Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2012, 09:49 AM   #16  

Height: 5'6"

Welcome back Kaypix, hoping your payday is today! scorbett, love your new pic, gotta say though...you're looking a little mischevious right there, lol. Vet..amazing work you've done, great goal for Halloween.
I think my week is going pretty well. The last 2 weeks I had to WI on Saturday instead of my usual Friday because of work. This week I think I'll be back in Friday schedule.. we leave for vacation a week from tomorrow, that's all I can think about, soooooooo excited to feel the pool and beach for the first time in over 15 years. I'm focused to lose as much as possible by then, enjoy the trip staying OP as much as possible, with a few little spluges.
Old 10-11-2012, 09:50 AM   #17  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heitina View Post
I thought this was cute...gotta share....
An older lady came in to my work place and mentioned my weight loss - as we were discussing it, I told her that I was now going to stop losing and work on maintaining - she told me what a great idea that was....to maintain before I lose the NEXT 20 POUNDS!!! I know i'm not skinny-mini...but I really thought I was done. I could tell her intentions were not mean...I had to chuckle to myself.
Seriously great attitude you have, people mean well... sometimes it's a fail for them, lol.
Old 10-11-2012, 09:54 AM   #18  
Keeping it real!

S/C/G: 40/31/30 waist inches!

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heitina View Post
I thought this was cute...gotta share....
An older lady came in to my work place and mentioned my weight loss - as we were discussing it, I told her that I was now going to stop losing and work on maintaining - she told me what a great idea that was....to maintain before I lose the NEXT 20 POUNDS!!! I know i'm not skinny-mini...but I really thought I was done. I could tell her intentions were not mean...I had to chuckle to myself.
LOL! That's too funny! I stopped at 150 like you, yes - I probably could have squeezed a little more out but I'm going to see how this all comes back together and how I maintain through the holidays. Then if I want I'll take a few more off in January.
Old 10-11-2012, 09:57 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

People seriously do not think before they speak! I'm sure you look great. Finding a comfortable maintaining weight is hard. You don't want to be constantly struggling to stay at it!

I know I have picked a hard weight for me. Staying at 145 requires a lot of work and energy. Plus, I almost never tell people my actual weight because I an very muscular and large boned to begin with, so they are always suprised by how much I do weigh, especially compared to friend who are around the same height. Then I feel like I should be lighter...
Old 10-11-2012, 10:10 AM   #20  
Keeping it real!

I really think we need a refresher on those numbers .... I can remember in my 20's being a size 0-3 with not a drop of fat and the doctors saying my number bordered on being overweight! That was at 140. If I went to the suggested 125 from my coach, I'd look deathly ill!!!

Woman have muscles now - we should go by how we look and feel, not a number! Although I agree it's a "gauge" - it shouldn't be pushed on us.
Old 10-11-2012, 10:11 AM   #21  
Keeping it real!

On another note - did anyone see the clip about the new magazine "Plus" that came out? They had it on GMA today. Looks really cool and I have to say - it's about time. It doesn't promote being fat or skinny - it promotes being healthy.
Old 10-11-2012, 10:12 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 173/ticker/135

Height: 5'1

I hate that it is 10am (here) and I already have a vent.

<- that's me when my IP coach and this board disagree. She tells me to stay away from WFs and Mio. I just asked about cooking with coconut oil and she says its a no-go (though grape-seed is okay)

urg. I don't know who to believe
Old 10-11-2012, 10:27 AM   #23  
Carb Addict

S/C/G: 290/290/180

Quote:
Originally Posted by le506 View Post

<- that's me when my IP coach and this board disagree. She tells me to stay away from WFs and Mio. I just asked about cooking with coconut oil and she says its a no-go (though grape-seed is okay)

Oh Danger Danger Will Robertson.... don't cook with grape sead oil very often, it has a very low smoking point and can make your food taste icky.
Old 10-11-2012, 10:33 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

My coach sells coconut oil and wf.

It seems lots of people on here use mio with no issues. Sometimes you just need to figure out what works for you and do things your way.
Old 10-11-2012, 10:39 AM   #25  
Started IP 2/23/2012

S/C/G: 192.2/142.4/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
Riss! Your new avatar show a super hot chick! Whooo Hoooooo! Awesomeness.
I was thinking the same thing. You look great Riss!!!
Old 10-11-2012, 10:43 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 173/ticker/135

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlvr52 View Post
Oh Danger Danger Will Robertson.... don't cook with grape sead oil very often, it has a very low smoking point and can make your food taste icky.
Thanks I didn't know that, luckily the only time I've ever seen it in an IP recipe was for a salad dressing!
Old 10-11-2012, 10:44 AM   #27  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kay2012 View Post
Scorbett, I love your new picture. You are beautiful!
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrochet View Post
Welcome back Kaypix, hoping your payday is today! scorbett, love your new pic, gotta say though...you're looking a little mischevious right there, lol. Vet..amazing work you've done, great goal for Halloween.
I think my week is going pretty well. The last 2 weeks I had to WI on Saturday instead of my usual Friday because of work. This week I think I'll be back in Friday schedule.. we leave for vacation a week from tomorrow, that's all I can think about, soooooooo excited to feel the pool and beach for the first time in over 15 years. I'm focused to lose as much as possible by then, enjoy the trip staying OP as much as possible, with a few little spluges.
LOL who me, mischievous?

Quote:

Did she explain her reasoning behind why she doesn't approve of Mio or WF? If you go strictly by the IP sheet, both products fit the 0/0/0 rule of extras that are OK on IP so you know she is just making her own judgement.

Grapeseed oil and EVOO actually have very similar smoke points. BUT grapeseed oil is a lot higher in polyunsaturated fats than EVOO. On the upside, grapeseed oil has more Vitamin E than EVOO. I stick with the olive oil for cooking because that's what is recommended on our IP sheets.
Old 10-11-2012, 10:45 AM   #28  
Keeping it real!

Quote:

My coach majorly disagreed with the 3FC concensus on Phase 3 and mixing carbs and fats for breakfast.

I chose the 3FC, much to their dismay and it's working fine for me.

My coach loves the idea of Coconut oil, good with WF and completely doesn't have an opinion on Mio.

I agree that if it works for you, go for it.
Old 10-11-2012, 10:47 AM   #29  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Quote:

The bottom of the phase I sheet says you can have things that are zero carb, fat and sugar, which WF's stuff is.

The sheet does say olive oil and grape seed oil only. I've used the coconut oil in place of the olive oil and do not think it has had an adverse effect. I've never had a loss of less than 2lbs in 13 weeks.
Old 10-11-2012, 10:49 AM   #30  
Started IP 2/23/2012

S/C/G: 192.2/142.4/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
Hi Vet,
I'm also back to lose after being away for 5 weeks. I gained a little over 5 pounds, and need to lose that plus a few more. Learned that carbs really don't taste that good, except for a few things.
So good to see you on here. I don't check in here as often as I should. I've been on the maintenance thread mostly.
Closed Thread