Old 10-05-2012, 06:22 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Default IP Daily Chat 10/05/2012

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19

Last edited by rissimo; 10-05-2012 at 06:22 AM.
rissimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 06:49 AM   #2  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Another early morning working from home. But TGIF!!!!!

Hoping DH can get one of the Corvairs ready to be able to be in the opening parade tomorrow for the Georgia National Fair. It will be so fun to be in a parade like that. Keep your fingers crossed. He's run into every Murphy's Law event he could finishing some repairs. Now to get it started and test drive it and then clean it up. It's been sitting since December, outside. Cars actually get mildew on them here in the deep south.

Everyone have an OP day.

Molly
WingnutandMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:05 AM   #3  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

I hate playing the waiting game

MIL spent the night at the hospital last night, we're still waiting to hear if there are any test results ready and what the game plan is. She hadn't been feeling good for a few weeks, then tuesday was pretty jaundiced. She got some bloodwork done at the doc's office, and last night they called and said her liver enzymes were pretty high and she needed to go to the hospital last night for a scan. They did a CT scan with contrast, and admitted her for the night. I'm at her house today (I care for her dad who has Alzheimer's one day a week), trying not to worry too much!
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:33 AM   #4  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post

MIL spent the night at the hospital last night, we're still waiting to hear if there are any test results ready and what the game plan is. She hadn't been feeling good for a few weeks, then tuesday was pretty jaundiced. She got some bloodwork done at the doc's office, and last night they called and said her liver enzymes were pretty high and she needed to go to the hospital last night for a scan. They did a CT scan with contrast, and admitted her for the night. I'm at her house today (I care for her dad who has Alzheimer's one day a week), trying not to worry too much!
So sorry about your MIL Scorbett. I hope everything will be ok.
ragdoll74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:48 AM   #5  

Quote:

So sorry to hear that, prayers for her and your family.
rcrochet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:17 AM   #6  

I'm excited. Today is my first weigh in. Cautiously optimistic!

Also, I'm a fairly new realtor, and changed brokers too. Today, just might be my first sale with my new company. Again! Cautiously optimistic! Lol

Also, Happy Thanksgiving to my fellow Canadians. I have so much to be thankful for! Have a wonderful weekend.
Mary Contrary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:25 AM   #7  
IP rebooting

S/C/G: 276/ticker/150

Height: 5'5

Quote:

Sorry to hear about your mother in law- thoughts are you with you all!

Had my week 5 weigh-in and lost another 2.5 lbs and 2.5 inches. Though this has been my lowest loss yet I am due for my TOM soon so I am guessing it is because of that. My husband is headed out for the a few days so I have to take care of the farm and the cows - here's hoping nothing goes wrong. Oh and I bought jicama last night and am going to try it for the first time today. What are your favorite ways to have it?
Have a great friday everyone!
blessedamberly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:35 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 150/134/115

Height: 5'1

Quote:

I am praying both for her and peace for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Contrary View Post

Also, I'm a fairly new realtor, and changed brokers too. Today, just might be my first sale with my new company. Again! Cautiously optimistic! Lol

Also, Happy Thanksgiving to my fellow Canadians. I have so much to be thankful for! Have a wonderful weekend.
Good Luck to both!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedamberly View Post

Had my week 5 weigh-in and lost another 2.5 lbs and 2.5 inches. Though this has been my lowest loss yet I am due for my TOM soon so I am guessing it is because of that. My husband is headed out for the a few days so I have to take care of the farm and the cows - here's hoping nothing goes wrong. Oh and I bought jicama last night and am going to try it for the first time today. What are your favorite ways to have it?
That is a great loss for TOM!! You'll have to let me know how you like the JiCama...I am still not brave enough to try

This week is week 4 for me and it has been so much easier. I guess it is just becoming routine now. This weekend we are going to Jasper with my MIL for Canadian Thanksgiving. I am a little nervous that I will be tempted because my two favorite resturants are there....but I am trying to remind myself how awesome I will feel at weigh in to know I made it through Thanksgiving without cheating! Yesterday I put on a size 12 (a large 12) jeans and they fit perfect. When I started I was a 14/16...so even being a 12/14 in 3 weeks feels great! Thanks to all of you for your support and tips!
CortneyMarie622 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:48 AM   #9  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Quote:
Oh and I bought jicama last night and am going to try it for the first time today. What are your favorite ways to have it?
I love Rainbow's recipes. Look in her cookbook, https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BwW...URKU1JkMkdIMFk, on page 255 is a great sweet treat. Plus, starting on 176 she's got three other recipes that incorporate jicama.

