Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2012, 11:16 AM   #46  
Started July 23 2013

S/C/G: 293.6

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliKay View Post
Happy Monday Morning....I can't keep my eyes open! Congrats on the loss, Molly..great news!

I have been having rutabaga fries with my turkey burger a few times a week, says on the P1 that is an ok veg but on the P2 sheets it says it's restricted. So which is it? Ok to eat whenever in P1 but not P2? I'm so confused!

Talked to my daughter in CA and it was 100 degrees on her car thermometer last night and she is only 45 minutes outside of San Francisco..the weather is warm where Dana is.

Cooling off here again today, supposed to be down into the 40's during the day by Friday...sad snow will be here soon. Winters in Chicago, not fun.

Have a great day everyone and if anyone can give me any insight into the rutabaga thing, I would really appreciate it.

I have a hunch that the Phase 1 sheet is newer than the Phase 2 sheet that you are using. I bet Wuv will have the answer, but you may get a faster answer if you post your question on the dialy chat. I think the phase 1 sheet came out in June and there is no date on the Phase 2 one that is in the stickys.
Old 10-01-2012, 12:20 PM   #47  
IP Start 9/5/12

S/C/G: 195/167/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi Ladies! Been busy for a few days, just catching up. Halfagainwhat a dear man "sweet mango" love him!

I just finished the craziest work weekend, many grueling hours on my feet including 13 hrs on Saturday. Hard to get in all my water and my eating times were scattered around. Saturday I was so exhausted I went straight to bed as soon as I got home, no dinner or snack.
I work at a winery in one of the best AVA's in Washington state. This weekend was our first annual AVA Block Party with 13 participating wineries. I was chairing the event and I'm very happy to say it was a great success......equally happy that it's over!
Anyway I weigh in tomorrow and i don't feel like I've lost anything so a bit anxious....

BTW - I gave not cheated once on this diet. I really do love IP. In my job I often need to taste wine..swish and spit for me. That will be the thing I look forward to the most, relaxing with a nice glass of award winning wine....ahhh......
Old 10-01-2012, 01:20 PM   #48  
started IP 7/17/2012

S/C/G: 200.5/167/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
We were dropping to the bottom of the page. I know we're 50+, but have we all pooped out early? I know I am about to.

It's now a rainy night in Georgia. (I'll be like rainbow, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qr5djzzeA3M). So this will be the night when the lights went out in Georgia, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8OSGxZavtQ

Have a great night all. Work day tomorrow starts early.

Molly
Seems I read somwhere that people who get a full 8 hours of sleep are better able to lose and maintain weight, so I am not ashamed to say that my bedtime is 9 p.m.
Old 10-01-2012, 01:31 PM   #49  
started IP 7/17/2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebaughman View Post
I have a hunch that the Phase 1 sheet is newer than the Phase 2 sheet that you are using. I bet Wuv will have the answer, but you may get a faster answer if you post your question on the dialy chat. I think the phase 1 sheet came out in June and there is no date on the Phase 2 one that is in the stickys.
Wow - I have been enjoying rutabagas too, but I looked in up and there are 15 carbs in a 1 cup serving of chopped rutabaga. Seems high compared to other "select" veggies. I think I'll limit these to an occasional thing.

Last night I had 2 cups chopped and roasted - yummy - but I did it not realizing I was getting 30 carbs just in my veggies!!

Last edited by Lizzy63; 10-01-2012 at 01:32 PM.
Old 10-01-2012, 02:23 PM   #50  
IPA

S/C/G: 255.4/251.2/180

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzy63 View Post
Wow - I have been enjoying rutabagas too, but I looked in up and there are 15 carbs in a 1 cup serving of chopped rutabaga. Seems high compared to other "select" veggies. I think I'll limit these to an occasional thing.

Last night I had 2 cups chopped and roasted - yummy - but I did it not realizing I was getting 30 carbs just in my veggies!!
Exactly what I was thinking! I had 2 cups of fries in the oven last night and then realized when I was adding in my dinner foods into my log just how high in carbs rutabaga's are. I'm going to limit them too! Thanks too, jebaughman for the suggestion of asking Wuv..I'll message her!
Old 10-01-2012, 04:38 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

I use the oatmeal on my rhubarb all the time. But I put a bit of water in it so it is not actually crumbly. I use alternatives so the oatmeal is not restricted so that is a bonus.
I cook the rhubard in the microwave with some stevia, them mix a bit of water with the oatmeal and put it over the rhubarb and put it in the oven for 20 minutes or so at 350 degrees.

Last edited by patns; 10-01-2012 at 04:41 PM.
Old 10-01-2012, 04:39 PM   #52  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

oh well...c'est la vie...posted a .6 gain this week!!! it was on the heels of a great loss last week of 5.3 which was probably half due to dehydration after the 5k because monday and tuesday brought 1 pound gain each....as i re-hydrated my body....at least thats my story and i'm claiming it! haha

so from wed until now i was trying to get those back off!! thats ok
BRING IT ON.....BRING ON NEXT WEEK!!!

on a different note, i won THE BIGGEST LOSER this past week with my 5 pound loss!! woohoo!!!

