Old 10-26-2012, 09:24 PM   #1  
started IP 10/27/2012

S/C/G: 250.4/237.8/145

Height: 5'6"

Smile Starting IP tomorrow

Hey everyone!

My name is Nikki and I just wanted to jump in and introduce myself because I am starting IP tomorrow. Just picked up my starter kit today. I got a variety of the foods and am hopeful that this is do-able for me. I tried Medifast for a couple of weeks but thought the food was horrible.

Anyway, I just wanted to say hi before I start my new journey tomorrow. Looking forward to getting new ideas and recipes from everyone.

Nikki
Nikki2476 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 06:20 AM   #2  
Starting over: 7/29/2015

S/C/G: 257/251/150

Height: 5'3"

Hi Nikki,
Welcome! I'm sort of a newbie myself--started the diet on October 3. So far I've lost 17 pounds, so it's a diet that delivers what it promises if you follow it. I think the protein packets are mostly pretty good, especially the chocolate drink mix. Like you, I tried another diet (Nutrisystem) for a couple of weeks, but the food tasted so horrible and processed, I couldn't stand it! On the other hand, I really like IP! Good luck to you! It's amazing, but after you get throught the first week or so, the cravings and hunger really do subside.
tam67green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 07:05 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 206.4/146.8/130

Height: 5'1"

Welcome Nikki! The ticket to success on IP is to be 100% compliant...no cheats! It seems a little hard the 1st week due to your body moving into Ketosis but once you're there it's smooth sailing.

Best of luck! You can do this!!
Minch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 07:21 AM   #4  

Welcome! I agree with Minch, the first week is the hardest. Actually by day 5 I was feeling better.

There is a lot of information already found on this website. Check out the FAQs and recipe folders. At the start of IP, we all have similar questions. Someone may have already answered your question.

If you can't find the answer, you might want to post on the "daily" as a lot of regulars read this tread (some people don't read all the new threads).

Good luck!
Willi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 07:59 AM   #5  
IP Start Date 8/31/2012

S/C/G: 250/119/124

Welcome! I think you will like this diet! I think it is a very good plan and a good compromise between having the simplicity of ready made meals (packets) and flexibility (the protein and veg meal) and quite a bit of variety. One really great thing about this diet is the way it forces you to find ways to eat the healthy veggies. I get a lot of ideas and inspiration from this website! Welcome to the "family"!
AlisonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 08:44 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 165/136/135

Height: 5'5

You will love it! Follow it as written and you will be rewarded. In my opinion drink water like a fish. 96+oz a day and you will feel great. get a BIG water bottle and refill it throughout day. Log onto this site for support it really makes it much easier to come here and know you aren't alone when others you see daily think you are crazy. in a month they will be complimenting you left and right.
We are all here, there are so many tips, the list goes on and on. explore the IP sections and you will get all you need!
leganegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 12:44 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 170.4/138.6/130

Height: 5'3"

Hi there!
I'm new around here, too, and started IP in the beginning of October. The first few days of the program can be rough, but your body and mind will adjust if you give them the opportunity. Welcome.
lessmeansmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 01:24 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 186

Height: 5ft 3 in

I'm in my first week too and was wondering if a senior member can answer a question for me. When you say no cheats does that mean no eating anything not on the list or soes it include switching things around. For example not somewhere where I can cook lunch so a protein bar with raw veggies, would this be ok. Or late in the morning and grabbing a protein snack for breakfast. I'm trying really hard to make this work but feel I'm having to do this sometimes.
Bricon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 01:36 PM   #9  
started IP 10/22/12

S/C/G: 185/143/120

Height: 5'4"

Hi Nikki, I'm new here too. I am on Day 6 and it has been easy so far. I love the simplicity of this plan. I eat most of my veggies raw so prep is so quick and easy. The packets are not the tastiest but I didn't enroll for the food I came for the health.
alittlelessme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 03:41 PM   #10  
Committed Member

S/C/G: 181/160/140

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bricon View Post
I'm in my first week too and was wondering if a senior member can answer a question for me. When you say no cheats does that mean no eating anything not on the list or soes it include switching things around. For example not somewhere where I can cook lunch so a protein bar with raw veggies, would this be ok. Or late in the morning and grabbing a protein snack for breakfast. I'm trying really hard to make this work but feel I'm having to do this sometimes.
It seems the "rules" vary from coach to coach, but my coach said to mix things up however I want to, as long as I get 3 IP packs, 2 c. veggies, and 6-8 oz of protein every day . . . and, of course, all the water.

Like you, my schedule is crazy, and I frequently have an IP drink the in car on the way to work, sometimes just an IP bar for lunch, and then my veggies and protein at night. Hasn't caused any problems for me!
GlacierGirl3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 09:08 PM   #11  
Rejuvenated at 60

S/C/G: 185/155/145

Height: 5'5"

Default Not enough vegetables?

All of the infomation I have read, as well as that I received when I started on October 4, says to eat 2 cups of vegetables with both lunch and dinner. You are shorting yourself of nutrients, vitamins, minerals, and most of all fiber. Check with your coach. Mine said I could switch the protein source between lunch and dinner. My meal sheet state 2 cups (not more or less). I have also read that it is very important to have your ideal protein snack just before bed because of the long time before the next meal.
whitehpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 09:21 PM   #12  

Have this every day
3 packs (only 1 can be restricted)
FOUR cups select veggies (not two, FOUR)
Unlimited lettuce
8 oz protein (from your meat choices)
1-2 tsp oil
Salt
All your water, all your supplements

If you need to mix up when you have these items, make the plan fit your life. Follow the sheet means have what is on it every day. If your dinner is later, you may want the snack earlier. This works for me
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 01:56 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 230/176/135

Height: 5'4"

Default First timer!

Hi! I'm a first timer to this program, but not to dieting.... I started ip on Monday and have my first weigh in coming soon. Yesterday I could've eaten my shoe. When does the hunger subside? Plan seems easy to follow so I'm optimistic so far....
pr77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 03:38 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 230/157.3/135

Height: 5'2

Hi! I'm new -ish too! Tuesday will be the start if week 3 for me. This forum has a lot of good info and recipes.
RachelDinAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 04:00 AM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr77 View Post
Hi! I'm a first timer to this program, but not to dieting.... I started ip on Monday and have my first weigh in coming soon. Yesterday I could've eaten my shoe. When does the hunger subside? Plan seems easy to follow so I'm optimistic so far....
Some of it is determining whether you are truly hungry or "want to eat". If I'm hungry, lettuce will help. If I just want to eat, I usually am more picky. I need to find something to occupy my time and drink some herbal tea.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote