Old 09-30-2012, 09:59 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 331.6/312/165

Height: 5'10''

Good luck everyone!! I am on week 3 almost 4 and I love it!! I love this diet and I love the people on this board! You made a great choice in joining the IP family!
Readytobeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:23 AM   #17  

Are journals and blogs the same thing? How do you find someone's journal or blog? I see lots of posters that I'd like to see more of, but don't know how to find them.
Mary Contrary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:46 AM   #18  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

usually we put them in our signature that is where most of them can be found...I think when she mentioned journaling she was talking about writing your food down. There is a thread started Daily "what are you eating" I think its called. But also keeping a journal like she said of your struggles, victories on the scale or just little things you notice happening while you are losing your weight. Write it all down so that you can go back later and read it so you will see how far you have come in your destiny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Contrary View Post
Are journals and blogs the same thing? How do you find someone's journal or blog? I see lots of posters that I'd like to see more of, but don't know how to find them.

Last edited by wuv2bloved; 10-01-2012 at 10:52 AM.
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:02 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 275/ticker/195

Height: 5'10"

Welcome you guys! I am new too, and also have been lurking awhile...I am on day 4 and am very excited to finally be on my way. Only thing with me is that TOM showed up the day before I started IP, so I don't know how my week 1 will show up on the scale! I am not worried though. I feel better already
dawn again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:04 AM   #20  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawn again View Post
Welcome you guys! I am new too, and also have been lurking awhile...I am on day 4 and am very excited to finally be on my way. Only thing with me is that TOM showed up the day before I started IP, so I don't know how my week 1 will show up on the scale! I am not worried though. I feel better already
Just a little forwarning.....your TOM will be different than normal and maybe more fequent ...just giving you a heads up with it
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:23 AM   #21  

I am a former IP user and have just started again. One suggestion is to complete ALL the phases of the program. The "clinic" I was going to did not encourage this and I have gained because of it. I am now with a different clinic and motivated to complete the ENTIRE protocol and become the me I was 2 years ago. I will tell you that it took time to gain it, unlike the other programs I have been on. There is nothing more frustrating that losing 30 pounds to just gain it back and then some in no time flat.
IP has been THE best lifestyle I have come across and I am so glad to be back!

Last edited by maspina2; 10-01-2012 at 11:23 AM.
maspina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:27 AM   #22  
Keeping it real!

S/C/G: 40/31/30 waist inches!

Height: 5' 4"

Good luck Mary - yes the first week is a little tough but just wait till you hit the 2nd week and get this amazing burst of energy!! That's worth the first week struggles! Congratulations on your decision! It's a good one ..
healthyangie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:33 AM   #23  
Low Carb

S/C/G: 225/ ticker /135

Height: 5' 2"

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetsyAnn View Post
I will be following the IP plan using alternatives. Ive been a member of 3FC for years and have lurked on the IP forum for a long time now. All of you losers are so motivating! I need to shed 125 lbs. I don't know how I ever let myself blimp up like this...but it is disgusting and embarrassing and it is not the "me" I used to know! Time to get rid of it so the real me shows on the surface!

BETSYANN ! YOU can do this you are NO LONGER ALONE . If we can do this SO CAN YOU

GO BETSY... GO BETSY... GO BETSY !

I started IP on July 6th @ 225lbs I was JUST DONE with feeling like a loser but not in a good way. I'm only 5'2" I'm NOT suppose to weigh 225 lbs. I've switched to alternatives because of the cost. I love the way IP taste but my budget was suffering...... 1 day @ a time & don't get overwhelmed. 1spunkygal

Last edited by 1spunkygal; 10-01-2012 at 11:42 AM.
1spunkygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:11 PM   #24  

Betsy Ann! I just started today! I have never said this before but I am EXCITED about this eating plan! I already had my first shake and I love it and it kept me full for a long time. I plan on losing 115-120 depending on how I feel once i get to my goal weight. I just feel so motivated and these people on the IP site are so wonderful! I am so in awe of their achievements & hope that one day I can motivate others like they have motivated me to start this program. Keep in touch! I would love a buddy who has the same goals, amts to lose and who also just started!
maezy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:22 PM   #25  
Low Carb

S/C/G: 225/ ticker /135

Height: 5' 2"

Welcome maezy1 Congrats on your choice to join the loser's (in a good way)
1spunkygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:24 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 275/ticker/195

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthyangie View Post
Good luck Mary - yes the first week is a little tough but just wait till you hit the 2nd week and get this amazing burst of energy!! That's worth the first week struggles! Congratulations on your decision! It's a good one ..
I am glad you said the 2nd week Angie! I have been waiting on my burst of energy! LOL
dawn again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 03:15 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 271/271/175

Height: 5'6" restart 11/6/17

Day 3...You all are sooo right! NONE of us are alone! I made it thru my first day of work on plan! With proper planning, I can do this! I guess I havent told you all that I manage a school kitchen...but I did it and it was actually a breeze!
Maezy and spunkygal, I think we have made a great choice with IP!!!
BetsyAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 03:49 PM   #28  

I am on day three also. Like some one else said, I feel better already. Ie, less bloated but man, the sugar withdrawal is rough. Had a lazy Sunday yesterday, took some Advil to combat a bad headache. I've done lowcarb before, and fought this fight a few years ago, so I was prepared.
Thanks wuv for the journal comment, yes I'm writing it all down. I thought she meant an online journal. Another diet forum I'm on has them and I miss those.
Old 10-01-2012, 03:51 PM   #29  

Another thing I was going to comment on is the food. Lol after talking to ladies here at home, and reading online comments, I was surprised by how much I like the food. Ie, I just had a blueberry yogurt drink with my lunch and it was pretty good! I'm surprised. Thought from what I heard, that everything would taste like chalk...lol.
Old 10-03-2012, 08:47 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 206.4/146.8/130

Height: 5'1"

Hey BetsyAnn! I started "IPA" 9 days ago and this is my first posting on 3FC and so happy to find a place to find the answers, maybe vent a little and also to share successes and failures (which I'm sure there won't be many of!). The reason why I'm using an alternative to IP is because there are no IP distributors in my city. I'm trying to change that and hopefully will find someone to take it on in the near future.

I'm finding meat and salads to be getting boring after 9 days and also, breakfast is a hard meal for me to get past. I'm used to eating cereal for breakfast (probably the reason why I'm constantly on a diet) so having an egg or egg substitute or turkey bacon is not really doing it for me.

Does anyone have ideas how I can spice things up a little so I don't get bored with my food?

I lost 5.6 lb in the first week so I'm absolutely thrilled with the results so far.

Best of luck to you all and I'll certainly be checking back and try to stay active!
Minch is offline   Reply With Quote