HAPPY OCTOBER 1ST EVERYONE!!!
Old 10-01-2012, 04:53 PM   #53  
Feed Your Freedom

Old 10-01-2012, 05:33 PM   #54  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

I've missed y'all! Heading to the San Francisco airport right now to catch our flight back to Austin. It was a great, but short trip home. It was one long BIG NSV for me all weekend. The majority of the people have not seen me for 95 pounds and they either didn't regonize me at first or they couldn't stop gushing over me. I have never done well with compliments, so while it made me feel really good, I was also somewhat uncomfortable too. One thing I'm wondering is even if the scale doesn't move, how much does our body continue to change? Some of my family I saw this past June, and I haven't lost weight since then, but everyone said how much thinner I looked since the last time I saw them. None of them believed me when I said I weigh the same. Anyway, it was a fun weekend with friends and family and my nephew did an awesome job during the Bar Mitzvah service. Now it's time to head home. Almost forgot to mention that today is my 29th wedding anniversary. Unfortunately no romantic dinner for us tonight unless American Airlines has something planned for us which I doubt. Now off to read the thread and see what I've missed.
Old 10-01-2012, 06:40 PM   #55  
started IP 7/17/2012

I have FINALLY joined Capecodmomma in the 160s. Weighed in at 167.25, which is really funny because I didn't feel like I lost anything, but I actually lost 2.75 - pants were not looser, etc... HAPPY DAY!!

Good to have you back, Dana!
Old 10-01-2012, 07:13 PM   #56  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
I've missed y'all! Heading to the San Francisco airport right now to catch our flight back to Austin. It was a great, but short trip home. It was one long BIG NSV for me all weekend. The majority of the people have not seen me for 95 pounds and they either didn't regonize me at first or they couldn't stop gushing over me. I have never done well with compliments, so while it made me feel really good, I was also somewhat uncomfortable too. One thing I'm wondering is even if the scale doesn't move, how much does our body continue to change? Some of my family I saw this past June, and I haven't lost weight since then, but everyone said how much thinner I looked since the last time I saw them. None of them believed me when I said I weigh the same. Anyway, it was a fun weekend with friends and family and my nephew did an awesome job during the Bar Mitzvah service. Now it's time to head home. Almost forgot to mention that today is my 29th wedding anniversary. Unfortunately no romantic dinner for us tonight unless American Airlines has something planned for us which I doubt. Now off to read the thread and see what I've missed.
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!! we missed you too!!! just not the same without ya!!
yah for all the wonderful compliments!!! enjoy them ALL love because you deserve each and every one!!! safe travels home!!!
hugsssssss

Quote:
I have FINALLY joined Capecodmomma in the 160s. Weighed in at 167.25, which is really funny because I didn't feel like I lost anything, but I actually lost 2.75 - pants were not looser, etc... HAPPY DAY!!

Good to have you back, Dana!
HAPPY DANCE!! see i told you the scale was going to whooosh all of you!!!! woohooo!!!!
Old 10-01-2012, 07:19 PM   #57  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfagain View Post
Made hamburger jerky today. There was a Backwoods seasoning packet that came with the jerky gun we bought. Turned out original flavor at least fits IP just fine, so we used it. Jerky is pretty good - but I think I'll see if the spicy mix is still IP friendly for next round. http://www.amazon.com/LEM-Products-4...erky+seasoning
Halfagain, you really fascinated me with this. I have been making jerky for probably 40+ years (had my Excalibur dehydrator for 30+) and never heard of a jerky gun or cannon OR hamburger jerky. DH and I watched the LEM demo on you tube. How interesting. I have about 15 lbs of extra lean ground beef that doesn't make into good hamburger patties, but I bet it'd make fabulous jerky like that. Just what I need another kitchen appliance and more money spent. I do love jerky though. Thanks for sharing.

Long frustrating day working today. I just know the stress is going to keep me from making onderland next week. I only have to lose 1.9 lbs to be at 199.9. Come on whoosh fairy, fly by my house at least once.

It's another rainy night in Georgia. Been raining on and off since I posted last night. My rain gauge says 1.14" in the last 24 hours.

Molly
Old 10-01-2012, 07:26 PM   #58  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliKay View Post
Exactly what I was thinking! I had 2 cups of fries in the oven last night and then realized when I was adding in my dinner foods into my log just how high in carbs rutabaga's are. I'm going to limit them too! Thanks too, jebaughman for the suggestion of asking Wuv..I'll message her!
Quote:

I know I'm a few years off from joining the thread, but I wanted to put some rutabaga lovers at ease

Raw rutabaga has 11g carbs in 1 cup, but 4g dietary fiber. So in terms of carb counts for our diets, they are only 7g net carbs. Still a little high, but not as bad as you may have thought

http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/...roducts/2610/2
Old 10-02-2012, 07:06 AM   #59  
IPA

S/C/G: 255.4/251.2/180

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
I know I'm a few years off from joining the thread, but I wanted to put some rutabaga lovers at ease

Raw rutabaga has 11g carbs in 1 cup, but 4g dietary fiber. So in terms of carb counts for our diets, they are only 7g net carbs. Still a little high, but not as bad as you may have thought

http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/...roducts/2610/2

Well, when you put it that way..it doesn't look as bad. Thank you! I think I am still going to restrict it to a few times a week.

Congrats to everyone with the losses and NSV's and Rainbow, it's just a water gain that's all. Next week, Whoosh!

Have a wonderful Tuesday everyone...cooler again in Chicago today, so glad I can keep the a/c off until next Spring.
Old 10-02-2012, 08:48 AM   #60  

S/C/G: 168/138/130

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
oh well...c'est la vie...posted a .6 gain this week!!! it was on the heels of a great loss last week of 5.3 which was probably half due to dehydration after the 5k because monday and tuesday brought 1 pound gain each....as i re-hydrated my body....at least thats my story and i'm claiming it! haha

so from wed until now i was trying to get those back off!! thats ok
BRING IT ON.....BRING ON NEXT WEEK!!!

on a different note, i won THE BIGGEST LOSER this past week with my 5 pound loss!! woohoo!!!

HAPPY OCTOBER 1ST EVERYONE!!!
BRING IT ON! You are still above average for loss!

What is the BIGGEST LOSER? Are you in a special program, or just watching the show?

You look just beautiful, Rainbow!
Closed Thread