Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2012, 01:57 PM   #61  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heitina View Post
Today is a WONDERFUL DAY!!!! I have reached my goal weight. It took just over 4 months to lose 52 lbs. AMAZING!!!!
Today is my last day of phase 2 - tomorrow I start phase 3. All I want is an Orange....oh how I'm gonna love having an Orange tomorrow....
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!
Old 10-12-2012, 01:59 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 242/242/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Ron 43 View Post
For heavens sake....... I was wondering who this guy "Tom" was..... and why he was ruining everyones day. I feel kind of silly now
Big Ron, that is hilarious! Don't feel silly. I still don't know what some of the abbreviations are; at least you figured this one out, .
Old 10-12-2012, 02:16 PM   #63  
Ready to reboot

S/C/G: Reboot with 140 as my goal

Height: 5'4"

Good afternoon to you all!! I'm in one of those just on the verge of hungries all day today (well so far, being it's still morning in my zip code). I'm hoping that it is a sign of an upcoming whoosh. My last two WI have been stinky and I've been stuck in the 152-154 range for about 3 weeks now. I am ready to break that 150 barrier!!!! Hiking again this weekend weather permitting. Yes, I'll protein up before and after both days. My coach said that's what was my WI killer last week.

Every one have a great weekend!!
Old 10-12-2012, 02:20 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 235/186/150

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Today is a WONDERFUL DAY!!!! I have reached my goal weight. It took just over 4 months to lose 52 lbs. AMAZING!!!!
Today is my last day of phase 2 - tomorrow I start phase 3. All I want is an Orange....oh how I'm gonna love having an Orange tomorrow....

That is awesome!!! Congratulations.
Old 10-12-2012, 02:22 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 173/ticker/135

Height: 5'1

IP is DANGEROUS
had the scare of my life last night when my pinky went right through my mandolin slicer along with my zucchini! a 6 hour trip to the ER, a pass-out/black-out, resewn-on fingertip, missed dinner and one HECK of a headache later I survived but man, damn zucchini trying to kill me.

on the other hand my IP coach and I laughed that between the amount of blood I lost and the chuck still gone, thats easily 1/2 a pound that won't be there on my weigh-in
Old 10-12-2012, 02:31 PM   #66  
Keeping it real!

S/C/G: 40/31/30 waist inches!

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by le506 View Post
IP is DANGEROUS
had the scare of my life last night when my pinky went right through my mandolin slicer along with my zucchini! a 6 hour trip to the ER, a pass-out/black-out, resewn-on fingertip, missed dinner and one HECK of a headache later I survived but man, damn zucchini trying to kill me.

on the other hand my IP coach and I laughed that between the amount of blood I lost and the chuck still gone, thats easily 1/2 a pound that won't be there on my weigh-in
Oh Dear!!!! Wow, that was lucky (kind of ...)!

I would have taken the zuchinni with me ... they're SOOOO slow in the ER

Glad you could find something to chuckle at anyway!!
Old 10-12-2012, 02:44 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 149/131/130

Height: 5'3"

Day 3 of phase 2. I am a bit worried about the weekend. In Phase 1, if the family headed off somewhere I could throw a bar in my bag and go. Now, I will have to plan a bit more or sacrifice my evening snack in the name of convenience. I just love my bit of chocolate at the end of the day, we all make choices.
Old 10-12-2012, 02:46 PM   #68  
8/23/12 - 1/6/13

S/C/G: 170/140/135

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by malexaschacha View Post
Good morning!! So I've been on Ideal Protein for six weeks and have started to stall over the past couple weeks (not significant loss in two weeks). I'm not knowingly cheating so I'm left confused and frustrated as I read about everyone's successes. Is there a resource on here that can outline the specific guidelines of Ideal Protein and the thought process behind them so I can break my efforts down and start again?? I really want this and feeling like I might be helpless.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmuroff1 View Post
TGIF!!!!! I had a puney weigh in this morning Only .4 loss this week, guess that's what happens when u have a big loss the week before lol but a loss is a loss and i will take it....i see it as im .4 closer to my goal and just keep trucking
Malexaschacha, Jmuroff1 - I feel your pain. Another slow loss for me again this week. Coach says I'm following the program perfectly. I just think about the alternative - before IP I was gaining at least a pound every month. I'm also thrilled to have my obsession with Cherry Coke Zero firmly under control under IP.

