healthyangie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 11:26 AM   #48  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthyangie View Post
LOL! Victoria's of course
OK deal. Funny story about VS shopping with my girlfriend, now wife. she looked at on of the mannequins displaying a pair of sexy undies and said, "I wish my but looked like that." W/O thinking I said me too. We both got a good laugh out of that one, thank goodness.
usmcvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:36 PM   #49  
Keeping it real!

S/C/G: 40/31/30 waist inches!

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
OK deal. Funny story about VS shopping with my girlfriend, now wife. she looked at on of the mannequins displaying a pair of sexy undies and said, "I wish my but looked like that." W/O thinking I said me too. We both got a good laugh out of that one, thank goodness.
LOL! Good thing she has a sense of humor or else ....
Old 10-12-2012, 02:23 PM   #50  
Started IP on 10/2/2012

S/C/G: 166.2/108/105

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugh73 View Post
Just a fun, ranty thread.

Less boobs
Less butt

And this may be the worst...
My shoes are too big now???? I swear I've gone down about 1/2 a shoe size. Just enough to be slipping out of many of my favorite high heels, and I'm a shoe freak. I was NOT expecting that.
Yes! Too bad we can't target the weight loss or "reassign" where the fat goes. LOL

Last edited by ALM2000; 10-12-2012 at 02:24 PM.
ALM2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 03:10 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 184/146/130

Height: 5'1"

This is a funny thread, didn't know what to expect...lol

My spine hurts now when I sit on benches with backs....I didn't think my spine was fat too
kellycg102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 03:40 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 153/139/120

Height: 5.0

All my spanx are useless now because they are too big. I wish I could get my spanx taken in. Those suckers are expensive.

Loss of productivity at work since I am unable to concentrate. All I am can think about is how fabulous I will look when I get down to my goal :-)

I need to ask for a pay raise for all the new clothes I have to buy to look good at work. That should be a good business case for a raise
kdspirited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 04:47 PM   #53  

I just bought new underwear yesterday as well.

I picked out boy briefs in really unusual colors. When we got home, my husband told me that after I picked them out he thought to himself "Who are you??"
ustasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 01:22 AM   #54  

S/C/G: 248.6/231.5/180

Height: 5'4

The fact that it makes my birth control less effective is a big down side for me. I take it 3 months straight at a time and this month my TOM came anyways even while taking the pill which before IP never happened. I am normally irregular and use the pill for regulation and with that now gone it SUCKS. The positives still out way the negatives but I am just saying.
MonicaKolesnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 07:59 AM   #55  

Height: 5'8.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2cs View Post
Anyone who says healthy eating and exercise are best either have never tried to lose weight, are very young or are in denial.
Well, I am 65 and eating a super healthful diet -- NOT eliminating carbs or any of the stuff "society" says we are "supposed to" -- not only that I have degenerative arthritis in one hip which limits my movement. I spend hours working out in the pool. I don't buy diet pills, foods, books, or gimmicks. I buy mostly organics or local produce and avoid processed foods, fake sugar, and chemicals. Yams are among my favorite foods. I eat whole grain bread from a bakery, and Quejos (bread made from manioc root which I get at a health food store). I've studied nutrition quite a bit (free, online) and agree with Michael Pollan when he says "Don't eat anything you see advertised on TV" and "Don't eat anything your grandmother would not have recognized as food." My policy is "If God made it, eat it; if mankind messed with it, use caution." My food is the most delicious I have ever eaten, although I almost never spend more than 15 minutes preparing a meal. And my plan is enthusiastically approved by my doctor.

Not only am I losing weight on a regular basis, but my labwork has gone from high cholesterol, blood pressure, triglycerides, etc. to everything being in the normal range. My complexion, hair and energy levels have improved dramatically.

Please note I am aware of what thread this is in and I am NOT criticizing anyone who chooses these methods... hey, if that is how you need/want to get the weight off, go for it! But just responding to your post that those of us who choose to do it by just eating healthful foods and working out are "in denial."

I am not in denial and LOL I most certainly am not "very young." Eating healthfully and exercising certainly DOES work. And yes, I DO say it is best and most healthful to fill our bodies with natural products rather than chemicals and processed foods. It's also way cheaper. And FWIW I consider this an UP side of weight loss; not a down side.

Last edited by Misti in Seattle; 10-15-2012 at 08:17 AM.
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:11 AM   #56  
Keeping it real!

I think the comment on healthful eating and exercise was more meant that it does not work for everyone the same way. I'd say most of agree to eating healthy and exercising but that they're not NEEDED to lose weight effectively. Nice to hear your still fighting the good fight!
Old 10-15-2012, 09:14 AM   #57  
Keeping it real!

So I put my winter "snuggies" on this weekend as it's getting pretty cold here in PA. Two things - 1) they were HUGE!!! 2) - I don't want to cover up this cute little butt anymore

Why didn't I do this BEFORE summer came and not after?????

Can we wear our bathing suits in October LOL??
Old 10-15-2012, 09:19 AM   #58  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthyangie View Post
So I put my winter "snuggies" on this weekend as it's getting pretty cold here in PA. Two things - 1) they were HUGE!!! 2) - I don't want to cover up this cute little butt anymore

Why didn't I do this BEFORE summer came and not after?????

Can we wear our bathing suits in October LOL??
I think this is a perfect reason for us to plan an IP cruise - why should we have to wait until summer to showcase our hot bodeez? LOL
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:26 AM   #59  
Keeping it real!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
I think this is a perfect reason for us to plan an IP cruise - why should we have to wait until summer to showcase our hot bodeez? LOL
Woot Woot! I'm there!!!!

Yes, we wouldn't want to deprive anyone would we???
Old 10-15-2012, 09:37 PM   #60  
8/23/12 - 1/6/13

S/C/G: 170/140/135

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Ha! I started this program in Aug because some friends are going to join us in Cancun in Feb and I want to wear all that cute resortwear rather than cover ups! Half way there! BTW - I love all-inclusives in Cancun better than a cruise because I don't have to worry about getting stranded in high seas! Seasickness doesn't go well with resortwear, I'm afraid.
Fishette is offline   Reply With Quote