Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2012, 03:22 PM   #46  
Started IP 06.12.12

S/C/G: 199.4/163.8/140

Height: 5'4"

I just got in the Da Vinci s/f pumpkin pie syrup and I love it! It's made with splenda. I put a little in some black coffee in the morning and makes it taste delish!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngieBaby41 View Post
Thoughts?
Opinions?
Pros?
Cons?
Old 10-01-2012, 03:31 PM   #47  
Started IP 9/25

S/C/G: 190/173.2/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetsyAnn View Post
Whoooot!!! Doin' a happy dance here!!! Day 3 of IP, slight headache, but nothing out of hand by any means! My best success of the day is I made it thru my first day of work on plan and it was a breeze! I manage a school kitchen so i am around food all.day.long. I DID IT!!!!!!
That is awesome!! Great willpower!
Old 10-01-2012, 03:39 PM   #48  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsCW
trying to keep positive, but pretty weepy today.
(((MrsCW))) i just thought you needed a hug!
Hope your day gets better and good luck at your appt.
Old 10-01-2012, 03:42 PM   #49  
IP Start 9/5/12

S/C/G: 195/167/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
NSV = Non-scale victory

As in, you getting through the busy weekend and staying on plan is a big NSV!!
Ahh...Thank you for clearing that up for me!!
Old 10-01-2012, 03:58 PM   #50  
IP rebooting

S/C/G: 276/ticker/150

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beck81 View Post
Hi everyone. I had my sons wedding this past weekend and it turned out great! The weather was beautiful, the wedding was beautiful with fall colors, my younger son gave an awesome bestman speech, and Bucky Badger came to the wedding dance! I received TONS of compliments and felt great in my skinnier body in a dress I loved. I stilled stayed OP except for one bite of my husbands wedding cake. First cheat in 5 months so I thought I deserved it.

I had my weigh i today and was down 4.4 lbs! I had a couple slow weeks the last two, -.6 and -.2 so I was very happy. I am only 5 lbs away from my original goal but I am going to lower that.

I love IP and this forum!
Awesome weigh-in and YAY for Bucky! Love Wisconsin!
Old 10-01-2012, 04:00 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 275/ticker/195

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetsyAnn View Post
Whoooot!!! Doin' a happy dance here!!! Day 3 of IP, slight headache, but nothing out of hand by any means! My best success of the day is I made it thru my first day of work on plan and it was a breeze! I manage a school kitchen so i am around food all.day.long. I DID IT!!!!!!
Way to go Betsy Ann
Old 10-01-2012, 05:07 PM   #52  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Thoughts?
Opinions?
Pros?
Cons?
I've tried both, they're about the same to me. I've found more of the DaVinci sugar free syrups at my local markets and they carry the smaller ones for $2.50, so I generally get those. My nutrition store carries the Torani but only in the big bottles so I haven't sprung for too many of those.
Old 10-01-2012, 05:08 PM   #53  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthardygurl View Post
Good Morning All...

So... i am supposed to be week 1 into the diet post-vacation and there is a really high chance that i could be pregnant right now, so until we get that confirmed by a preggo test..i have been advised to stop the diet and wait. I also apparently have to start weening my body off of every other pill thats already in my system..

Since ive been on vacation i was getting strange symptoms like nausea when walking into and smelling a bakery (which is not normal cause i love bread) and waves of nausea throughout the day that seemed to get better if i sucked on peppermints..that and fatigue and tiredness and bloating and crampy like feelings and sore boobies...

So i am anxiously waiting to test..Keep in mind..this was not a planned thing... I was not hoping to get pregnant until i had lost several more pounds..However...should we have another on the way.. i will take each blessing that comes.

So diet is on hold for now..thank goodness i wasnt in ketosis yet..cause that would suck to have to go through all that hard work only to have to try and get back into it again.
Well it sounds like you will have good news no matter what the outcome, just take it easy and know that whatever comes next, you got this
Old 10-01-2012, 05:21 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 299.8/282.3/160

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
I've tried both, they're about the same to me. I've found more of the DaVinci sugar free syrups at my local markets and they carry the smaller ones for $2.50, so I generally get those. My nutrition store carries the Torani but only in the big bottles so I haven't sprung for too many of those.
That was my other question ... where do you guys get them? I haven't seen them in the grocery stores here, unless I'm not looking in the right place. Would Trader Joe's or Whole Foods have it? I haven't checked either of them. And I like the idea of the smaller bottles because I don't have the storage space ... and I don't really want my kitchen looking like a coffee bar! LOL
Old 10-01-2012, 05:26 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 145/124.8/120

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
That was my other question ... where do you guys get them? I haven't seen them in the grocery stores here, unless I'm not looking in the right place. Would Trader Joe's or Whole Foods have it? I haven't checked either of them. And I like the idea of the smaller bottles because I don't have the storage space ... and I don't really want my kitchen looking like a coffee bar! LOL
Cost Plus World Market has a great selection of Torani and good sales for members (which is free).
Old 10-01-2012, 06:53 PM   #56  
started IP 7/17/2012

S/C/G: 200.5/167/150

Quote:
I have used Davinci caramel and hazelnut and like both. I found small bottles at Walmart, near the coffee. Also, large bottles at Sam's for $5, I think, which seems like a good deal.
Old 10-01-2012, 07:38 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 301/Ticker/175

Height: 5' 7"

Default Fav Kale Chips recipe - if you like 'em really crispy

Quote:
Originally Posted by guttergirl9 View Post
another 4lbs and 4 1/2in gone!!!!I'm hoping that next week for my 10 week weigh-in that I'll hit 50lbs lost mark.
So I made kale chips in my dehydrator yesterday. Wasn't impressed. I can't describe eating it. It almost seems to disenagrate in my mouth like cotton candy, only it's crunchy. Is that normal????
I also wanted to try a recipe that I think Wuv listed once. Peel a zucchini and then slice it. Microwave it w/ cin/splenda and it tastes like baked apples. Two questions if anyone knows the answers
1. How long do I microwave/bake them
2. Does it leave "juice" in the bowl when cooking?

