Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2012, 09:56 PM   #121  
IP Start: 8/17/12

S/C/G: 183/150/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Don't you just LOVE the amount of "willpower" IP gives you? I can be around foods I used to CRAVE and I just don't want them (or not usually). I had a hungry week last week but worked thru that & stayed OP. It feels so much better knowing that I'm healing my body rather than making it sicker and sicker. And I'm doing it with my food choices!

Social occasions have become about the PEOPLE and not about the food. How great is that!?!
I'm feeling the same way about the "willpower" and social events being all about the people. It's a very empowering feeling!
I attended a brunch this morning with quite a spread from bacon and eggs to shrimp and cheese cake and an open bar. I stuck with iP friendly selections (including steamed veggies) and enjoyed talking with a lot of fascinating people! It was awesome.
Old 10-07-2012, 10:28 PM   #122  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mompattie View Post
Success!!!! Thanksgiving dinner and I enjoyed white turkey breast meat and steamed cauliflower!!! Passed over the potatoes and gravy the dressing the perogies!!! Didn't even want them. The quick trip to old Navy first helped - size 16 jeans and L size sweaters on sale!!! What an awesome feeling to see and hear everyone complaining they ate too much and all lying on the couch moaning they are sooo full!! This year I didn't have that gross over eating feeling. And it felt great!!!!! My parents, in laws, all celebrated together this year so the visiting and card playing was awesome!!! I had water with lemon slices and I feel great!!!! I love IP!! SIL gave me a hand me down lulu lemon hoodie color purple!!!! I'm on cloud 9!
Way to go woman! Sounds like it was a successful holiday on MANY levels!
Old 10-07-2012, 10:30 PM   #123  

S/C/G: 304/219.6/200

Height: 6'

Well done mompattie. I went to my brothers house for thanksgiving. I made Lizr's celery mushroom garlic purée for a gravy and made fauxtatoes with cauliflower. It was pretty tasty although I don't think anything can really replace mashed potatoes.

The pie really looked good too. But not good enough to cheat. I was the only one that wasn't stuffed, but I was full.

I am looking forward to Christmas turkey though. I hope to be done by then, or very close to it.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! And Go Riders!! (Tomorrow).
Old 10-07-2012, 10:46 PM   #124  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hgamroth View Post
Way to go girl! Proud of you! What card games do you and your family play? We are a BIG pinochle playing clan.
Thanks!!! We are canasta players!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Way to go woman! Sounds like it was a successful holiday on MANY levels!
Thanks so much!! It was awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddd849 View Post
Well done mompattie. I went to my brothers house for thanksgiving. I made Lizr's celery mushroom garlic purée for a gravy and made fauxtatoes with cauliflower. It was pretty tasty although I don't think anything can really replace mashed potatoes.

The pie really looked good too. But not good enough to cheat. I was the only one that wasn't stuffed, but I was full.

I am looking forward to Christmas turkey though. I hope to be done by then, or very close to it.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! And Go Riders!! (Tomorrow).
GO RIDERS! Sounds like we both did great! It wasn't all that hard either! State of mind most certainly!! These mashed potatoes looked kinda yucky anyway. Def not worth having!! I'll be OP for Christmas too, but I'm feeling better about it after my success today. I won't be doing any baking though. Good thing my gf bakes and sells dainty trays! Next challenge - Halloween! We got this.
Old 10-07-2012, 11:09 PM   #125  

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Height: 5'8"

woohoo mompattie! Yay on the shopping front! And for surviving the big meal. I had two to get through this weekend and with a bit of planning, it was surprisingly easy! Made Liz's rutabaga pie recipe and wow, crazy stuff! But it tasted quite good. I used the IP oatmeal to make a top crust and added some WF maple syrup and it was pretty decadent.
Old 10-08-2012, 12:01 AM   #126  

S/C/G: 149/131/130

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neast View Post
Can we have turkey bacon and sausage? I'm feeling a bit better today. Mild headache but did find some 0-0-0 vanilla and caramel flavoring at the store. Can start doctoring up the pouches.
I found a ground chicken sausage. It was so tasty. The brand is Isernio's. They make a breakfast (which I tried) and an Italian sausage (cannot wait to try).
Closed Thread