3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   At what moment were you IP-ready? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/268709-what-moment-were-you-ip-ready.html)

Suchawittygal 06-05-2013 11:44 AM

I went to my doctor for my yearly check-up, I weighed in at 186 lbs..this was the heaviest I'd ever been. I was just sick to my stomach. My doctor's office just happens to be an IP clinic. So they explained the program to me and I was SOLD, I knew at that point that I was going to do this and HIT my goal!

I went on my vacation to Kauai for 14 days (let me tell you, the pictures are NOT pretty!), and when I came back, I was OP! I've never looked back. This has been the most amazing journey and I just love the results. I do, however, wish I had done some more research and found this board BEFORE I joined at the clinic, it would have saved me a grip of cash as I would have just gone ALL Alternatives instead of IP packets, but expensive lesson learned.

I'm hoping to get to goal here in the next three weeks and head into maintenance.

LolaBell 06-05-2013 01:19 PM

I had always been thin growing up. Even my first two years of College, I stayed in great shape. My second two years of College is what killed me. Then I got a desk job right out of college. The last time I weighed myself-the scale had said 120. So in my mind, even though I knew I was gaining weight, I still thought I was 120. That was until I needed to start buying larger cloths. About a week ago, I went shopping, and a size 12 blouse barely fit me ( I use to buy site 2 shirts). I decided to buy a scale just to see how much I had gained. The scale said 163. I was so upset. I knew I felt uncomfortable in my own skin, but seeing the actual number made me act on it.
I just started IP this Monday. So far, so good. A little headache here and there, but I cannot complain.
But that is my story...

bekkn 06-05-2013 08:36 PM

First Post :)

Between February 2009 and June 2012 I have had three beautiful children whom I love dearly but have wreaked havoc on my body! I was 155 lbs before the first pregnancy and because I am active duty military 156 is the most I can weigh to pass my physical test. I didn't have to worry about it because of back to back pregnancies but after my littlest was born I was topped out at 210lbs! I got down to 190lbs by running everyday and counting calories but it took almost 6 months to lose that 20lbs. My aunt had great success on Medifast so I tried it and got down to 175 but I just could not afford to keep it up and gained 5 lbs back while trying to count calories again.

A friend of mine moved away in December and was comparable to my weight (200lbs) when she left. She moved back in may and when she pulled up to my house I did not recognize her! She was down to 156 lbs and looked stunning! She used atkins shakes for an alternative and told me all about IP. I decided to start it the next week. I ordered Syntrax Matrix protein powder as my alternative because it is more cost effective and have lost 9 lbs since I started :) I am currently 173 lbs and I check into my new command on July 2nd. I am really hoping to check in at 155 lbs so that I am in weight standards but I know I am going to cut it close!

I have to say that these forums have become a daily staple in my IP diet and I could not do it without all of your stories, tips and encouragement! Thank You!!

lisa32989 06-06-2013 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bekkn (Post 4764175)
I have to say that these forums have become a daily staple in my IP diet and I could not do it without all of your stories, tips and encouragement! Thank You!!

Love this! Stealing it!

julianna912 06-06-2013 12:02 PM

I've struggled with starting IP since December 2012. I would usually quit after a couple days and the longest I've stayed op was a week. I just couldn't stop eating candy, chips, whatever was around. I wanted so badly to be healthy but I just told myself I couldn't stop eating bad things. Then last week I just asked myself what does this food do for me? It taste good but after I feel extremely guilty. I've always been a little chubby but never bigger then a 14 and now at 21 I am a size 26. I can't do this anymore. So I ordered my alternatives and waited. I officially began again on Tuesday June 4th and I know this time I'm not turning around. I was so proud of myself yesterday when my manager brought fresh cookies in yesterday and offered me a few.I immediately asked myself why do I need this cookie and went and had a bottle of water instead. I'm so happy I have this forum to help me through this!

