Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2012, 11:49 AM   #136  

S/C/G: 206/186/160

Height: 5"2

Happy Saturday to everyone, on my way home tommrow fr Denver, had a great time and stayed 100% OP.
Old 10-06-2012, 12:26 PM   #137  
started IP 7/17/2012

S/C/G: 200.5/167/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishette View Post
Test 2 to see if my avatar pic will change to me and Lily. She is doing very well and is back to being her happy self. Her Great Grandma is also recovering nicely. My WI today was poor, but not unexpected. Will try more lean proteins this coming week to get things started again in the right direction. But for now I'm very happy with my girls' progress. Thank you for the positive energy!
You both look beautiful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindamomof6 View Post
Hey Fab. 50 friends.
I just completed my first week on Phase 2. I lost another pound and 1.25 inches. My body fat percentage took another drop to 26%. Thank you for your support this week, as I was very stressed with my birthday (50th) and starting to phase off IP...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellop60 View Post
Hi ev1,
Weigh in day today and has been my 1st month on IP. Drum roll please..........14.5lbs and 5.25 inches.
Way to go lindamomof6 and mellop60!!

A quiet Saturday here in central IL. Had to turn the heat on for a bit and wear gloves and hat when I walked the dog early this morning!
Old 10-07-2012, 10:07 AM   #138  
IPA

S/C/G: 255.4/251.2/180

Height: 5'5"

Good Sunday Morning...it's freezing outside! Thirty-six degrees in October just doesn't seem right. My wildflowers in the backyard are still flowering away but most of everything else is gone till next year.

Hope everyone has a great Sunday, I'm making candy covered oreos and pretzels for Halloween treats for my daughters office. Couldn't believe that I didn't even take a taste yesterday when it was melting. Last year I would have made myself sick eating it.

Stay warm..or cool for those in warmer weather!
Old 10-07-2012, 10:41 AM   #139  
t3b

S/C/G: 222/188/126

Height: 5'1"

Good morning everyone! It is a sunny, yet cold morning here in Nebraska. I have been doing well on my IP; however I was wondering. . . I thought it was normal to lose 3 to 5 lbs. I only lose 1-2 lbs. Is this the real normal for IP? Just wondering from you experts. My coach is new and not real informative.
Old 10-07-2012, 10:52 AM   #140  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3b View Post
Good morning everyone! It is a sunny, yet cold morning here in Nebraska. I have been doing well on my IP; however I was wondering. . . I thought it was normal to lose 3 to 5 lbs. I only lose 1-2 lbs. Is this the real normal for IP? Just wondering from you experts. My coach is new and not real informative.
Seems like coaches and centers are "brainwashed" that EVERYONE will lose 3-5 lbs a week (good advertising to get people in and on the program though). That was on ongoing battle I had with my coach and the main reason I went off on my own after 3 months. I told her, "I'm in my early 60s, everything in my life has slowed down (except getting older LOL) and I'm not going to lose much more than 2 lbs a week if I'm lucky. I have been on this now 39 weeks and have lost 91 lbs. I'm averaging just over 2 lbs, but I'm thrilled. I tried everything for the last 10 years and couldn't average 2 lbs a month. If you're on this thread 50+, you're probably not going to lose like the younger set you will read on other threads. One of the main reasons we started this some time ago. Things work different for us.

Hang in there. Ask these questions. We're here to help you.
Molly

Last edited by WingnutandMe; 10-07-2012 at 11:48 AM.
Old 10-07-2012, 11:27 AM   #141  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Good Sunday to you!
I stayed overnight in the camp trailer at my parents. I didn't sleep well. It's cold out, and the furnace lets the trailer get too cold, then heats it to too warm and you have the happy in between time. (Covers on! Covers off! all night long). I ended up sleeping with some warm socks on and that helped.

We're going to walk around a small lake/pond today, which is about a mile. I didn't bring any real walking shoes, just some slip on tennis shoe wannabes. Hopefully they will be okay. It's mornings like these I wish I hadn't given up on coffee.... I might revert back.

I received lots of "wow!" weight loss comments from family yesterday. That was nice.

Have a great day!

