Old 10-08-2012, 09:21 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 137/112/105

Height: 5'0

Default Not Losing Much

I've been on this program for 3 weeks now. The first week I lost 3.4 lbs, 2nd week was .4 lbs, and this week I weighed myself because I don't have a WI til Wednesday, my scale said 1.3 lbs. That's a total of 5.1 lbs in 3 weeks! I am feeling really discouraged especially seeing other peoples losses.
I drink all my water, take all my vitamins, eat all my vegetables..I have been estimating the meat, cause that's what my coach told me to do, she said I didn't need to buy a scale..but I went and bought one this weekend because I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong! I never feel hungry, I don't get any cravings, I have energy, all the things I'm suppose to feel.
I'm only 5'0, do smaller people lose slower?
slowloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:28 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 239.4/ticker/140ish

Height: 5ft 5.5in

Its probably because you're smaller and are starting at a lower weight. If you weighed more you would lose faster. As long as you are 100% OP, you'll be okay.
EmilySebetka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:30 PM   #3  
~Tara~

S/C/G: 258/ticker/135

Height: 5' 2"

Be careful comparing your losses to those of us who have 100+ lbs to lose. Yes, smaller people do lose slower, as do people who are relatively close to their goal weights. How you ate before you started IP can also affect your numbers. If you were eating healthy before, you're probably not going to have that big "whoosh" that many of us get the first week.

I am sure many others will chime in and share their experience and encouragement. It really does work if you stick with it.
GoalFor40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:30 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

yes, what Emily said.
Bellamack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:38 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 149/131/130

Height: 5'3"

I am shorter and did not have a lot to lose. My losses have also been small. My coach keeps reminding me that my age, height, and starting weight all play into my losses. I am averaging about 1.7/week. I focus on the healthy habits I am developing and not the losses.
Samkatmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:11 PM   #6  

Height: magmeepEVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samkatmom View Post
I focus on the healthy habits I am developing and not the losses.
I think this is the absolute best part of this diet. Teaching us to eat better and correctly, no matter how much we have to lose. Thanks for mentioning this!
Starshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:13 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 271/201/130

Height: 5' 5"

I am using the daily plate at livestrong.com to help me keep track of my carbs and calories and such to make sure I'm making the best choices I can. Maybe something like that could help you.
chrismprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:44 PM   #8  
Back to the old me :)

S/C/G: 138.4/see ticker/125

Height: 5'6 1/2

My losses have been minimal, too. I lost 1.4 in my first week, .6 2nd wk, and .8 in my 3rd week. That's a total of 2.8 lbs in 3 weeks, all 100% OP. I also had around just 10 lbs to lose, which I think played a big part in the incremental losses. So don't get discouraged, just keep at it. Pretty soon everything will add up.
aliceinseattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:38 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 192/148/150

Height: 5 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowloser View Post
I've been on this program for 3 weeks now. The first week I lost 3.4 lbs, 2nd week was .4 lbs, and this week I weighed myself because I don't have a WI til Wednesday, my scale said 1.3 lbs. That's a total of 5.1 lbs in 3 weeks! I am feeling really discouraged especially seeing other peoples losses.
I drink all my water, take all my vitamins, eat all my vegetables..I have been estimating the meat, cause that's what my coach told me to do, she said I didn't need to buy a scale..but I went and bought one this weekend because I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong! I never feel hungry, I don't get any cravings, I have energy, all the things I'm suppose to feel.
I'm only 5'0, do smaller people lose slower?
Sometimes it's not about the number on the scale. Never compare yourself to anybody else on this diet! Look at the whole picture. If you lined up 10 women who all weighed the same and were the same height, you'd be amazed at the physical difference! Percentage of fat mass to lean body mass, genetics and body shape all figure into this. No two people are alike. I am wearing size 6 clothes, yet I weigh more now than I did 5 years ago. The one big difference is my lean mass to fat mass ratio!! Huge difference. This diet will transform your body and you will feel amazing with each pound lost! I had weeks where I lost a minimal amt of weight, but my inches lost were much greater! That's what I mean by the big picture. You are learning to eat well and feed your body the right way! Your body wil respond in a positive way! It just takes time!!! Be patient and stay OP 100%
MyTime50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:05 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 137/112/105

Height: 5'0

Thank you all for replying! I feel much better now! I thought I was doing something wrong, but I'm glad to hear it's normal. And you are right, I'm learning a healthier way to eat which is why I joined IP in the first place..I didn't just want to lose weight, I wanted to learn how to eat properly so that it would be a long term thing, so thank you all for that reminder! I really needed to hear all this today so thanks again! I will keep doing what I've been doing!
slowloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:37 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/124

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoalFor40 View Post
Be careful comparing your losses to those of us who have 100+ lbs to lose. Yes, smaller people do lose slower, as do people who are relatively close to their goal weights. How you ate before you started IP can also affect your numbers. If you were eating healthy before, you're probably not going to have that big "whoosh" that many of us get the first week.

I am sure many others will chime in and share their experience and encouragement. It really does work if you stick with it.
Great advice! I have also read that its harder for smaller people to burn calories!

Just take it slow and before you know it you will be 105

Fatness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:58 AM   #12  
Ready to reboot

S/C/G: Reboot with 140 as my goal

Height: 5'4"

When I accounted for the difference between the capri's I had been wearing to WI and the jeans I wore yesterday I lost just .6 lbs last week. My coach claims it is from hiking our local mt two days in a row back to back over the weekend and retaining water. I did have inches lost (1.75, not nearly my usual). Coach says I'll have a whoosh soon and be back to my normal loss.
Great Dane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:12 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 150/123.4/115

Height: 5'2

5 pounds on a 5 foot frame is a pant size!
sonyainva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:40 AM   #14  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Dane View Post
When I accounted for the difference between the capri's I had been wearing to WI and the jeans I wore yesterday I lost just .6 lbs last week. My coach claims it is from hiking our local mt two days in a row back to back over the weekend and retaining water. I did have inches lost (1.75, not nearly my usual). Coach says I'll have a whoosh soon and be back to my normal loss.
That's probably accurate - especially if you didn't supplement your exercise with an extra packet within 1/2 hour of finishing. Water weight doesn't stick around, thankfully
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:54 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 153/139/120

Height: 5.0

Default I am the exact same proportion as you

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowloser View Post
Thank you all for replying! I feel much better now! I thought I was doing something wrong, but I'm glad to hear it's normal. And you are right, I'm learning a healthier way to eat which is why I joined IP in the first place..I didn't just want to lose weight, I wanted to learn how to eat properly so that it would be a long term thing, so thank you all for that reminder! I really needed to hear all this today so thanks again! I will keep doing what I've been doing!
HI I am exactly the same proportion as you. 5ft and need to loose around the same amount of weight. If you like I can keep you motivated. We could team up and make sure we keep each other on track. I have been on IP before and can assure you it works. I lost 20lbs in 3 months on this diet the first time around. Now I am back to loose the other 15lbs. Started last week and this is my second week so hope to keep myslef on track.

Dont loose heart I averages a 1.6 lbs loss per week which is normal for someone our size
kdspirited is offline   Reply With Quote