ZOMBIEDAWN 06-06-2013 12:17 PM

I found out about about IP from some co-workers. For months, I knew that this was the program and I was going to do it. I don't know why I waited so long.... honestly, it was probably fear. Knowing that I'd really have to change my way of thinking instead of tweaking yet another diet to come around to what I wanted it to be. For example, I can have this 6 pack now if I don't eat tomorrow or these fries are technically a vegetable! When I finally started there were a few things going on with my body that made me realize I was obese. I had a rash on my belly from heat and sweat...that alone was humiliating not to mention painful. I also would get cramps in my abdomen when I shaved my legs or attempted to paint my toes. I just stopped feeling like a girl.... like I was no longer worthy. I was at my lowest. I'm very thankful to have found this board. The support and knowledge here has given me the tools that I've needed to make healthy choices for myself and I'm no longer in "Self Destruct" mode.

Sorry for the SUPER HONEST post....kinda made me feel better, though!! :D

IdealProteinNewbie 06-06-2013 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by julianna912 (Post 4764800)
I've struggled with starting IP since December 2012. I would usually quit after a couple days and the longest I've stayed op was a week. I just couldn't stop eating candy, chips, whatever was around. I wanted so badly to be healthy but I just told myself I couldn't stop eating bad things. Then last week I just asked myself what does this food do for me? It taste good but after I feel extremely guilty. I've always been a little chubby but never bigger then a 14 and now at 21 I am a size 26. I can't do this anymore. So I ordered my alternatives and waited. I officially began again on Tuesday June 4th and I know this time I'm not turning around. I was so proud of myself yesterday when my manager brought fresh cookies in yesterday and offered me a few.I immediately asked myself why do I need this cookie and went and had a bottle of water instead. I'm so happy I have this forum to help me through this!

Welcome! It sounds like you're ready to do it this time, stick with it!

workingit50 06-06-2013 06:37 PM

Some of the reasons weight loss had to happen:

On BP medicine and having chest pains;
Sleep apnea attached to an apparatus at night;
Overactive bladder, on very expensive meds to control;
Aches in knees and shoulders;
Hated myself in pictures;
Isolated from social events due to my weight and how I felt about myself;
Clothes were all tight (size 16);
I was at the weight I had previously been at when I was 9 months pregnant!

Ruth Ann 06-06-2013 08:40 PM

I started gaining weight after I got out of the service, 25 years ago (ok, that kind of ages me!). I just simply ignored it for the most part and the pounds kept creeping on. I just didn’t see myself as fat in the mirror, which sounds crazy but that’s just not what I saw. I ate the same way for years and kept telling myself because I was eating whole grains and fruit and trying to avoid processed foods I was eating healthy. Never mind the sauces, carbs, nightly ice cream, etc.! Self-delusion is a powerful thing.

My father (shortly before he died) asked me “when are you going to do something about your weight? That really hit home and I started really looking at myself and looking at the very few pictures of me that were around and was totally astonished with what I saw. I looked awful!

I had just had 2 back surgeries and was ready to do something and talked to a client and my boss who both lost more than 100 pounds on IP. I did a bunch of research and decided I could do this. I was all psyched up and ready to go when I had to have a spinal fusion and the surgeon didn’t want me starting before surgery and insisted I wait four months after surgery to start. As soon as he okay’d it I started the next day.

This has been the best thing I’ve ever done for myself. The last six weeks I have learned so much about my relationship with food, lost the acid reflux and feel so much better! The support here in this forum and the generosity of so many people sharing so much information has made this a much easier journey for me. And of course, my sweet husband is my biggest cheerleader!

Sorry for the long post, I didn’t realize until I wrote it all out just how many factors all came together to bring me here!

