Old 11-17-2012, 10:41 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 208/ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrochet View Post
We are back from a week of vacation/cruising. Loved the vacation. My plan was to have 2 protein drinks a day, one really OP meal and splurge just a little. That lasted day one and until dinner day 2. Then I went completely off the reservation for 6 days until last night. Back OP this morning with an unofficial gain of 6lbs. Here's the lessons I'm taking away from this trip:

1. My eating habits have not changed as much as I thought they did, I can fall at any time..very humbling and quite a wake up call.
2. Sugar in my system makes me feel terrible, sluggish and bloated
3. Without the 59lb loss I had before the trip, I would not have been able to comfortably do most of the things I did on this vacation
4. I crave water and vegetables now, never did before IP
5. I am absolutely a carb-aholic. Even though it makes me feel bad, I'll eat foods that aren't good for me anyway.. can't have just a bite (yet) without going over board.
6. Getting to my final goal is more important than ever while re-training myself to eat.

New mini-goals: 15lbs by Thanksgiving, 30 by Christmas... Here we go!

Hope everyone had a great week..I'm back on track.
You can do it! The first step is recognizing what areas you need to work on. Most of us have similar issues with carbs If we didn't, we probably wouldn't be here
sahmmommy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:36 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 240/230/160

Height: 5'4

Thanks for your post. I'm glad your back on IP. I went off IP unintentionally and ended up gaining 30 lbs. I won't be doing that again. Good for you for getting back to it.
yowzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 10:53 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 211/181/155

Height: 5'9"

Desiree,
We did Carnival out of NYC to FL and then the Bahamas. I did ok for 2 days and then was just bored and fell to peer pressure- my step fathers family was roling their eyes at me when I was talking packets and food. There was always a salad bar on the Lido deck where the buffets were so I had that for lunch but veggies were few and far between. I probably gained most of my 5 lbs from booze. I had a couple of glasses of wine each night and that is TONS of calories. I've already shed 3 of the 5 I gained but I am behind the 3 I probably would have lost had I been OP all week. I am back on track and committed again.

I too wanted to start before vacation and I was down 15 lbs so that's great! I am back on track and feel great and I know the pound will come off again.

Let me know if you have any questions!

N
Nitney72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 01:03 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 310/217/190

Height: 5"11

Just did a week vacation as well, didn't plan to stay on diet while I was gone tho. Found I didn't eat near the same amount as I used too. I also skipped appetizers and deserts. Back on IP the day we got back. Lost the weight i gained in 4 days. We are also going on a cruise in January, not going to be IP friendly but won't pig out.
cschindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:11 AM   #20  

We are cruising in January too. I was wondering to phase off or just lose as much as I can and start back on Phase 1 when we get back. My sister are both doing the plan and results are good for us. I am so worried about gaining while away but I do want to enjoy myself and drink some. Opinions of phasing off or not are appreciated.
missymatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 04:58 PM   #21  

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by missymatt View Post
We are cruising in January too. I was wondering to phase off or just lose as much as I can and start back on Phase 1 when we get back. My sister are both doing the plan and results are good for us. I am so worried about gaining while away but I do want to enjoy myself and drink some. Opinions of phasing off or not are appreciated.
Others may say differently, but I didn't phase off. The weight I gained on vacation came off in a week and I started right back on IP the first morning home. No regrets and no issues of any kind during the vacation or since I've been back.
rcrochet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:29 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 282 / ticker / 180

Height: 5'11"

Carb addiction is a result of opioids (most commonly from wheat) that cross the blood-brain barrier and manipulate the brain in the same way as narcotic addiction.

As a result, cheating and consuming those foods causes more cravings for those same foods, regardless of how crappy they make you feel.
nobylspoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:46 PM   #23  
IP Start Date 8/31/2012

S/C/G: 250/119/124

I've been on two business trips and been OK being OP, but it took a bit of planning and I carted a lot of stuff with me (and got a local grocery store to deliver some cauliflower and pickles to my hotel.) I will be on vacation in early December, but I am not planning to relax any rules, I am doing basically the same thing only this time I am also shipping some mango drink to the hotel in advance. I guess that is kind of hardcore, LOL!
AlisonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:32 PM   #24  

Default Me too!

Planned on saying on IP during vacation in September. Really hard when you are running around, siteseeing and not in your regular routine and don't know the area and what restaurants are IP friendly. I would think that at least on the cruise ship, there would be more IP friendly choices, but also a lot of temptation that doesn't cost you anything. I gained 4 pounds on vacation and it took me two weeks to get it off, plus about a month to get my energy back. Never again.
graceswan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:14 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 184/164/135

Height: 5"4

Glad to hear that I'm not the only one who had a difficult time staying OP while on vacation. I was beating myself up over this. I just got back from a week in Mexico at an all-inclusive and found that I gained 1.8 lbs. There were no vegetables for me that I could eat without being cooked in tons of oil or butter or smothered with cheese. The few pieces of lettuce they put out were questionable. I did stay away from desserts and things like rice and bread so I can tell you that the 6 weeks I was on IP before my vacation worked for me - I was definitely not obsessed with those items when given the choice!
enn25 is offline   Reply With Quote