Old 10-24-2012, 10:00 AM   #16  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Good Morning everyone, Down another pound....so that is 199lbs GONE for me!...ALMOST 200!
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 10:02 AM   #17  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Good Morning everyone, Down another pound....so that is 199lbs GONE for me!...ALMOST 200!
Can we both do a "one" dance today?

We're Number One!
We're Number One!

scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 10:03 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Are you making sure to fuel your body after your run? Muscles will often retain water after exercise while they are recovering. You may want to try running a little shorter distance/less intensity, or looking at your stretching/cool down routine after running instead of cutting it out completely. And if you're still in phase 2 you should be having a packet within 1/2 hour of finishing just like in phase 1 to give your body the fuel for recovery. Just some ideas so that you can keep up the awesome progress and not have to drop exercise completely!
Thanks! Yep, having an extra packet right after running AND extra egg whites the next day to help compensate as well. I'm in a Running Room Learn to Run program so I can't do much about the intensity or distance sadly which is why I'm taking this short break to see what happens. I will not quit, I promise!
IPdivajen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 10:09 AM   #19  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPdivajen View Post
Thanks! Yep, having an extra packet right after running AND extra egg whites the next day to help compensate as well. I'm in a Running Room Learn to Run program so I can't do much about the intensity or distance sadly which is why I'm taking this short break to see what happens. I will not quit, I promise!
I gotcha! Well the good news is, P3 is in sight, along with the extra carbs and calories - that might be all you need Keep up the amazing work!!
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 10:19 AM   #20  

Location: Mountains of East PA but originally from New Orleans

S/C/G: 240/206/175

You all are looking fantastic and Zowie Wuv! You are such an inspiration.

Call me percocet brain if you please... It seems my life revolves around IP and surgeries but this one has thrown me for a loop! The surgeon will not allow ketosis in my life right now... 4 weeks tomorrow since surgery - I got screwed - two rods down my back with screws and bone fusion from my hip.
the problem is the success of the bone fusion. Surgeon absolutely no noed ketosis. As I recall, but cannot find the link by myself (remember percocet brain and oh he adds valium to that) there was an IP protocol that moved slower and added enough carbs to prevent ketosis... in a way a little more like Weight Watchers but using the IP food of which I have a plethora and do love! Does anyone or can anyone locate that link for me? IP makes life and losing so much easier. Help please if you can. Thanks.
maykatcooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 10:23 AM   #21  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

I had a hellish day at work yesterday and didnt get to read the afternoon DRAMA on yesterdays daily chat until this morning. Not sure what to say about it other than WOW.
ragdoll74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 10:36 AM   #22  
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by maykatcooper View Post
You all are looking fantastic and Zowie Wuv! You are such an inspiration.

Call me percocet brain if you please... It seems my life revolves around IP and surgeries but this one has thrown me for a loop! The surgeon will not allow ketosis in my life right now... 4 weeks tomorrow since surgery - I got screwed - two rods down my back with screws and bone fusion from my hip.
the problem is the success of the bone fusion. Surgeon absolutely no noed ketosis. As I recall, but cannot find the link by myself (remember percocet brain and oh he adds valium to that) there was an IP protocol that moved slower and added enough carbs to prevent ketosis... in a way a little more like Weight Watchers but using the IP food of which I have a plethora and do love! Does anyone or can anyone locate that link for me? IP makes life and losing so much easier. Help please if you can. Thanks.
I believe this is what you are referring to... it's the alternate plan that is recommended for diabetics and sometimes for others with medical situations.
http://diettalktoday.com/wp-content/...diabetics1.pdf
evepet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 10:45 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 394/381/199

Good morning all! I posted this in yesterday's thread. I don't know if it was too late for anyone to see, or a dumb question...

So I have a question... I have to have surgery on 11/1. I am buying all my packets ahead of time to last through my recovery (10 days) and plan to stay OP throughout. However I am very nervous about the hospital stay. Anybody experienced this while on IP? I am going to ask them if they can specify a diabetic or sugar free diet... I will probably be really out of it on painkillers, might not be able to advocate for myself on this. On top of being scared about the surgery, I'm scared it will derail me. Advice?

