Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2012, 12:37 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 168/138/130

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
Thank you both SO much for your kind words. To say this past year has been challenging health wise in my family would be an understatement, but I held on and still continued to lose weight. However this coming week some of those health concerns are going to be dealt with, and my resources are just about tapped out which has caused me to lose focus on my diet. Hopefully my family will finally get some good news and I can relax once again and just focus on me. At times like this I find maintaining is just as important as losing.
Dana, I said a prayer for you. I hope you week goes well!
Old 10-07-2012, 06:19 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 196.6/130/134

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delgen View Post
New path, YOU have been a huge inspiration to me! I am so excited that you are in ph 2. Awesome!
Delgen, I am so glad that I have inspired YOU! I will need you in a few weeks when I finally make it to P3. I am excited and nervous at the same time! I am so very carb sensitive, I do worry that I am going to be hungry and get those awful cravings back! I guess I have to have faith in my pancreas. I did go through some of the maintenance threads...wow, it sounds so very confusing. I know that my clinic offers a workshop on maintenance, but not one for phase 3.
Have a wonderful day Delgen, you look so super skinny and healthy! Jules
Old 10-07-2012, 07:23 AM   #48  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 260.8/144/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Going well. I am 2 weeks into phase 4. and keeping very close track on fatsecret.com. My coach told me I could maintain at around 1500 cal a day, but I am keeping it between 1000 and 1300. I also tend to stay away from carbs except breakfast. I have had one fun day...but the next day was anything but fun. So I have not done another Fun Day.

I think I end up eating more like phase 3, avoiding the carbs, since I think that is how I gained weight to begin with. I get cravings when I eat too many carbs.

Thanks for asking!
Way to go! I've got one week of maintenance under my belt. I'm eating a phase 4 diet but haven't had a fun day. All of my carbs are coming from unprocessed, unrefined foods. No white flour or white sugar for this girl! I'm eating 1600 calories a day as per my coach's instructions and am maintaining my weight. I haven't had any cravings. I guess my pancreas is working like its supposed to!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaHen View Post

So I went to the purse party and I had a bit of an NSV. They had juices, better than sex cake and some kind of oatmeal peanut butter cake. I didn't even look at it. And when the host offered it around I just said "no thanks." I had a cup of black coffee and then pulled my water bottle from my purse. I did buy myself a new purse and it was nice to socialize for a bit.
Yay!!!! You have learned one of the most important lessons of IP. Social gatherings are about spending time with friends and family and not about the food!!!! In my time on phase 1, I hosted parties, went to parties, ate out with friends because I knew that the food and drinks weren't what they were about.

Quote:
Thank you both SO much for your kind words. To say this past year has been challenging health wise in my family would be an understatement, but I held on and still continued to lose weight. However this coming week some of those health concerns are going to be dealt with, and my resources are just about tapped out which has caused me to lose focus on my diet. Hopefully my family will finally get some good news and I can relax once again and just focus on me. At times like this I find maintaining is just as important as losing.
Hang in there Dana! You and your family are in my prayers. You are so right about maintaining through time of stress being important.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewPath View Post
Delgen, I am so glad that I have inspired YOU! I will need you in a few weeks when I finally make it to P3. I am excited and nervous at the same time! I am so very carb sensitive, I do worry that I am going to be hungry and get those awful cravings back! I guess I have to have faith in my pancreas. I did go through some of the maintenance threads...wow, it sounds so very confusing. I know that my clinic offers a workshop on maintenance, but not one for phase 3.
NewPath, I'm no expert on maintenance by any means, but so far I haven't had any cravings. As I said earlier, I avoid refined sugars and processed foods. I bake my own 100% whole wheat bread in my bread machine and have some everyday. My clinic is managed by registered dietitians, and when a client reaches phase 3, he or she meets with a dietician weekly. When I got to phase four, my dietician determined that I could have 1600 calories a day, and she gave me a food exchange list. I get 6 servings of grains, 6 protein, 6 veggies, 2 dairy, and 2 fruit per day. That makes it easy for me to keep track of what I'm eating. Portion control is key.
Old 10-07-2012, 08:28 AM   #49  
Started IP 4/13/2012

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Julie,
Congratulations on the 60 pound weight loss! I have watched your progress with great interest since we started this program at the same time. My home scale says 60 pounds gone, but my official WI last week had me down 58 pounds. Not complaining! As Meadow says, you're 60 pounds down on somescale, the rest will catch up, lol.
Anyway, good luck with the new phases. I know you'll rock them like you did the first phase. I expect you to use your awesome educator skills to teach the rest of us how to navigate through phases 2-4. Best wishes!
Old 10-07-2012, 09:46 AM   #50  

Height: magmeepEVE

Quote:
Dana I so hope things go well this week and you get some relief. Thinking about you!