Last edited by Halfagain; 10-07-2012 at 11:28 AM.
Old 10-07-2012, 11:33 AM   #142  

S/C/G: 242/242/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
Seems like coaches and centers are "brainwashed" that EVERYONE will lose 3-5 lbs a week (good advertising to get people in and an the program though). That was on ongoing battle I had with my coach and the main reason I went off on my own after 3 months. I told her, "I'm in my early 60s, everything in my life has slowed down (except getting older LOL) and I'm not going to lose much more than 2 lbs a week if I'm lucky. I have been on this now 39 weeks and have lost 91 lbs. I'm averaging just over 2 lbs, but I'm thrilled. I tried everything for the last 10 years and couldn't average 2 lbs a month. If you're on this thread 50+, you're probably not going to lose like the younger set you will read on other threads. One of the main reasons we started this some time ago. Things work different for us.

Hang in there. Ask these questions. We're here to help you.
Molly
Well said, Molly. Isn't it the truth.
Brenda
Old 10-07-2012, 11:49 AM   #143  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueskywyoming View Post
Well said, Molly. Isn't it the truth.
Brenda
Thanks, Brenda

I also forgot to talk about what our hormones at this age have done to us and weight loss. OMG

Be happy with any loss.

Molly
Old 10-07-2012, 11:57 AM   #144  

S/C/G: 168/138/130

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
I averaged about 1.5 to 2 pounds per week. I think what you are losing is pretty normal. It is just steady. Sometimes you will loose more, but that was average for me.
Old 10-07-2012, 12:07 PM   #145  
started IP 7/17/2012

S/C/G: 200.5/167/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
I think I am one of the lucky ones. I have been averaging 3.3 pounds over 11 weeks. As I get closer to my goal, though, I know it will slow down. And I have definitely had ups and downs - without the big first and second weeks, my average would be much lower.

As we get older our metabolism definitely slows down - it's just harder to lose. As long as you are moving in the right direction, you're doing great!

Just sent 2 of the grandkids (1 and 6 years old) home from a sleepover. I think I'm going to have to take it easy the rest of the day to recover! So much energy!!

Last edited by Lizzy63; 10-07-2012 at 12:08 PM.
Old 10-07-2012, 12:38 PM   #146  

Height: 5'2"

After 16 days of travel and trying tonstay on the plan, I am on the way home. We logged 75 miles of running or hiking in 13 days without a day off! Averaging 6 miles each day, which involved at leaast one trail run if some distance. Nour biggest day was an 18 mile hike/ climb up Half dome at Yosemite National Park. For the most part my partner and I stayed on the program with just a few deviations at restaurants.... My clothes are sagging in me, but I haven't weighed myself in 16 days so am anxious about whether or not I actually lost any weight while gone. Official WI is tomorrow. I want to figure out how to post a few pictures.
Old 10-07-2012, 01:55 PM   #147  
IP Start Date 8/31/2012

S/C/G: 250/119/124

Today I decided to reorganize my kitchen to be more IP friendly. I am going through and getting rid of things that are not on plan and unlikely to be part of my future, setting up room for the dehydrator, etc. It is hard work because my kitchen was pretty cluttered, but when I am done I will be so inspired! Thanks ladies for keeping my spirits up, this board is always such an encouragement!
Old 10-07-2012, 03:01 PM   #148  
t3b

S/C/G: 222/188/126

Height: 5'1"

Thanks everyone! I feel better. I know any loss at my age is great; I just am kind of impatient ; ) Plus I forget that my age does make a difference. I am going to start exercising (more than just walking the dog) and check into weight training too. Love reading everyones comments. You all keep me motivated! Thanks for sharing.
Old 10-07-2012, 03:51 PM   #149  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Quote:
Thanks everyone! I feel better. I know any loss at my age is great; I just am kind of impatient ; ) Plus I forget that my age does make a difference. I am going to start exercising (more than just walking the dog) and check into weight training too. Love reading everyones comments. You all keep me motivated! Thanks for sharing.
As for exercise, especially weight training, it's not recommended on this diet (calorie consumption is far to low to sustain much exercise at all). We've been conditioned to think that exercise, and more of it, will speed up the loss process, but on this program it will NOT. It will actually hinder the process. I'm not the expert on this,, like some (hey guys, chime in), but unless that's been part of your life on a daily basis, walking the dog is about all that is recommended. I've had my 91 lb loss with NO exercise, not even walking, as I have problems with my feet to start with and now have a torn tendon I'm nursing with even less activity.

Losses will come, just follow the program 100%.

Molly
Old 10-07-2012, 04:36 PM   #150  

S/C/G: 206/186/160

Height: 5"2

Hi ladies, just got home fr Denver was a beautiful drive, happy to be home. Wishing everyone a great Sunday!
Closed Thread