Enjoy, Molly
WingnutandMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:48 AM   #10  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post

Hoping DH can get one of the Corvairs ready to be able to be in the opening parade tomorrow for the Georgia National Fair. It will be so fun to be in a parade like that. Keep your fingers crossed. He's run into every Murphy's Law event he could finishing some repairs. Now to get it started and test drive it and then clean it up. It's been sitting since December, outside. Cars actually get mildew on them here in the deep south.

Everyone have an OP day.

Molly
sure hope you get to ride in your parade molly!!!

Quote:

oh beautiful one...i'm so sorry to hear about your situation, praying for you....stay strong!!
rainbowsmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:51 AM   #11  
malexaschacha

S/C/G: 191/177.0/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi All! I'm sitting here this morning feeling sorry for myself because I had my 6wk WI yesterday and GAINED a pound! I'm a nurse and work 12 hour shifts at night. I'm just wondering if anyone out there that works at night finds that they retain water or have a weight loss stall when they work at night. Also, I'm curious about artificial sweeteners and diet soda...why is diet soda restricted on IP but MIO is not? Are all artificial sweeteners not created equal? Thanks!
malexaschacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:53 AM   #12  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:

Good luck!!

Quote:
Great WI! Where else can you say you lost 2 pounds in a WEEK?
I love jicama - I usually just dice it up as a snack and sprinkle it with cinnamon & splenda. Rainbow posted a recipe for jicama where she fried it in the pan with cinnamon so it was crispy and sweet. They also make a good substitute for water chestnuts and bamboo shoots in stir fry!
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:08 AM   #13  
Keeping it real!

S/C/G: 40/31/30 waist inches!

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by malexaschacha View Post
Hi All! I'm sitting here this morning feeling sorry for myself because I had my 6wk WI yesterday and GAINED a pound! I'm a nurse and work 12 hour shifts at night. I'm just wondering if anyone out there that works at night finds that they retain water or have a weight loss stall when they work at night. Also, I'm curious about artificial sweeteners and diet soda...why is diet soda restricted on IP but MIO is not? Are all artificial sweeteners not created equal? Thanks!
It was most likely the diet soda - artificial sweetners (mainly the ones you find in diet soda) actually fake the body into producing some insulin and besides that really change the acidity level in your body. MIO is a very small dose and I beleive is splenda correct? Also, if your liquids are carbonated, they don't flush and cleanse like regular water. We can have splenda and stevia - one more but I can't think of the name. But even so, I would recommend limiting them - it fakes our brain and body and our taste buds actually crave more sweet, the more it gets. Kind of like acquiring a taste for salt after eating a lot of it.
healthyangie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:10 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 151/133/120

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning everyone. Doing the happy dance for Friday. I just made the muffins with the crepe and oatmeal packets. I just ate one and will save the other one I can have today for later this morning. They were pretty good. I think the problem I have with most things is the texture and the artificial sweetners which I have never liked, but for the most part they were tasty.

Hope everyone has a great and successful 100% IP Day!

Kim
bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:16 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 235/186/150

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:

Thinking good thoughts again for you and your family today. I know how tough of a time this can be. You are doing great and keep it up...don't forget to take care of yourself while you are taking care of everyone else. You are worth it!!!

Quote:

Happy Thanksgiving to you too. Good luck today at the WI and with the sale. I hope the scale is down the sale is up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post

Everyone have an OP day.

Molly

Molly...I had to laugh at your comment about the mildew on cars...I woke up to snow here this morning!!! My step daughters boyfriend is from Georgia, he moved out here in May...he was complaining about it being cold about a month or so ago when our temps dropped into the 60's at night...Bet he was freezing this morning...it is currently 28 at my house. Hope you get to do the parade...that sounds fun. I have never been to Georgia before (other than the Atlanta airport on a layover) but would love to come out there...I breed chickens and there are a lot of great chicken farms/breeders in Georgia. Many in my flock have come come from there either as shipped eggs that I hatched or chicks I had flown in from there. I can only imagine the poultry shows at your state fair!!! I believe I once read that Georgia was the chicken capital of the world.

So to for me, I am staying home...probably in my pj's all day. I have been on the go all week since my dad fell off the ladder on Sunday. Yesterday was hellish and everything that could go wrong went wrong. But we are over it and on with a new day. My folks are staying home and in the house today and so I get a break too! I think after all the late nights with little to no sleep having a lazy day at home will be quite nice. So I am thinking I will read through Rainbows cook book, catch up on some tv, and just stay warm! Might put something in the crock pot...it is just that kinda day. Stepped on my scale at home this morning and was happy to see that I was down to 215.4!!! Smiles all around here...my DH was down about 2 more pounds this morning too.

Wishing everyone a happy, healthy and fun FRIDAY...that is 100% OP!!!
MommaHen is offline   Reply With Quote