Cauliflower Pancakes!

You're on Page 7 of 7
Go to
  • Adding another recipe to my fav cauliflower recipe

Cauliflower tortillas!

Serves: 2-3
    Time: 30 minutes
    Ingredients:
    • 1 medium head of cauliflower (all the flowerets)
    • 3 eggs OR 4 egg whites
    • ^ yup, that’s it!
    Instructions:
    1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
    2. Use a food processor, blender, or hand grater to grate the cauliflower into a crumb-like texture
    3. Microwave the cauliflower for 5 minutes, stirring a little halfway through
    4. [If you don’t want to use a microwave for Step 3] Move the grated cauliflower to a pan and add 1/4 cup of water. Cover the pan and steam over medium-high heat for about 8-10 minutes. Just make sure to stir half-way through to avoid the cauliflower from burning. Keep in mind that you will have a bit more water to squeeze out.
    5. Place the now-cooked cauliflower in a kitchen towel, that is on top of a seive, on a bowl (wow, that was confusing.. look at the pictures below). Make sure to drain as much exces water as possible.. there is surprisingly A LOT of water in cauliflower
    6. Mix the drained cauliflower and eggs until smooth
    7. Place the mixture on a baking sheet into circles at about 1/4” thick.
    8. Bake for 10 minutes. Flip. Bake for another 5-7 minutes. This is important to dry out the tortilla
    9. Move the tortillas to cooling rack to cool, so the bottom does not become soggy
  • Bumping this thread
    Lots of talk about Cauli tortillas on the daily chat.
    Thought people would appreciate the other recipes in this thread
  • Quote: This is most likely on this forum somewhere but worth a post!
    Made these yesterday morning....AWESOME! Very "custardy" and french toast-like in flavor yet look like a pancake and you can flip them like a pancake!

Take your raw cauliflower and chop it into "rice"...I use food processor and it comes out very fine grained.

In a bowl: beat 1 whole egg, 1 egg white, 1/2 tsp vanilla, 1 tsp splenda, and cinnamon to taste.

Now take a tablespoon heaped with cauliflower and add it in. Mix. repeat till you have added 4 tbsp. Mixture should look like batter. If still looks thin to you add more cauliflower but do not over thicken.

In fry pan add in oil...heat on medium...add in batter. It will even bubble like a real pancake. Fry...flip...fry...edges get crispy...cook like a pancake!

Plate it...spray with butter spray (zero cal)...add WF pancake syrup...and enjoy!

You can make 2 sizable pancakes with the above recipe.

This really kicked my pancake hunger!
    Cheers
    Jake
    Sounds wonderful!
    Thanks!
  • Thanks for the recipes. The thing I miss the most is pizza!
  • sounds great! i'm definitely making those!
  • I'm too lazy to make a caulicrust... I just roast or stirfry some cauliflower, and top it with all the pizza toppings then to get really fancy top with your veggie shreds/cheese on your plate and slip it under the broiler. Still tastes great.

Liana
  • bump
  • This thread came in handy this morning! I have 2 huge heads of cauliflower to do something with!! Thought I'd give it a bump!
  • Quote: I use the omelette packet with some added vanilla and cinnamon to make "french toast" - just mix up with the recommended water, 1/2 tsp vanilla and cinnamon to taste. Cook in the frying pan until pretty firm, flip as one piece and cook the other side until nice and brown. With WF syrup, it's perfect!
    Whoa... ... I might actually buy a box of the omelet packets after reading this! (I did not like them as actual omelets.) Thanks!

• These were good! Thanks for bumping the thread!!
  • Bump!! Good recipes in here!