3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Serenity = Unintended Benefit of IP(?) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/267976-serenity-%3D-unintended-benefit-ip.html)

ALM2000 10-12-2012 02:38 PM

Serenity = Unintended Benefit of IP(?)

I work 50-80 hours a week in a high stress job (which is, for sure, what brought on my 50+lb weight gain in less than five years).

Now that I have been on IP for almost two weeks, I've noticed that although I carry the same workload, my mind is calm and not racing around. I don't know exactly how to describe it, it is all these things: calm feeling, inner peace and mental endurance. My colleagues have commented on this change.

Do you think that, perhaps, IP works to release certain chemicals into my blood stream causing these feelings or is it the food? (or is it just me?)

starsandrockets 10-12-2012 02:49 PM

I've noticed I'm more relaxed then I was before starting IP. I have TMJ which gets really bad when I'm under a lot of stress. In the last 4 weeks that I've been on IP, my TMJ hasn't been bad at all.

wuv2bloved 10-12-2012 02:51 PM

AGREED!!!....your body is released of all of the toxins that come from all of the bad foods we used to eat therefore clearing our minds.

ALM2000 10-12-2012 03:00 PM

This is so wonderful! I feel happy and getting rid of the yuckies.

Starshine 10-12-2012 03:57 PM

I think it's the food to be honest. Without those crazy carbs in my body, and healthy food in it, I'm not as emotional/craving/addicted. When I was Vegan years ago, I had that feeling, but that too was a really healthy way to eat.

And I love this clear head! Even though my stress level is through the roof now, it would only be so much worse, if I were trying to stuff it down with food.

ALM2000 10-12-2012 04:09 PM

I thought I'd miss all the junk food but I don't, at least not yet.

healthyangie 10-12-2012 04:13 PM

Funny you guys should actually post this. My coach does biofeedback tests every few weeks and my last one (2 weeks ago) he noted my serotine (sp?) levels. When I asked what they had to do with anything he said "Have you been feeling a sense of "calm" lately?" Which, actually - I was. He said it's the chemicals rebalancing in the brain. Like when we eat carbs, our brain releases this hormone because it loves carbs - it's addicted. When we get to a certain point in the diet, our brain secretes them without needing the carbs. Pretty cool huh??

ALM2000 10-12-2012 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by healthyangie (Post 4496203)
Funny you guys should actually post this. My coach does biofeedback tests every few weeks and my last one (2 weeks ago) he noted my serotine (sp?) levels. When I asked what they had to do with anything he said "Have you been feeling a sense of "calm" lately?" Which, actually - I was. He said it's the chemicals rebalancing in the brain. Like when we eat carbs, our brain releases this hormone because it loves carbs - it's addicted. When we get to a certain point in the diet, our brain secretes them without needing the carbs. Pretty cool huh??

Thanks for the info! Love this feeling. Wondering if I stay on IP this feeling will last?

healthyangie 10-12-2012 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ALM2000 (Post 4496210)
Thanks for the info! Love this feeling. Wondering if I stay on IP this feeling will last?

I'm second week P3 and I still have it - even after introducing some carbs ... So maybe :D