Old 11-13-2012, 05:36 PM   #121  

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPbeginnerNOLA View Post
Another issue, I had my third weigh in yesterday and my results were not good. Although I was down 2 lbs, it was 2 lbs of muscle mass. My body fat percentage went up by like .41 and my lean mass went down from 113 to 111.

I did not cheat EVEN ONCE! The most cheating I did was sniff bread. I ate the appropriate amount of protein a day. There were some days that I didn't have my veggies at lunch, could that have been it?

Also, my coach said that I can continue to work out. So I did cardio about 4 days last week and I did weights for 3. Do you think the weights could have done it?

So this week, I'm just doing some light cardio and not doing any weights but some ab workouts and seeing if maybe that improves it. I was really upset with my loss, but I ended up losing about 4 inches all over. Did anyone experience stomach and cramp issues within the third or fourth week?
Lean mass is NOT just muscle mass. It is everything "not fat". Think connective tissue, organs, blood vessels, skin, etc. As we lose weight, we lose lean mass too. Don't freak out about it. I wish your coach would have explained/educated you about that.

And if your weight went down, your percentages will change.
One more thing: these are ESTIMATES.

If you don't have all your veggies, you aren't doing the whole plan. Get those veggies in! If not at lunch, then for a snack (or add some spinach to a smoothie at breakfast!)
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:22 PM   #122  

S/C/G: 181/163/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by maezy1 View Post
GREAT IDEA! For all of those in Baton Rouge - lets get together and open a business that serves "to go" dinners for IP!!! We'd make a fortune!
Great minds think alike. We need "TO GO IP" Desperately!
time4changenow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:01 AM   #123  

S/C/G: 136/120/115

Height: 5'4"

Had to share a funny story: we went to the LSU basketball game last night, and I absolutely love popcorn, and my BF usually gets a bag and we share it. Soooo, I made some kale chips to bring to the game with me. I put them into a gallon sized ziplock bag, and when I showed him, you should have seen the look on his face......really did look like "something illegal!" Even better - the looks on people's faces at the game when I was eating them. I made sure to bring a BIG purse so that I could leave the bag in my purse, but when I would pull out the leaves.....it really did look suspicious!
sstw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:08 AM   #124  

S/C/G: 144.4 /136.6 /103-105

Height: 4' 11"

I'm from N.O.!!!! I started the program a week ago. I want chocolate !!!!! How can we lose weight with all the great smells thats going on around here. I went to work downtown and all I could smell was char grilled oysters and fried/ Blackened something ...had to think of something else as I was walking by. And wheres the french fries ????? I do have to say it's getting easier with every day that passes, but sometimes all my brain wants to think about is how do I cheat!
byugrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:56 AM   #125  
~John Wayne~ On:6/21/2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by byugrl View Post
I'm from N.O.!!!! I started the program a week ago. I want chocolate !!!!! How can we lose weight with all the great smells thats going on around here. I went to work downtown and all I could smell was char grilled oysters and fried/ Blackened something ...had to think of something else as I was walking by. And wheres the french fries ????? I do have to say it's getting easier with every day that passes, but sometimes all my brain wants to think about is how do I cheat!
What helped me get through is taking those smells and using them as motivation. I kept telling myself that the stronger I worked the program the sooner I could have some of those smells back.
jwdesselle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:16 AM   #126  

We can have grilled fish/seafood. Plan that into your day on top of a big bed of greens!

There are LOTS of IP chocolate products. I have a dark chocolate smoothie (with blended raw spinach) made with cold coffee & coffee ice cubes for breakfast every workday morning. You could have a chocolate lunch AND a chocolate snack until that craving subsides.

It is a restrictive diet but we can make it work for us!

Last edited by lisa32989; 11-15-2012 at 07:19 AM.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:32 AM   #127  

Quote:
Originally Posted by time4changenow View Post
Great minds think alike. We need "TO GO IP" Desperately!
ok so coffee together one day and we will plan our business adventure!
maezy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:34 AM   #128  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstw1 View Post
Had to share a funny story: we went to the LSU basketball game last night, and I absolutely love popcorn, and my BF usually gets a bag and we share it. Soooo, I made some kale chips to bring to the game with me. I put them into a gallon sized ziplock bag, and when I showed him, you should have seen the look on his face......really did look like "something illegal!" Even better - the looks on people's faces at the game when I was eating them. I made sure to bring a BIG purse so that I could leave the bag in my purse, but when I would pull out the leaves.....it really did look suspicious!
That is hysterical!!!! I can just picture everyone looking at you in the assembly ctr!
maezy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:40 AM   #129  

Maezy1, wait until Saturday. I'm planning on bringing another ziplock of kale chips to tailgating for the LSU football game. I'm sure I'll get A LOT of wisecracks and double looks. hahahahhahahaha............
Old 11-15-2012, 12:19 PM   #130  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstw1 View Post
Maezy1, wait until Saturday. I'm planning on bringing another ziplock of kale chips to tailgating for the LSU football game. I'm sure I'll get A LOT of wisecracks and double looks. hahahahhahahaha............
LMAO that is too funny!!!!...but hey you stuck to your plan and did it with a smile...so all is good!!!
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:19 PM   #131  

Overnight Thanksgiving Turkey Marinade

2 T. minced garlic (about 6 cloves)
4 t. dry mustard
2 T. chopped fresh rosemary leaves
2 T. chopped fresh sage leaves
2 t. chopped fresh thyme leaves
4 t. sea salt
2 t. freshly ground black pepper
4 T. olive oil
4 T. freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 c. dry white wine (optional) or chicken broth

Marinade one day prior to cooking.

In a small bowl combine all ingredients except for the wine into a paste. Loosen the skin from the breast meat gently with your fingers and smear half the paste directly onto the meat. Spread the remaining paste evenly on the skin. Cover tightly and marinate overnight in the fridge.

Prior to cooking turkey according to directions, pour wine or broth into turkey cavity.

Most flavorful turkey you will have! Doesn't even need gravy! I like to use the reynolds turkey roaster bags to keep it extra moist!
Old 11-15-2012, 12:26 PM   #132  

S/C/G: 275/ticker/195

Height: 5'10"

Hey I like your new picture jwdesselle!!

I may have to go tailgating with you guys before too long. My youngest is a HUGE LSU fan since we moved down here last year...
dawn again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:29 PM   #133  

Dawn, where did y'all move to? We're playing Ole Miss this weekend. Geaux Tigers!!!
Old 11-15-2012, 08:48 PM   #134  

S/C/G: 144.4 /136.6 /103-105

Height: 4' 11"

Just had "Big Mac in a bowl" ..... Yummy!!!!!!!!
byugrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:42 PM   #135  

I will be in the Baton Rouge area tomorrow around 2-230...crown plaza or something like that....lol....going meet my ex to get his second car for my oldest since the struts went out in the rear end of his car. I am more than likely going to stop by the genie bra in Manderville and see what they have to fit me...should be a good day!