Old 10-08-2012, 10:50 AM   #16  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rofl306 View Post
Had my third Thanksgiving gathering yesterday(so Friday, Saturday and Sunday)! I have stayed OP the whole way. Nice to weigh at home today and have a loss. It makes it so worth it. I still have more company coming through today.

I told my SIL(who is also on IP but rarely OP) yesterday at her feast that rhubarb is on plan and I stewed some and put in pumpkin pie spice and that it was good (until my husband voted for more spice and then we put in too much spice). Anyway, she got very excited and ran out to check her rhubarb plant to see if it was frozen yet. It wasn't frozen, so we chopped 64 cups of rhubarb last night. She wants to can it today after my company leaves. I came home thinking 'what did I get myself into?'. I am a moderation person. I froze 8 cups of my own and stewed 4 cups (which I thought was plenty) and now I am looking at 64 cups to process today! Oh boy!

Have a great day! and Happy Thanksgiving to everyone in Canada!
It's a lot of work now, but you'll be so glad to have it in the middle of winter. The taste of summer, a completely OP treat!
mompattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:50 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 235/186/150

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll74 View Post
Good morning all!

I reached the halfway point this morning!
That is AWESOME!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post

We're still waiting to see what'll be happening with my MIL - she's been getting her labs drawn every day this weekend. Her liver enzymes haven't changed (which is good) BUT her bilirubin is still going up. The doc hasn't told her to come back to the hospital yet so the levels aren't critical - but she has another draw today so we'll see. I have a feeling that instead of scheduling surgery for the middle of the week, they'll have her get admitted tonight and do the surgery/scope first thing tomorrow. Hopefully by the end of this week we can put the whole thing behind us and she'll be on the mend
I hope she is on the mend soon too...and that you are taking good care of yourself as well.

So today I am going to do housework and get some things in order around here before we leave for the cruise...only 320 hours till the ship sails...but who is counting????

I didn't make it to shop for pants for myself yesterday, so I might try tomorrow after our WI. As much as I would like to buy some jeans I think it might be best to just get pull on ones that I can wear through a few size changes...or I might have to hit the second hand stores...I was looking at jeans online and I just can't justify the cost when I know that I only wear them a limited number of times. My coach said she has asked the doctor who she works for to turn the extra exam room into a clothes lending closet...this would be great, hope it works out.

I hope everyone has a great Columbus Day here in the States and Happy Thanksgiving to all the folks up North!!!

MommaHen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:52 AM   #18  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heitina View Post
Good morning to the best IP support system in all of the land!!!!

Never, ever did I think I'd say these words...I'm one pound from goal. I'm on the 2nd week of phase 2.
I am scared to death.
I've been really comfortable with the structure of IP and now i'm scared to enter that big scary world which is filled with tempting goodies!
I have lived a life filled with carb addiction & closet eating. I've dieted for 35 yrs. (my highest weight was 242 lbs.). I hope I can break the cycle. I keep telling myself that I need to grow up and make responsible choices when it comes to taking care of myself. I am no longer able to get away with behaving like a spoiled child who can eat what ever she pleases.
I need to plan, plan, plan - journal my feelings & come here for support.
You guys are my lifeline, my sanity...you've kept my head up above water more times then you will ever realize. Thanks for all your love, support and inspiration

Happy Monday and Happy Thanksgiving Canada - I AM GRATEFUL!!!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Your hard work and focus have paid off!!! What success you've found!! You will be FINE on maint. The girls on that thread are awesome, so stick around and keep inspiring us!!! Way to go!!! You must feel great!
mompattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:56 AM   #19  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Helloooooo IPeeps, i just decided to take today off and play catchup. Its been crazy town around here, and after a weekend of allergies, 1 toddler vomit session, and our 4am night terror wake up call i figured i would be more productive at home catching up on errands than bleary eyed at work. I will try to catch up later, today i am getting REAL work done...lol!
LizRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:03 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

G'morning all!

I'm going out to lunch with my new team at work and unfortunately they chose a sandwich place (Olga's). The salads are ridiculously high in fat and carbs so I'll have to just eat the meat and ignore the bread- which isn't totally OP but the best I can do I'm drinking a shake now so I won't be hungry and will be less tempted to pick at the bread.

I feel weird just sitting there with water because I don't know these people, and there is literally NOTHING low carb on the menu (they have low carb bread but what's the point in ordering that if I can't have any bread anyway?)

Ugh. Frustrating.

Last edited by djs06; 10-08-2012 at 11:08 AM.
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:06 AM   #21  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

There is a company that makes flavorings very close to where I work. Sometimes the smell of the flavorings are so strong I can smell them in my office. Today's flavor is maple syrup.

The smell is so strong that I could swear there is a stack of piping hot pancakes next to me that are drowing in syrup. The first few minutes of this make me hungry, after 3 hours of this I am revolted by the thought of maple syrup.

I hope tomorrow they switch to blueberry, that was is a little more tollerable.
ragdoll74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:08 AM   #22  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by djs06 View Post
G'morning all!