My coaches are screwy with my measurements. I see the first available of one of 2 coaches who surely must be measuring me with different techniques, because I have these huge 1" swings both up and down in odd places, like my mid-thigh. No, I know for sure that my right thigh did not gain an entire inch last week, while my right arm lost 1/2 inch. Drives me nuts. No doubt next week I bet they say might right thigh lost a 1/2 inch while my right arm gained an inch.

I'm off to see grand baby this weekend. I'll post a new pic when I get back.
Old 10-12-2012, 02:49 PM   #69  
Restart 12/29/13

S/C/G: 172/160/135

Height: 5'2

Oh no! I'm glad you're alright now, but that sounds HORRIBLE! Eating veggies should not carry such risk to your appendages! Hope you heal quickly!

Quote:
IP is DANGEROUS

Old 10-12-2012, 02:58 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 184/146/130

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mompattie View Post
Great job, and you're right that miserable feeling eating off plan should be bottled. I hate how I feel when I eat carbs, and I LOVE the feeling being OP gives me!!! What is great wolf lodge like?? I've seen it advertised and it piqued my interest!

Thanks. GWL is a watermark in Niagara Falls, but all thru the US as we'll. huge indoor watermark, we go every year with two other families. Kids love it!!! You can go for two days and not leave the hotel. If you are thinking about going, it is cheaper Sun-thurs.....watermark passes are included in the hotel fee.
Old 10-12-2012, 03:04 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 184/146/130

Height: 5'1"

Quote:

Wow that is awesome....enjoy your orange!

Quote:
IP is DANGEROUS

Wow glad you are ok......I cut myself on mine too.......sharp for sure!
Old 10-12-2012, 03:58 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 165/158/120

Height: 5 feet 3 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrochet View Post
Last night we went to an annual gumbo cook off. I did great.. not a grain of rice, not a piece of candy, cookie, dessert or a bite of potato salad.. all huge NSV's for me.. where did I cave? I had my first diet coke in 4 month. Ick, yes I did drink it all, but how on earth did I practically live on this stuff before IP? Moving on today, lots of water is on the agenda.

Last year and every previous year (dieting or not) my request was "mostly rice please, do ya'll have potato salad and dessert too?" Didn't miss any of that, I'll add that to my list of things I've learned about myself on IP.

Hope everyone has many scale and NSV's today!
I will admit -- I cheat with a diet coke every now and then. I gave up soda for new year's before starting IP, so if I have one, it is very few and far between. But now, since IP, it is ALWAYS diet, and only every now and then. It's like a little treat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
It's not misery! Truly, Phase 1 is what you make it. If you keep an open mind about the veggies, try new things, and let your tastes change (by NOT cheating and giving the products time to help your taste buds get free of over-stimulation from sweeteners and such) you will do great. I have managed to find something "close enough" for almost every craving I have. I eat veggies I never dreamed of. I am rarely hungry - but when I am, I am also well equipped to deal with the hunger without going off plan. It works - but you have to make it work for you
I agree! It's strange to think Phase 1 was miserable! The first few days were rough. And I think a lot of my issues with the first week was my starter pack was full of a bunch of drinks and shakes -- I've never been a flavored drink and shake person. When I went back and was able to get more food-type things, such as the omelette and more soups, I was set. Also, I had a strong craving for spaghetti my first week (carb detox, I guess), so I think the only things that saved me was zuchinni noodles with WF tomato and basil sauce, topped with some ground beef.

Ahh, Fridays. Every has their TGIF going on, and this is the start of my work-weekend. Oh well -- there is a Cardinals playoff game, so it will be busy, busy, busy!
Old 10-12-2012, 04:06 PM   #73  

Height: magmeepEVE

Quote:
IP is DANGEROUS

So glad you're okay and could later laugh about it! I cut myself on my mandolin too (not that bad, but still hurt like anything and blood), and I had someone compare it to their paper cut.
Old 10-12-2012, 04:20 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 214/183/160

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
That is GREAT Heitina. What an inspiration. I cannot wait until I join you at goal.
Old 10-12-2012, 04:31 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 209/136/140 R:224.8/200/145

Height: 5' 5

Default Reaching goal

Quote:
Congratulations! Enjoy your orange tomorrow.. Keep us posted on how Ph 3 goes.
Closed Thread