Quote:
Going well. I am 2 weeks into phase 4. and keeping very close track on fatsecret.com. My coach told me I could maintain at around 1500 cal a day, but I am keeping it between 1000 and 1300. I also tend to stay away from carbs except breakfast. I have had one fun day...but the next day was anything but fun. So I have not done another Fun Day.

I think I end up eating more like phase 3, avoiding the carbs, since I think that is how I gained weight to begin with. I get cravings when I eat too many carbs.

Thanks for asking!
Thanks for sharing this, Delgen! I was wondering how it goes with adding in more carbs, even the good ones, like fruit and whole grains/beans. That kind of scares me to be honest, as when I reach maintenance, being a Vegetarian, means that I'll be eating more complex carbs.

Congrats on doing so well!
Old 10-07-2012, 09:50 AM   #51  

Weighed in this morning, and a good one! Down 5.2 pounds. I dreamed last night that I lost 10 pounds, but I'll take that 5.2.

Question on BM's. I've always been regular, no issues at all. And for the first two months of IP, I've been fine (doing the plan 100%, taking all the supplements, etc.), but in the last week or so, my BM's aren't as regular. Instead of every day, they are like every other day. This has me worried. Should I be? I bought some magnesium and some smooth tea yesterday just in case. Advice? Thanks!
Old 10-07-2012, 10:35 AM   #52  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SewingMomma View Post
NewPath, I'm no expert on maintenance by any means, but so far I haven't had any cravings. As I said earlier, I avoid refined sugars and processed foods. I bake my own 100% whole wheat bread in my bread machine and have some everyday. My clinic is managed by registered dietitians, and when a client reaches phase 3, he or she meets with a dietician weekly. When I got to phase four, my dietician determined that I could have 1600 calories a day, and she gave me a food exchange list. I get 6 servings of grains, 6 protein, 6 veggies, 2 dairy, and 2 fruit per day. That makes it easy for me to keep track of what I'm eating. Portion control is key.
You are doing so well and am proud of you making it into maintenance and finding a good solid program to use for that.

You mention making 100% whole wheat bread in your bread machine. Oh, please share the recipe. I am finding few on the shelf bread machine mixes. DH prefers the bread I make him, and I hope to eat it again in maintenance. A recipe like yours would be perfect.

You are so fortunate to have a fabulous clinic to go to. I quit mine after three months because there was no support even for Phase 1. They just had the $$$ in their eyes over their patients buying the food and supplements. They tracked that you bought at least three boxes a week. Anyway, I may try to use your guidelines when I make the maintenance point.

Keep it up and please stay around to support those of us that are further behind you in this weight loss journey.

Molly
Old 10-07-2012, 11:04 AM   #53  

Quote:

That is great, SewingMomma! I love to hear that you are eating the bread! I used to make the same thing for myself and I loved it, and so hope I can get back to eating it when I'm on maintenance. I'm afraid I may start craving carbs, but I won't eat refined sugars, processed foods either. Thank you!

Last edited by Starshine; 10-07-2012 at 11:05 AM.
Old 10-07-2012, 11:23 AM   #54  

S/C/G: 168/138/130

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Quote:
Way to go! I've got one week of maintenance under my belt. I'm eating a phase 4 diet but haven't had a fun day. All of my carbs are coming from unprocessed, unrefined foods. No white flour or white sugar for this girl! I'm eating 1600 calories a day as per my coach's instructions and am maintaining my weight. I haven't had any cravings. I guess my pancreas is working like its supposed to!
I too eat all complex carbs...mostly at breakfast. Whole grains and fruits. But I have had no cravings at all. I was really REALLY worried about that. I am a recovering alcoholic, and the rule is....never have another drink. Well, you just can't do that with food....can't stay on phase 1 forever, right?

But, happy dance day (so far) No cravings.
Lets stick together girls. We are in the same place together!
Old 10-07-2012, 11:38 AM   #55  

Quote:
I too eat all complex carbs...mostly at breakfast. Whole grains and fruits. But I have had no cravings at all. I was really REALLY worried about that. I am a recovering alcoholic, and the rule is....never have another drink. Well, you just can't do that with food....can't stay on phase 1 forever, right?