Snowbaby 06-06-2013 08:53 PM

I found IP through a friend starting the program up at a spa. I go tomorrow for all the details and am so excited. I've been reading these posts for months and months, and I finally get to go tomorrow. My sister and I are going to do this together. A few things made my decision to get healthy after many failed attempts on hcg,WW, neutrasystem you name it i was on it.
I have horses and I ride in the trails and always promise my Horse I will lose weight - I always feel so bad he has to Lug me around!! About a month ago he bucked me off and I landed on my tailbone,all that weight just slammed into the ground I still hurt. I'm 43 and move like I'm 90.
I took. My dad for his dr appt and he needs a triple bypass, my mom is a diabetic- I don't want any of those issues, so IP is my "last diet"
I can't wait to start!!!!:woohoo:

Shannonmeows 06-06-2013 10:25 PM

Great question! For me, it was seeing the weight loss I. The one who is my coach now! I used to work out all the time & was fit till one auto accident after another in a span of 8 years kept me from it. Even if I just went for bricks walks it was like my body would make me pay for it! I basically was fed up & tired of being overweight, hating my clothes and being unhealthy. I just am ready to feel good again! I'm still new but I feel so much better already! I've lost a little over 10lbs now & am thrilled!! I don't see it, but I feel good & my clothes fit better!! :carrot:I'm very fortunate to have a hubby that loves me and supports my decision to do this diet. :hug:

Alamo girl 06-06-2013 11:05 PM

I have a friend, my hairdresser of 23 years, that could be my twin in how we have gained and lost weight over the years. She tries the "new" diet and I try it if she has has success! She started IP in February and I finally saw how well she had done so I jumped on board.
I know I feel better when I don't do sugar and keep away from processed carbs. As soon as I add them back in, I go whole hog. My highest weight was 232 in 2000. My lowest weight was 161 in 2007 but that was with me training 7 days a week. As I have watched the weight go back up I justified it because of the "stress" in my life. Actually it was because the sugar and carbs tasted sooooo good :D now that I am older and wiser and my body can't work out to the degree it used to, I am glad that I can do a program like IP. :carrot:

Mugumya 06-07-2013 01:44 AM

I have gone through a lot in the last two years (husband totally cutting off contact with me, then telling me via email he was leaving me (i was pregnant at the time, so left me as a single mom) a change in carrer, a move across the country and a sexual assault) all leaving me overwhelmed and depressed. I have batteled my weight my entire life. Never much success with lossing, even though thre were times I was working 6x a week at high intensity. Those times my body felt better even if the scale didn't show it. But they last two years I just kind of gave up. Stopped carring about what I put in my body, I am sure depression from everything played a part in it. The last several months have been the worst, I just was eating anything I liked.
I finally just got fed up with it...I needed a drastic positive change to combat all the crazyiness.
I choose Ip because I knew lots of people that were having good success on it. Decided I could devote several month to such a drastict diet change to gain an amazing life change. I want to be a fit mom to chase after my toddler. I want to take my boy hiking and camping and not have my with hold me back.

I'm only a week in, so a newbie, still hoping this will be the thing that finally "works". Happy about the positive changes I am making

sweetie8215 06-07-2013 07:02 AM

I've always been fat, just different degrees of it and I've always been one of those people who was "this is how I am, if you don't like it don't look" when secretly I was like well I don't like this either. I've tried pretty much every diet out there along with just good old fashioned calorie counting and busting butt at the gym with very little success. A couple yrs ago we decided we would try to have a baby and to date we've had no luck and I am convinced that it has to do with my weight, plus the fact that if I do get pregnant I'm going to have to carry around and extra however many pounds.
The biggest reason though is one day I showed up for work and there was an envelope on my desk. I opened it up and there were my "before" pics from a bootcamp class I did. Those pics knocked my socks off. I couldn't believe that's what I looked like. I honestly had no idea.
I decided from that moment to stop being delusional about all aspects of my life not just my weight.

MaggieOP 06-07-2013 05:13 PM

I had never heard of IP until a co-worker, whom I hadn't seen a 2 months, told me that he and his wife had both lost 40lbs and 50lbs on the plan.
After gaining 40lbs after starting a new job, I kept on buying bigger and bigger sizes of clothing and felt awful about myself.
My DH and I went to an information meeting on IP and I decided right then and there that this was to be the way we could take weight off together. It has been the best decision ever. IP rocks!