I see on this thread someone else is going through surgery and not allowed to be in ketosis... My doctor said nothing about that, told him I was low-carb but not that it is ketogenic... Anyone know why that wouldn't be ok? It's a hernia repair...
this girl is awake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 10:53 AM   #24  

Location: Mountains of East PA but originally from New Orleans

S/C/G: 240/206/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
I believe this is what you are referring to... it's the alternate plan that is recommended for diabetics and sometimes for others with medical situations.
http://diettalktoday.com/wp-content/...diabetics1.pdf
Perfect! Thank you so much!
maykatcooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 10:55 AM   #25  

Here is week 76 progress video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Swiql_9xMQ
Old 10-24-2012, 11:10 AM   #26  
~Tara~

S/C/G: 258/ticker/135

Height: 5' 2"

Happy WI Wednesday- had a good week, I am down 3 for the week. And I am getting that "skinny" feeling, which I love!

Have a great day everyone, and good luck to all of my Wednesday WI buddies!
GoalFor40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 11:11 AM   #27  
started IP Oct 3/12

S/C/G: 225/restart 188/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Here is week 76 progress video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Swiql_9xMQ
I've gotta say, even though I've only been on this forum for a few days, you are truly an inspiration! I've only been on IP for coming up on 3 weeks and still finding it tough at times. Since joining the forum I've been able to keep my focus and see that anything is possible!
clo2551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 11:14 AM   #28  

Quote:
Originally Posted by clo2551 View Post
I've gotta say, even though I've only been on this forum for a few days, you are truly an inspiration! I've only been on IP for coming up on 3 weeks and still finding it tough at times. Since joining the forum I've been able to keep my focus and see that anything is possible!
thank you.....You are correct...ANYTHING is POSSIBLE IF you put your mind to it.....76 weeks without a cheat....IF I can do it for that long....ANYONE can do it!!...Believe in YOURSELF and the program
Old 10-24-2012, 11:16 AM   #29  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPdivajen View Post
LoriKay - so sorry to hear about your friend.
And yes, find something that works for your schedule! Maybe a big salad and some veggies at noonish then your IP pack for a snack around 3/3:30? That might help tide you over.

Is it the weekend yet? Sigh.

So had WI last night and it was a rough week. First week of phase two and first weigh in after a full week of running (3k plus three times a week) and I'm UP 2.6lbs. Lemme tell ya, I was NOT happy. Not happy at all.

In my head I know it's impossible for it to be a real gain or actual fat. I know this. But man, seeing that scale sliding back UP towards 200 is scary as anything! Makes me very concerned for what life will look like when I'm done IP.

BUT... I have to keep telling myself that I'm doing everything right, sticking to plan, and that things will level out. So I'm skipping running this week to see if that helps stabilize things a bit and will get back into it when I hit phase three a week from today (yay!) and have more available carbs and fats to be burned.

What mind games our bodies play with us!!!
I jumped on the high intensity running train in P2 instead of waiting for P3 like my coach had advised, you can see how that went. Expect a gain the 1st week starting a new workout routine as your muscles retain water in the tear/repair process. I didnt lose in P2, but i didnt gain in P3 either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by this girl is awake View Post
Good morning all! I posted this in yesterday's thread. I don't know if it was too late for anyone to see, or a dumb question...

So I have a question... I have to have surgery on 11/1. I am buying all my packets ahead of time to last through my recovery (10 days) and plan to stay OP throughout. However I am very nervous about the hospital stay. Anybody experienced this while on IP? I am going to ask them if they can specify a diabetic or sugar free diet... I will probably be really out of it on painkillers, might not be able to advocate for myself on this. On top of being scared about the surgery, I'm scared it will derail me. Advice?

I see on this thread someone else is going through surgery and not allowed to be in ketosis... My doctor said nothing about that, told him I was low-carb but not that it is ketogenic... Anyone know why that wouldn't be ok? It's a hernia repair...
I remember in a past chat someone mentioned to ask for a saline/sugar free IV solution as apparently the "default" is sugar water type solution.
LizRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 11:20 AM   #30  

Height: magmeepEVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Can we both do a "one" dance today?

We're Number One!
We're Number One!

I love this! I think this should become the standard reply for those losing "only" 1 pound in a week.
Starshine is offline   Reply With Quote