But, happy dance day (so far) No cravings.
Lets stick together girls. We are in the same place together!
That's fantastic to hear! I am excited that I can start eating some whole grains again with no cravings. Thanks, Delgen!
Old 10-07-2012, 01:01 PM   #56  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Good morning, I put together my 3 week Wii weigh in together in one picture...its amazing!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wii.jpg (13.6 KB, 47 views)
Old 10-07-2012, 01:35 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 209/136/140 R:224.8/200/145

Height: 5' 5

For the IPer's who are starting maintenance/PH 4

I want to say a quick hi before I head over to the nsg home to see my mom. I hope to access the boards more frequently now and am eager to see how you guys are doing. I see I'm not alone in fearing the addition of carbs to my food plan. I'm not there yet...I decided to change my goal as I still have a lot of belly fat, but I'm nervous about when I go into the next phase. It's good to see some familiar names! Have a great day everyone!
Old 10-07-2012, 01:44 PM   #58  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starshine72 View Post
Weighed in this morning, and a good one! Down 5.2 pounds. I dreamed last night that I lost 10 pounds, but I'll take that 5.2.

Question on BM's. I've always been regular, no issues at all. And for the first two months of IP, I've been fine (doing the plan 100%, taking all the supplements, etc.), but in the last week or so, my BM's aren't as regular. Instead of every day, they are like every other day. This has me worried. Should I be? I bought some magnesium and some smooth tea yesterday just in case. Advice? Thanks!
5.2 lbs is awsome...congratulations!
I've struggled with this since day 1, now at 16 wks, it is still an issue. There's a whole message board within the IP section devoted to this. My goal was to avoid the use of anything harsh like Ducolax, but the novilax really didn't work that well. So I was using the Ducolax 2x/wk (and only have 2 BM's a week) for much of the time thus far. I would make sure you're taking in plenty of water, and try the mildest stimulant first (like smooth move). I talked with our clinic doc, and he asked that I try 1 Novilax each night for a week to see what happens. I told him I would. Will keep you posted.
Old 10-07-2012, 01:53 PM   #59  

Quote:
Originally Posted by cscape View Post
5.2 lbs is awsome...congratulations!
I've struggled with this since day 1, now at 16 wks, it is still an issue. There's a whole message board within the IP section devoted to this. My goal was to avoid the use of anything harsh like Ducolax, but the novilax really didn't work that well. So I was using the Ducolax 2x/wk (and only have 2 BM's a week) for much of the time thus far. I would make sure you're taking in plenty of water, and try the mildest stimulant first (like smooth move). I talked with our clinic doc, and he asked that I try 1 Novilax each night for a week to see what happens. I told him I would. Will keep you posted.
Thanks, cscape! I did read when I started the threads about the Big C, so I was prepared for this, if it should happen. I'm not sure it's really it or not, at this point, as it's still every other day, and no pain or anything, but I do want to stem this from getting any further ahead.

I am drinking at least 110 ounces of water a day, so I think I'm okay on that front. I'll try using the Smooth Move Tea, and see what happens. I'm also going to see if I can up the fiber some. I'm a Vegetarian, and many of my proteins have fiber, so I'm sure I'm getting some already, but I will up the amount some I think.

Do keep us updated on how it goes with the nightly Novilax. Thanks again!
Old 10-07-2012, 01:54 PM   #60  

Quote:
Hello friends! I am back to catch up with you all today! Since the beginning of school, things have been crazy. I have decided to embrace crazy as my new norm!
I had another great week on IP. This week I lost another 2.8 lbs....bringing me to 60lbs....YAHOOO!! On April 15th, I weighed 196.6, today I weigh 136.0! Terri Pelagatti Renwick you were the very person who told me last April, that I could most definitely lose 60 lbs in six months....I did not believe you, but promised I would give it my all. THANK YOU, Terri!
This week was my first week on Phase 2. Now that I am well within the normal range for fat, the weight loss has slowed. I am surprised that my body responded to Phase 2 with a more rapid loss. Somedays I actually had my chicken soup WITH my lunchtime protein. My goal is to stay on P2 until I hit 131. My goal is 134, but that will give me my 3 lb buffer for the expected 3 lb weight gain in P3. I am over the moon happy, healthy and just so very excited. I am so thankful to all of you who have been there every step of the way. This journey will never end, but I am loving it!!! I wish everyone a sparkling day! For those of you who are newish...stay with the program.....I never really could believe that I could be thin again...it happens faster than you know. (Terri, you told me this!) For those of you at or near maintenance, please stay with us. We all need your guidance and support! Love and sparkles to you all!!!
NewPath, congrats on reaching goal and starting Ph2! You share my sentiments exactly..eveyone here has been so very helpful in this amazing journey. I never, ever believed it was possible, at my age to lose 59 lbs so quickly and without exercising. Like you, I neverthought this would be within my grasp. It is everyone's stories here that gave me hope, and will carry me when I enter the next phase.
Closed Thread