Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2012, 06:35 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Default IP Daily Chat Tuesday 10/16/12

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19

Last edited by rissimo; 10-16-2012 at 06:35 AM.
Old 10-16-2012, 07:13 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 173/ticker/135

Height: 5'1

Good Morning! Up early with sick kiddos... why can't they get sick on the weekend when my husband is home to help and there isn't school to miss? :/ just kidding mostly.

I tried making Rainbows mashed-cauli yesterday for cauli-tots today but my yellow cauliflower pureed down to a more couscous texture than mashed potatoes, any tips?
Old 10-16-2012, 07:18 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 150/123.4/115

Height: 5'2

Day 20 and I am down 10.4 pounds. That comes to .52 daily average. Since week one my loss had slowed down. I am 139.6, with a final goal of 115.
Averaging it out over 20 days makes the loss a lot more palatable.

Excited to enter the 130's. Not been in 130's since february of this year.

Also I changed up my protein yesterday, had lamb chops and that is also what I plan to have today, very excited about that.

Didn't realize how bored I got of eating omelet's and bay seasoned shrimp.
Old 10-16-2012, 07:46 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 182/150/144

Height: 5'2.5"

Good morning from New Orleans everyone!

I'm entering Phase I, week two. I had a first cheat yesterday (a scoop of ice cream...ugh.) Trying to stay on track 100% today so send me some Will Power Dust if you have any to spare. If you sprinkle it right on the keyboard, I'm sure it will come through!
Old 10-16-2012, 07:52 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 222/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6 1/2"

Good morning from CT! Sunny and cool today. My co-worker called me yesterday and asked if I was taking today off (My usual day off was yesterday). I wasn't planning it, but she said I could if I wanted to! So, I am off today. I am so excited! I work 6 days per week and the one day off I get is usually spent doing laundry, grocery shopping and doing non-fun things!

So, today I plan to take my dog for a long, long overdue walk at the local reservoir (4 miles around), break down the veggie garden, catch up on my DVR shows and make a nice dinner.

Have a great, OP day today!
Old 10-16-2012, 07:55 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 173/ticker/135

Height: 5'1

Nola:
Old 10-16-2012, 08:03 AM   #7  
Start: Dec. 18, 2017

S/C/G: 211/210/150

Height: 5'5"

I am discussing "alternative" plan with my coach today...I'm quite curious what it means.

I'm still off-plan, eating normal food....but I also have an appointment with the doctor today and will see what comes out of it...

And, I asked for vacation starting tomorrow, so yay! I can now obsess full-time over my diet, with no work to distract me from my obsession for the next 2 weeks!
Old 10-16-2012, 08:11 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 218.6/150.2/135

Height: 5'3"

I just returned from a fabulous 25th Anniversary trip, and am back to 100% - really ready to finish this journey!! So glad to be back on board!!!
Old 10-16-2012, 08:12 AM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rissimo View Post
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19
Rissimo - great new avatar picture. You look fantastic!!
Old 10-16-2012, 09:28 AM   #10  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by le506 View Post
Good Morning! Up early with sick kiddos... why can't they get sick on the weekend when my husband is home to help and there isn't school to miss? :/ just kidding mostly.

I tried making Rainbows mashed-cauli yesterday for cauli-tots today but my yellow cauliflower pureed down to a more couscous texture than mashed potatoes, any tips?
Awww..hope your littles feel better quick!
You may not have cooked the cauliflower quite enough - when I make mashed cauli I have to just about overcook it to get it to puree down right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonyainva View Post
Day 20 and I am down 10.4 pounds. That comes to .52 daily average. Since week one my loss had slowed down. I am 139.6, with a final goal of 115.
Averaging it out over 20 days makes the loss a lot more palatable.

Excited to enter the 130's. Not been in 130's since february of this year.

Also I changed up my protein yesterday, had lamb chops and that is also what I plan to have today, very excited about that.

Didn't realize how bored I got of eating omelet's and bay seasoned shrimp.
The first week is always the most dramatic - it's normal to have a low loss somewhere in weeks 2-4, as your body readjusts after the big week 1 drop. Things eventually average out!
Old 10-16-2012, 09:43 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 235/186/150

Height: 5' 5"

Good Morning Everyone!

Today will be my 5th WI and I am just not feeling a big loss this week. I had a partial hysterectomy about 12 years ago, still have the ovaries, so I still get fluctuations in hormones. For the past three days I have felt the bloat coming on, terrible cramps and moodiness. I can for sure tell that the fat I have lost and changes in my body have impacted this "cycle" for me. I had a 6.4 pound loss last week, so I am ok with little or no loss this week because I know what it is from. I have stayed 100% OP, following that little sheet every day since I started. We are going to phase off I think starting on Thursday so we can enjoy our cruise.

I will post again this afternoon with my WI in results. Hope everyone has a great 100% OP day.
Old 10-16-2012, 09:52 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 230/172/135

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaHen View Post
Good Morning Everyone!

Today will be my 5th WI and I am just not feeling a big loss this week. I had a partial hysterectomy about 12 years ago, still have the ovaries, so I still get fluctuations in hormones. For the past three days I have felt the bloat coming on, terrible cramps and moodiness. I can for sure tell that the fat I have lost and changes in my body have impacted this "cycle" for me. I had a 6.4 pound loss last week, so I am ok with little or no loss this week because I know what it is from. I have stayed 100% OP, following that little sheet every day since I started. We are going to phase off I think starting on Thursday so we can enjoy our cruise.

I will post again this afternoon with my WI in results. Hope everyone has a great 100% OP day.
I am at week 4 and I am also thinking I am not going to see the loss I want! It's ok though- I know it will catch up. Have a great time on your cruise!!
Old 10-16-2012, 09:55 AM   #13  

Height: 6'0"

Default Phase 2

Has anyone else experienced bloating and burping quite a bit once moving into phase 2?
Old 10-16-2012, 10:00 AM   #14  
A new day... a new DAWN!

S/C/G: 286/256/180

Height: 5'4"

Smile Hello From Canada!

Morning everyone...

This will be my first post since I've become a member on this forum! I hope I can get some support from all ya'll and I can return the support.

This morning I stepped on my scale, not expecting results, but alas... I am down another pound. I started on the IP diet August 24th 2012 and so far I've lost 30 pounds. I went from 286 to 256 in under 3 months. Thats amazing to me!!!! This is the first program that I've actually stuck with and seen RESULTS!

Todays plans are typical: Woke up at 5:30 am, fed the dogs/cat/parrot/fiance, got dressed and drove into the city. I now have some spare time until its off to work for another 8 hours!

Hope to talk to you ladies & gents ??? soon
Old 10-16-2012, 10:25 AM   #15  
Keeping it real!

S/C/G: 40/31/30 waist inches!

Height: 5' 4"

Cool and sunny in eastern PA today. I kind of miss the extra "insulation" - but I'm good with using a coat instead

le506 Hope those kiddo's get better. Don't worry - we all understand the whole weekend thing!

Mommahen - remember that sometimes a large loss is followed by a smaller one so don't get discouraged!
Closed Thread