Cauliflower Pancakes!

You're on Page 2 of 7
Go to
  • What do you think the veggie serving is for two pancakes?
    Trying to figure out how much it will count towards my 4c of veggies.
    Thanks!!!
  • Quote: What do you think the veggie serving is for two pancakes?
    Trying to figure out how much it will count towards my 4c of veggies.
    Thanks!!!
    I estimated about 1/2 cup. I didn't quite use the 4TBSP of riced cauliflower.

Add-- I started out with about 1 cup of cauliflower and once I riced it, I added not quite 4 TBSP to my pancake batter. i also had about 1/4 cup left over.
  • Hi All: Thanks for the wonderful comments!
    Serving size:I did cut up Cauliflower (like 1" pieces)and measure out about 2.5 cups. THEN I took those 2.5 cups and threw them into my food processor and turned them into "rice"...then back to the measuring up. It was 2 cups almost almost exactly.

So I figure on just using it as 1.25 cup regular equals a 1 cup "riced".
    Close enough for me anyway!
    I did not measure out the riced cauliflower I added for the pancakes yet but when I make them again, I will and post it here! Maybe tonight with my dinner! LOVE these!
    Cheers!
    Jake
  • Quote: I went to the store looking for the WF syrup, and they don't have it here, so I ordered some from Netrition. Once it comes in, I'm trying this out.

What was in your Mexican Cauliflower Rice? Please share. I love Mexican food. Thank you!
    Here it is Starshine:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/108397533/...uliflower-Rice

My wife liked it so much that she asked me to make it again tonight. So, tonight we had shrimp with salsa verde and the Mexican rice. I still can't believe that the cauliflower can taste like that!
  • Quote: Its simply amazing what you can do with cauliflower. Until last week I had never ever heard of cauliflower rice. Now I've made cauliflower rice crust for pizza and last night I made Mexican cauliflower rice (which turned out great). In my wildest imagination I never thought you could make it into pancakes! I would make them this morning, except that I don't have any low calorie pancake syrup on hand. I've read that the Walden Farms brand is pretty good. I'll have to pick some up so I can try this recipe!
    I definitely plan to make this! I too find it amazing what you can do with cauliflower. As the weather cools down, I'm looking forward to making Cauliflower Clam Chowder soup in my slow cooker. It's delicious!
  • Quote: Here it is Starshine:

My wife liked it so much that she asked me to make it again tonight. So, tonight we had shrimp with salsa verde and the Mexican rice. I still can't believe that the cauliflower can taste like that!
    Thank you so much, joefla! I'll try it out. I'm a vegetarian, so I think I'll put in some tofu with it, or some fake turkey that I just got.
  • What's the recipe For the clam chowder?
  • Quote: Here it is Starshine:

Starshine... just keep in mind that I am not on the idea protein diet, so I don't know if that recipe conforms with that particular diet.
  • Quote: Starshine... just keep in mind that I am not on the idea protein diet, so I don't know if that recipe conforms with that particular diet.
    I checked out the recipe - other than the salsa (which could be substituted with regular chopped tomato or homemade salsa made without sugar) and the sautee'd onions (which would likely caramelize them) it looks on point for IP! Very easy to adjust and make it fit the IP requirements!

We'd also have to skip the yogurt on top, at least until after Phase 1
  • So the first time I made the cauliflower pancakes, I did the cauliflower raw and the bits were still kind of crisp even after cooking them (I probably cooked the pancake too fast, but I'm impatient!). So this morning I had some leftover cauli rice, which had been heated in the microwave and was a little tender. I used that, and it was much softer in the pancake! Perfection!
  • Quote: Starshine... just keep in mind that I am not on the idea protein diet, so I don't know if that recipe conforms with that particular diet.
    I noticed that too, but it looks to be easy to change to be IP legal. I'm going to try it. Thanks again!
  • Quote: So the first time I made the cauliflower pancakes, I did the cauliflower raw and the bits were still kind of crisp even after cooking them (I probably cooked the pancake too fast, but I'm impatient!). So this morning I had some leftover cauli rice, which had been heated in the microwave and was a little tender. I used that, and it was much softer in the pancake! Perfection!
    I was wondering about that. Thanks, Scorbett!
  • I made the pancakes for breakfast. LOVED them! I told my school mom friends who are also on IP all about them. Thank you for the recipe.
  • OK, so just made the pancakes for breakfast...YUM!
    Measured the cauliflower "rice" which is more like couscous...it is 3/4 cup. 1 whole egg, 1 egg white (I use extra large eggs)....skipped the splenda, added 1 tsp vanilla and several dashes cinnamon...mix, add to hot oil...fried on medium high and let them cook. Spray with no cal butter spray and add WF syrup.
    Totally acceptable! Delish!
    Note: That is a large full size dinner plate.
    Jake
  • Ok, that does it. I have to order some WF pancake syrup today!!