Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2012, 02:36 PM   #61  
IP Start: 8/15/12

S/C/G: 286/217/158

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Aw thanks Hubby took that picture at the local Working Waterfront Festival a week and a half ago. I hadn't realized how much weight came out of my face till he showed it to me!
I agree with everyone, you look fantastic! Sometimes it takes seeing yourself from someone else's perspective, or a reflection you aren't accustomed to, to really notice the results.
Old 10-10-2012, 02:36 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 192/148/150

Height: 5 3"

Quote:
What a crazy week it's been. They are sending my MIL into Boston for one of the tests they have to run - the doc is pretty confident she knows what is causing her illness but the ERCP today and biopsy tomorrow will firm up the diagnosis so we can just move on to treatment! She was in good spirits yesterday, but we are definitely ready for her to be home and on the mend

WI today was a 1lb loss - but in the middle of all the stress with my MIL and also having TOM, I'll take it! NSV for yesterday too, I made a whole batch of homemade choc chip cookies with my kids and didn't lick a single spoon, bowl or beater!
Whoa Scorbett!!!!!!!
I had to do a double take too! I did not recognize you!! What a beautiful picture! You are rocking this program! Best wishes for MIL! Yes they are priceless!
Old 10-10-2012, 02:40 PM   #63  

S/C/G: See Ticker....getting there!

Height: 5'4"

Hi Everyone.....
I've been gone since June, but I'm back now! I lost 28 pounds my first round of IP (April - May). I gained two over the summer, and I started up again Oct 1 and have already lost 10 pounds. I forgot how hard it can be...but how rewarding, too, to see that scale drop. Trying to stay motivated.
I'm 36 pounds lighter than I was before I started. Woo hoo.

So, just a big Hello to everyone who stayed OP over the summer. I'm back on the wagon!
Old 10-10-2012, 02:42 PM   #64  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

love the new photo scorbett....you are looking so hollywood like genna davis!! SO VERY VERY PRETTY!!!!
Old 10-10-2012, 03:03 PM   #65  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

You guys are too much but THANK YOU for the confidence boost! I kinda stink at taking compliments (many years of putting myself down if someone said something nice about me)...so I'm trying to get better about that.

I've read other people post how they didn't recognize themselves in the mirror or in pictures after weight loss - didn't really understand until I saw that picture. I fell into the category of "no idea just how big I had gotten" before starting IP. NOW I see very clearly how far I fell...and I am NEVER going back!
Old 10-10-2012, 03:09 PM   #66  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunk Yeager View Post
Good morning all!!!

Long time lurker, first time poster.

Officially started IP on Saturday 10/6 - ramped up to it using some EAS CarbadvantEdge drinks, veg and almost zero (or as close as I could come) carbs in the days leading up, so that when I "OFFICIALLY" started IP, I'd be ketotic or pretty darn close to it.

I was peeing smelly and had the metallic taste in my mouth by Day 2. I'm a former Atkins guy, so I know ketosis when I smell it - and unfortunately - my wife has put out the "DO NOT TRESPASS" sign as she's not a big fan of the odors coming out of, and wafting around me. (Sorry if it's TMI for a first post)

But I share because I care. I care about living longer, living a more healthful life and I want to be around a long time. This site has been an absolute Godsend to me since I started down this path. I know 2 people who have lost a lot (man lost 100#, and woman has lost 30# so far and is still falling) - so I have personal knowledge of others who have succeeded, and I'm formerly from the medical profession, so I understand MOST of the chemistry behind all of this. My wife - who IS in the medical profession is much more supportive of this lifestyle versus Atkins - she couldn't argue with the results of Atkins - my blood chemistries changed DRAMATICALLY (Triglycerides went from 497 to 189 in 12 weeks), but she vehemently fought me on the process, the unlimited calories and the unlimited fat. This program seems to take the best of a lot of different protocols and meshes them into one that works for the long haul.

I'll be asking lots of questions - none of them short - I'm of Irish lineage and we dont communicate in 2 sentences....we tell stories. I'll post my first story after lunch today when I have time. (It involves my Coach - ALREADY!!!)

As for my moniker - I've started on my bucket list - at 45 years old, I'm starting to recognize my mortality and now have the time to start ticking some of the more exciting things off my list.

I've wanted to learn to fly since I was 7 or 8. I finally got around to it in May of this year. I'd been searching for 5 years. I couldnt find the combination of available plane that was big enough (but still fit my flight profile) and an Instructor who was small enough (Under 160#) to learn to fly - The License I'm getting restricts the total weight of plane, fuel and people to 600Kg, so I was hamstrung. I finally found an 83 year old guy that had the plane and the size and I've been flying with him all summer - once I can post photos, I'll post my First Solo photo. I've done all my solo time, but now, before I can get my license I have to fly with a "Pilot Examiner" who will give me a flight test. There are no Pilot Examiners within 500 miles of me who weigh LESS than 180-190# - so the plane would be overweight. So I cant get my license till I either a. buy a $125K plane (NOT GOING TO HAPPEN) or b. Lose a bunch of weight.

My brother saw a photo of me and my instructor in the cockpit while I was flying one day (we were squished in there pretty good) and named me "CHUNK YEAGER" - and it stuck. Now everyone calls me Chunk.