Thanks everyone!!!!
Hi there --

Kale Chips
Particularly helpful if you’re missing crispy, crunchy chips!

1 bunch kale (green is best because you can tell when it’s browned). Note 1 bunch is approx 2 cups by my estimation

2 tsp olive oil (preferably spray)

Fine Sea Salt to taste

Garlic powder, SPIKE seasoning, or other seasonings – get creative

Preheat oven to 350 (convection), or 375 (regular). Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. If you’re not using oil spray, you need to rinse and rub the kale with oil while it’s still in a bunch. Otherwise, tear chip-sized chunks of the kale leaves from the tough stems and place on the cookie sheet in an even layer. It’s okay to crowed them because they cook way down, but try not to layer them. Spray lightly with olive oil spray, season with LIGHT amount of salt, and seasonings per your preference.

Bake for roughly 8-15 minutes (depending on your oven). They’re done when they’re totally crispy, no limp pieces, and slightly brown. Watch them so they don’t get too over-cooked. Serve immediately. Anticipate that anyone who tries a bite will want half, so make plenty.
Old 10-01-2012, 07:45 PM   #58  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tlee View Post
Sorry to hear about your dad. I hope all goes well.

It is my first day on IP. I just finished my banana pudding and it wasn't bad at all. I would just like to get through the first three days....I'm trying to decide which packet I will eat at lunch and what veggies I will have (working from home today so i didn't plan). I'm going to down my water today to hopefully help me feel a bit fuller. I'm also going to back off of my step classes for the next few weeks. I will still do some step classes but not the 4 to 5 I've been used to. I am nervous about this coming weekend as it is Canadian Thanksgiving and we will be at the family cottage for 2 days. I've already mentally prepared myself for the fact that I will not be having pumpkin pie. Maybe I'll have a vanilla pudding with cinnamon and nutmeg? Anyways....any tips would be appreciated.
Hi Tlee -
One of my new favorite ways to get my veggies is to make rhubarb compote and season with pumkin pie spice. It's VERY festive tasting - almost felt wrong to eat it during the summer since it felt so very, very holiday-like. Some relatives (including children) were at my house the last time I made this and everyone wanted to try it. I (begrudgingly, tho I tried to hide it ) shared the 4-5 days worth of compote I'd made with all of them. <sigh>

The neat thing was that after they ate some, they asked me to bring THAT to a dinner gathering we were having the next week. Yes - an approved IP Veggie dish was specially requested for a family dinner dessert item. Go figure. It's that good!

Here's the recipe:

Rhubarb Compote: 2 servings

2 cups frozen rhubarb (I buy mine in the frozen fruit section of Whole Foods)

¼-1/3 cup water

1-2 dashes of sea-salt (optional, but deepens flavor)

20 drops NuNaturals Stevia

Enough splenda to finish sweetening to taste (liquid is better, less carbs than powder)

Cinnamon or Pumpkin Pie Spice (optional, but both enrich flavor a lot)

Place all ingredients into a sauce pan and cook over medium-hi heat until rhubarb disintegrates into a compote. Cool and serve warm or cold. You cold technically eat all if it for your 2 cup, but its so rich, I usually only eat about half, and focus on other veggies for the remainder of my quota for the day.
Old 10-01-2012, 07:51 PM   #59  

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneofThreeGirls View Post
I have my first WI today at noon! I'm so excited to see how much I have lost! I started IP on 9/25.

On the down side, I woke up this morning with the beginning of gout in my big toe. I've only had this one other time and I thought it was a fluke because of long weekend of too much wine and a 12 hour car ride. Looks like I'll be giving up the broccoli. I'm really surprised with the amount of water that I have been drinking that I would still get gout this early in the game! Am I doomed for the rest of my weightloss journey?

Jodi
Hi Jodi -
I had high uric acid when I started, and most recent tests showed it has dropped into the low normal range. Mike Ciel (Ideal Protein Chief Medical guy) said many people who had problems with gout improve on IP because uric acid stems mostly from animal protein, and we're eating *mainly* dairy/vegetable protein on this. He said he's had people actually swtich to eating IP to lower their uric acid and reduce likelihood of gout flares. My husband has had gout, but I just got him switched over to IP food for snacks and some meals to try and reduce his risk. So far so good. So I think you may be pleasantly suprised. Maybe a good idea to get blood tests so you can see before & after levels.

Best,
Sherene
Old 10-01-2012, 07:53 PM   #60  

Quote:
Our grocery stores carry a WF Caramel Syrup and a WF Caramel Dip ... any opinions one way or the other on either of them? I've tried the syrup. It's okay. Guess I'm really more curious if anyone's used the dip and if it's any different/better?

Hi Angie -
Imho, the dip tastes very similar, but is just thicker. I like the dip to mix as a swirl into puddings, and to flavor a blended, iced cappucino. Mmmmmmm. Syrup is a little too whimpy for those things.

Sherene
Closed Thread