Old 10-20-2012, 09:36 PM   #1  
started IP Oct 3/12

S/C/G: 225/restart 188/150

Height: 5'7"

Unhappy HELP!!! Been on IP for 2 weeks and had a major binge fest :(

This is my second time on IP, I started approx 2 weeks ago and have lost about 6lbs (not as much as I had hoped but still a loss). I feel great when I'm on protocol and want to continue with phase one until I reach my goal....problem is I had a HUGE and I mean HUGE binge today and now I feel completely awful. I know I'm doing this for me and I'm the only one that can make the changes happen but for some reason something came over me and I wasn't even thinking about what I was doing until it was over It's instances like these why I'm at the weight I am.

I need some tips and or advice on how to stay on protocol and what I can do to deter me from ever letting this happen again. It's not worth it and my bank account and most importantly my health will thank you
clo2551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 10:45 PM   #2  

Height: 5'8

i think you have to figure out why you binged
boredom, stress, craving?
southern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 01:57 AM   #3  
Holding on TIGHT

S/C/G: 225/195.4/166.2/135

Height: 5'1

yes, you need to find it within yourself to NOT binge. Maybe identify what your circumstances led up to that binge. Are you able to get the food you binged on out of the house? I'm sorry that happened, I know you probably felt terrible afterward. Were you hungry when you started the binge? Had you eating right up till you binged? All you can do is just start over, start NOW...
fourstubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 02:15 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Is it a weekend thing? The lack of structure can be hard. I try to force myself to stick with my weekday meal plan. It helps, and I don't get too hungry. Otherwise I don't eat and when that happens its hard to stay op.
Momto2cs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 07:43 AM   #5  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Try planning your meals ahead and as much as possible have them ready..Writing down what you are going to eat helps. Posting here helps. Drinking hot herbal tea also helps or taking a walk,.
Maile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 08:53 AM   #6  

remember IP, or any program for that matter, is a matter of changing thoughts and behaviors - i.e. in our heads!!! Don't beat yourself up and get back OP asap. I have found that the key to sticking with it is planning ahead and also telling myself Im in it to win it! Im at the beginning of IP as well with a looong way to go
maezy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 12:14 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 258.4/163.6/168.4

Height: 5' 3"

[QUOTE=clo2551;4504036

I need some tips and or advice on how to stay on protocol and what I can do to deter me from ever letting this happen again. It's not worth it and my bank account and most importantly my health will thank you[/QUOTE]

I'm going to give some tough love here - I hope I don't offend. I have been overweight my whole life but when I started IP I knew I was ready. You need to ask yourself are you really ready for this and if the answer is yes - then NOTHING can get in your way. I have traveled, gone to parties, weddings, funerals with unexpected travel, and general living for the last 8 months. Some choices were really hard - like during Passover I did not follow the traditional rules or eat the food my family did so that I could stay OP. I'm not saying this to brag, I'm just saying if you want it badly enough - nothing should derail you. Binging can't be an option. Cheating can't be an option. Plan, prepare, and know its so worth it in the end. I start phase 3 tomorrow and I'm terrified but I never have been at this weight in my life - there's no going back. Commit and live it. You can do this - but only you know when you are truly ready - good luck and sorry if I sounded preachy - I believe in this program with my whole heart.
drakegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 12:34 PM   #8  

Height: magmeepEVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakegirl View Post
I'm going to give some tough love here - I hope I don't offend. I have been overweight my whole life but when I started IP I knew I was ready. You need to ask yourself are you really ready for this and if the answer is yes - then NOTHING can get in your way. I have traveled, gone to parties, weddings, funerals with unexpected travel, and general living for the last 8 months. Some choices were really hard - like during Passover I did not follow the traditional rules or eat the food my family did so that I could stay OP. I'm not saying this to brag, I'm just saying if you want it badly enough - nothing should derail you. Binging can't be an option. Cheating can't be an option. Plan, prepare, and know its so worth it in the end. I start phase 3 tomorrow and I'm terrified but I never have been at this weight in my life - there's no going back. Commit and live it. You can do this - but only you know when you are truly ready - good luck and sorry if I sounded preachy - I believe in this program with my whole heart.
I think this is so true. I know for me, it was just finally obvious, that I was going on this diet (after researching other diets). I was ready for it, and nothing has derailed me from it. It actually feels pretty easy because of my mindset.

Congrats Drakegirl on getting to Phase 3. And good luck! Maintenance scares me too.
Starshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 01:13 PM   #9  
Committed Member

S/C/G: 181/160/140

Height: 5'8"

Lots of good advice here already, and here's one more thought that I cling to when I feel that urge: I know that I'm going to enjoy that binge for, what, 30 minutes? 60 minutes? And them I'm going to hate myself and feel demoralized for the next week. Totally not worth it!

I think it's especially hard to avoid the cheats when we've spent a lifetime rewarding ourselves with food, and all of a sudden we're giving up everything we used to comfort and reward ourselves with. Sometimes it feels like punishment, doesn't it? But that's when you've got to let the better part of you speak up and remember why you committed in the first place (being fat is no fun, right?) and how fabulous your life will be as you succeed.
GlacierGirl3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 02:00 PM   #10  
started IP Oct 3/12

S/C/G: 225/restart 188/150

Height: 5'7"

Thanks for all the advice. I truely am in this for me and it's my time to shine for lack of better words. I kicked myself and then got back up and have been back OP for for 2 days. It doesn't help that TOM was around the corner which I think was part of my problem :S
Good luck to you all with your continued success and I hope that I can be there soon!!
clo2551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 03:29 PM   #11  
Started IP 9/19/12

S/C/G: IP 256/231/210

Height: 5'11"

Stay committed. It is hard and some days just suck. Forget about the cheat, it's in the past and move forward with new dedication. Good Luck.

TroutFarmer40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 04:45 PM   #12  

I have this quote posted on my fridge at home and computer at work. (It's from my Weight Watchers day...) I helps me when I feel a cheat coming on, especially when I am feeling that "its not fair" feeling.

Don't give up what you want most for what you want now.

Good luck!!!
saratim9051 is offline   Reply With Quote