ideal protein, I lost an average of 3 pounds a week. That means some weeks I lost 5 pounds and some weeks only 1. Did that discourage me? No it didn't. I have been maintaining my weight since September and have the tools to continue to remain at this weight. Ideal Protein takes a lot of commitment during all of the phases, including maintenance. I will never be able to eat the way I did before. That's what made me obese. Can I eat anything I want to? Yes. One day a week, I have a fun day, so I can deal with holidays, special occasions, or a random craving for chocolate. However, the next day, IP requires a phase one day. Like any diet it's about accountability. It's not a diet that you can cheat on or only do for 5 days a week. It takes 100% commitment, but it works. It's not the only way to lose weight, but it was the only way that worked for me.
SewingMomma is offline   Reply With Quote