Old 10-20-2012, 09:49 AM   #1  

Default Anyone wear a BodyMedia Fit?

I've decided to put my armband back on. My metabolism is sluggish with all of my hormone issues. And I'm finishing up my 2nd week of no losses (only week 3 of IP.) I am strict IP with nothing on the restricted veggie list, and no cheats.

So, I'm trying to figure out if my activity is too low or too high? I'm not working out but I have a large family. Daily: 3 loads of laundry, 3 dishwasher loads, vacuuming, homeschooling, etc.
ustasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 11:03 AM   #2  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

A word of caution about the bodybug ... it may or may not be accurate as to your caloric burn because the basis of it is a formula and we're all different. I wore one for three months. In my case the burn it calculated was off by about 500 calories but it was extremely good for teaching me that a lot of small movement adds up to a lot of calories burned at the end of the day.

Assuming you're phase 1 I wouldn't worry about too little activity and normal household activity (known as NEAT) isn't anything excessive that is cause for concern either.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 09:11 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 273.5/251/245

Height: 5'8"

Hi, Ustasmom.

I've been wearing a GoWearFit for a couple of years now. When I first got it, I was going to the gym 4 times a week (for a year, with a trainer, and lost only 3 pounds in that time). I haven't been working out lately but do still wear it. I haven't found much difference during weeks when I am walking more as far as my weight loss. What does seem to really matter for me on IP is making sure I am eating everything on the plan (even when I am not very hungry) and making sure I am drinking all of my water.

Good luck and let me know how it goes. (I'm kind of a data geek.)
FutureFitChick is offline   Reply With Quote