I'm going out to lunch with my new team at work and unfortunately they chose a sandwich place (Olga's). The salads are ridiculously high in fat and carbs so unless I bread out and playing with it, just eating the meat- which isn't totally OP but the best I can do I'm drinking a shake now so I won't be hungry and will be less tempted to pick at the bread.

I feel weird just sitting there with water because I don't know these people, and there is literally NOTHING low carb on the menu (they have low carb bread but what's the point in ordering that if I can't have any bread anyway?)

Ugh. Frustrating.
Can you ask them to leave out the dressing, croutons and cheese from the salad? Most of the sandwhich places have vinegar and oil that you can add to the salad.

Work lunches can be a challenge. It's so hard to avoid the diet discussion when you are eating a breadless sandwich.
ragdoll74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:08 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Height: 5'8"

Morning, all!

Ragdoll, congrats on halfway!! It's all downhill from here! Woot!

scorbett - thinking good thoughts for your mom.

rofl - that IS a lot of rhubarb!! But you will definitely be happy to have it later - so easy to just pull out and prepare!

I'm really excited for our dinner tonight. Leftover turkey, grape tomatoes and mushrooms in WF alfredo sauce with a bit of Miracle Noodles. YUMMY! I love turkey leftovers. Sooooooo good!

I'm still in my pj's and it's delightful. I love a good holiday Monday! Have a crazy week coming up at work but for now I'm just chilling out with DH and the puppy. Have a great day, everyone!
IPdivajen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:15 AM   #24  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll74 View Post
Can you ask them to leave out the dressing, croutons and cheese from the salad? Most of the sandwhich places have vinegar and oil that you can add to the salad.

Work lunches can be a challenge. It's so hard to avoid the diet discussion when you are eating a breadless sandwich.
Haha, I know... I might as well introduce myself as "Dieting Dana."

You're probably right- I could just have them hold all the bad stuff and bring out oil and vinegar. Thanks! That sounds better than picking bread off a sandwich and looking like a toddler playing with my food! I'm sure I won't be the only one ordering a salad, too.
Old 10-08-2012, 11:16 AM   #25  

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Great job!!!

Hoping for a good day today, we are taking the kids to the farm for their harvest fair - it's small so food shouldn't be a big draw (we're packing a picnic lunch) and there will be LOTS for the kids to do

We're still waiting to see what'll be happening with my MIL - she's been getting her labs drawn every day this weekend. Her liver enzymes haven't changed (which is good) BUT her bilirubin is still going up. The doc hasn't told her to come back to the hospital yet so the levels aren't critical - but she has another draw today so we'll see. I have a feeling that instead of scheduling surgery for the middle of the week, they'll have her get admitted tonight and do the surgery/scope first thing tomorrow. Hopefully by the end of this week we can put the whole thing behind us and she'll be on the mend
:

Keeping your family in my thoughts!
Old 10-08-2012, 12:08 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 173/ticker/135

Height: 5'1

quick question after looking through some of the recipes here on 2 posts. Rolled Oats and flax seed (even if they are bob's red mill brand) are NOT allowed on phase 1... correct?
I got all excited about some rhubarb cookies but don't want to take any liberties
le506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:28 PM   #27  
Restart 4/1/19

S/C/G: 226.8/190.0/140

Height: 5' 5"

Ugh...fell off the wagon yesterday. I was doing really well, I made a huge thanksgiving feast for my entire family and didn't cheat at all. Then after dinner I sat down for tea and I ate a sliver of "healthy" pumpkin pie my sister made, I didn't eat the crust. Then later I ate a cupcake that my neice made, followed by another sliver of healthy pumpkin pie, again no crust. I'm disappointed in myself, up until this point I have been OP for the last 7 1/2 weeks. Today I am back OP, but all those wonderful leftover treats are calling my name! I will have to be strong because I've come too far, I am almost halfway to my goal and I don't want to mess this up! Hopefully this doesn't mess up my week too badly.
Bella73123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:28 PM   #28  
Keeping it real!

S/C/G: 40/31/30 waist inches!

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by le506 View Post
quick question after looking through some of the recipes here on 2 posts. Rolled Oats and flax seed (even if they are bob's red mill brand) are NOT allowed on phase 1... correct?
I got all excited about some rhubarb cookies but don't want to take any liberties
Right - not allowed. Not till Phase 3.
healthyangie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:40 PM   #29  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Quote:
Originally Posted by le506 View Post
correct!
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:48 PM   #30  
Keeping it real!

S/C/G: 40/31/30 waist inches!

Height: 5' 4"

Hey all!

So I posted a new thread but no replies - no one EVER seems to reply to my new threads! I must title them boring ...

Anyway - I know most of you are still on Phase I but I'm having some real issues with Phase 3 and any help would be appreciated.

The breakfasts are WAY too much - I feel sick and bloated afterwards. I've have to cut them down.

I haven't gone to the bathroom is 5 days!!!!!

I haven't weighed myself and although my clothes still fit the same, my belly is BLOATED out!

I have to force down a full lunch and can't seem to get my extra protein packet in.

I'm 1 week in and hoping this goes away. Did anyone else experience this???
healthyangie is offline   Reply With Quote