Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2012, 09:42 PM   #136  
Sleeved in Mexico

S/C/G: 250 /170.4 /140

Height: 5'5

Whew, I have almost made it through day 2. It is a bit tougher today. It's all mental with me. When I was at the store, I saw things I usually don't like (for example candy corn) which I usually HATE....but today it looked like the most amazing thing ever. Amazing how the mind works. At this point- it's all mental for me. I haven't wavered, and I know I wont. But dang, the demons inside my head are taking me for a ride!!
Old 10-28-2012, 09:46 PM   #137  

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezie68 View Post
Whew, I have almost made it through day 2. It is a bit tougher today. It's all mental with me. When I was at the store, I saw things I usually don't like (for example candy corn) which I usually HATE....but today it looked like the most amazing thing ever. Amazing how the mind works. At this point- it's all mental for me. I haven't wavered, and I know I wont. But dang, the demons inside my head are taking me for a ride!!
The mental component is always the toughest, during and after the journey. Hang in there, when you feel better and see the scale dropping, it sure gets easier!! Good luck to you!
Old 10-28-2012, 09:58 PM   #138  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

The good news is that after this "craving" bit stops, you won't even WANT any of that stuff! I love being able to take my kids to DQ or whatever, and not even want a taste... that's a great feeling of "willpower" that comes when the carbs are out of your system and your cravings disappear.
Old 10-28-2012, 10:17 PM   #139  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Yes the cravings do ease
Old 10-29-2012, 04:48 AM   #140  

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezie68 View Post
I started IP on a Monday and didn't get over that yucky feeling until Friday. hang in there, it does get better. I found the IP food tasted terrible for the first few days but then my taste buds changed and I now love the chocolate and vanilla shakes
Old 10-29-2012, 04:54 AM   #141  

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
LOL -- I'm WAITING for the day I can be annoyed by people saying I look like I'll blow away! BUT I know what you're saying. Be proud of you and don't worry about what anyone thinks but you. Use the "I'm on a medically supervised diet" thing that others say, or just say "thank you -- I've worked hard at getting to this healthy weight!" and leave it at that

I think the world is getting so used to "obese" being the norm that many people don't even know what a healthy weight is -- just like most don't know what proper proportions for food anymore in this "supersized" society
Well said IP43! I haven't had anyone say that to me on a long time!!

Maybe they are just jealous because you look so good! You could always ask your family doctor if you are at a healthy weight. My FP is aware I am on this program.
Closed Thread