That......I guess......Is my FIRST Story.
Good luck Chunk! I think that fish in your hands is more than 8 oz! Ha ha

Last edited by Willi; 10-10-2012 at 03:12 PM.
Old 10-10-2012, 03:11 PM   #67  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaHen View Post
Sounds like you have a great plan. Your mother sounds like a great lady to have gone and bought your stuff...I am sure you don't want to let her down by not staying OP after she did that for ya!

Welcome aboard Chunk! Loved your story and think you are well on your way to being a Chuck and not a Chunk.

Well happy Hump Day Everyone. I woke up feeling so good today and have such a new attitude, it is quite refreshing!

Today the workers are coming to finish putting the roof on our barn. After my dads fall off the ladder that resulted in a broken hip and surgery we really can't finish it by ourselves so we had to hire it out. I will be glad to see it done!!! We have so much to do between now and next Saturday when we leave for our cruise...I made a list, but somehow the list just keeps growing instead of shrinking.

So I wish everyone a 100% OP Happy Hump Day!!!

Great new photos! What a difference.
Old 10-10-2012, 03:14 PM   #68  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Welcoime and thanks for coming out of lurking. We also have a Men on IP thread http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...p-vol2-29.html, stop by there and introduce yourself as well. There are more and more "coming out" and speaking which is awesome.

Today is my weigh in and I must say the WHOOSH fairy visited me last night....are you READY for this.....after 74 week on IP I have dropped another 6lbs!!!!!!!.......BAM out of no where another 6lbs gone...can you tell I am a little OVER the moon!!....wooohooo!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, good for you! You really deserved this! P2 is so close...
Old 10-10-2012, 03:18 PM   #69  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunk Yeager View Post
I can say that when I did Atkins 8 years ago, I had a LITTLE smelly pee, and very rarely bad breath - but I didn't get ketotic till around day 12 - I was a police officer back then and I hadn't noticed ANY loss in size (I swore off the scale - and only used a measuring tape) at all through day 12 - Or, at least I hadn't felt like I had - then on day 15, I came home from a night shift and walked into my bathroom to get to my closet and I saw this strange figure in the bathroom, It spooked me, I drew my off-duty gun and almost shot my image in the bathroom mirror. My profile had changed so radically so quickly, that I damn near "shot myself."

It might take a while for your body to adjust and start burning the fat, and even if you are ketotic, many people dont really notice a difference. Sit back, relax, ignore standing on the scale and wait. IT WILL COME - physiologically it HAS TO. And....if by chance you are one of the Blessed that gets through Ketosis without stinking....LUCKY YOU.

(Another quick story) - I was out with friends last night - I had 6 x 16oz glasses of water while they drank beer <SIGH> but I kept catching myself sniffing, checking my breath and then saying......"did someone fart?" to which their response was "no, it's just you."

Yeah......I'm odorous.
We blame the cats for the farts! I keep wondering who fed the cats chili

Last edited by Willi; 10-10-2012 at 05:19 PM.
Old 10-10-2012, 03:20 PM   #70  

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneofThreeGirls View Post
Thank you for the reassurance! I will try snacking on veggies during the day.
I tried putting spinach in my shake. I find one cup of puréed spinach thickens my shake (chocolate) but doesn't affect the taste.
Old 10-10-2012, 03:21 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 205/182 start IP/170/125

Height: 5'1"

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
are you getting ALL of your required foods in for the day? Packets and veggies......Has your routine changed at all? added exercise or done more than you usually do?....when this happens to me I usually see the Whoosh fairy, but this week that didn't happen she just came and I wasn't hungry....lol.
I have been eating like I did last week, even added more salad greens After you wrote that, I sat down and thought about it, we have been putting up wood for winter and since I was on a 3 day weekend, maybe that was it. It was the only thing that was different about my routine, but since it happens yearly, i didn't think about it. Thanks.

BTW, you look Fabulous!! Thanks for inspiring me
Old 10-10-2012, 03:27 PM   #72  

Quote:
Aw thanks Hubby took that picture at the local Working Waterfront Festival a week and a half ago. I hadn't realized how much weight came out of my face till he showed it to me!

Awesome!!!
You look fabulous! I literally thought this was a different person!!!
Old 10-10-2012, 03:30 PM   #73  

Quote:
You guys are too much but THANK YOU for the confidence boost! I kinda stink at taking compliments (many years of putting myself down if someone said something nice about me)...so I'm trying to get better about that.

I've read other people post how they didn't recognize themselves in the mirror or in pictures after weight loss - didn't really understand until I saw that picture. I fell into the category of "no idea just how big I had gotten" before starting IP. NOW I see very clearly how far I fell...and I am NEVER going back!
At least you didn't almost shoot yourself like Chunk did! Ha ha
Old 10-10-2012, 03:31 PM   #74  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sweet4u View Post
I have been eating like I did last week, even added more salad greens After you wrote that, I sat down and thought about it, we have been putting up wood for winter and since I was on a 3 day weekend, maybe that was it. It was the only thing that was different about my routine, but since it happens yearly, i didn't think about it. Thanks.

BTW, you look Fabulous!! Thanks for inspiring me
Your body didn't have enough protein to burn off with the extra activities. When you do stuff like that always eat more protein, add a few egg whites or 1/2packet/drink before and after ...and thanks

Last edited by wuv2bloved; 10-10-2012 at 03:32 PM.
Old 10-10-2012, 03:40 PM   #75  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willi View Post
At least you didn't almost shoot yourself like Chunk did! Ha ha
ROFL seriously! Or get mad at my husband for taking pictures of mystery women
Closed Thread