Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2012, 07:35 PM   #61  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

Hgamroth - I lost my focus for a bit, though never actually went off protocol. I stopped measuring, had a couple of restricted in the same day. This was about 12 weeks in for me. You have a LOT going on in your life, so many demands on your time and energy, so don't be hard on yourself. Re-commit to staying 100% and you can do it. Getting healthier will help you keep up with everything without draining your reserves. Wishing you the best!
Old 09-28-2012, 08:00 PM   #62  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

I'm having a hard time focussing too, but I'm also "lacking sleep" this week, so I'm going with that. I was a "rebel" yesterday and had a huge glass of milk. Yep people, that's me being a rebel. Sad eh? LOL... Anyway, it was a GOOD glass of milk, but before everyone rags on me for cheating (oh wait, this isn't the 100% thread...) it was treat day at work and everyone couldn't believe I passed up all the sweets and treats brought in (I won't name them -- that would be mean LOL) So, I had my milk and "protein cookie" and I'm back on track today....

....still think it has something to do with the weather.... lol
Old 09-28-2012, 08:00 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 299.8/282.3/160

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
Question: Do you think "weather" has anything to do with it? It's a fact people put on their weight in the fall, pre-winter, and during holidays. The weather is changing, getting colder, nights coming earlier.... I know I "Feel" different -- like winter is on the way. Are my "caveman genes" actually changing to try to bulk me up for the coming weather?? That sounds stupid but I'm being serious... does our blood thicken or something when the weather gets cooler? Lots of talk lately about people feeling colder, hungrier, easier to get off plan...

Is it just a change in routine due to change in season, or is there actually somethin' goin' on? (Those who think I'm crazy about nature affecting our behaviour have never been in a school on a windy day or a full moon -- nature affects us-- just ask a teacher or a cop! LOL)
My therapist and I talked about this a couple of weeks ago. She said that absolutely happens. Being mindful is one of her big focuses and we talked about being mindful of it when I feel like I "need" macaroni and cheese, or mashed potatoes and gravy, any of those heavier "comfort foods" that seem to come into season in the fall. She said it truly is the human hardwiring. We can't necessarily change it, but (again) we can be mindful of the fact the weather's changing, days are getting shorter, etc. and that those things are playing more of a part in our craving those things.
Old 09-28-2012, 08:06 PM   #64  
Diane on track July 2014

Well thank you Angie -- now I don't feel like it was such a silly idea after all! I appreciate your reply and I will take the "mindful" part to heart because I definitely am having cravings lately, and I'm not pregnant! (... although that would be amazing after 20 years of trying... hee hee)
Old 09-28-2012, 08:33 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Quote:
Originally Posted by wintertexan2 View Post
Hi divajen, I am so impressed with your success. Can you give me some pointers. Dr has me trying the South Beach Diet. I just started the 25 and need some good pointers. Thanks
Thanks! Unfortunately I can't give you any South Beach advice as I'm working with Ideal Protein (this is a daily chat thread for people doing IP ) but I wish you luck!!!
Old 09-28-2012, 08:34 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Quote:
Originally Posted by mompattie View Post
Look at your ticker gf!!! Almost onederland!!!! And right around the bend is.....GOAL!!!!!
Yup, down to the last 25! And 5 from onederland. Feels like it's taken me forever to get to that point, I tell you what, but still. It will be totally worth it when it happens!
Old 09-28-2012, 08:49 PM   #67  
Diane on track July 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPdivajen View Post
Yup, down to the last 25! And 5 from onederland. Feels like it's taken me forever to get to that point, I tell you what, but still. It will be totally worth it when it happens!
Whitby? We're practically neighbours! I should be sending you my clothes as I'm just a size or two ahead of you. LOL. You'll see big changes in the next 20 pounds coming off -- out of the big girl stores and onto the regular racks-- a fun thing my friend!

Congrats on doing so well! We'll be watchin' for those 5.1 pounds to celebrate one-derland with you!
Old 09-28-2012, 08:53 PM   #68  

Height: 5'4"

Thank you for your kind words of encouragement mompattie and greeniris! You all know the right things to say. I had a fabulous nap with my little guy today and woke up in a much better place. My focus needs more focus but I HAVE GOT THIS!
Old 09-28-2012, 09:21 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 258.4/163.6/168.4

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Have a great day at work!

I am SO looking forward to this weekend! We are going to a harvest festival at a local farm, and there's a cultural event downtown at the piers. Now that the bigger little is in school all week, I am so much more conscious of doing fun things on my weekends off! I hate that he's not with me all day but he LOVES school and his teacher is fantastic. Plus the one-on-one time with the littlest has been awesome, and he's loving not having to compete with his brother for part of the day

Has anyone else noticed a point when the shakes just don't cut it anymore? Not hunger-wise, but as far as what you WANT to eat. I was having shakes or cappuccino drinks in the morning, but the last week or so I've really been craving "real" type food in the morning - thank goodness for packet pancakes and alternative products that are close to the "real" thing!

I make muffins for breakfast with the chocolate shake mix. Yum and satisfying!
Old 09-28-2012, 09:32 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 258.4/163.6/168.4

Height: 5' 3"

When I was 8 years old I went on my first diet. I have been on countless in the 34 years since then and never made it to goal. Yesterday I hit my goal of losing 90 lbs!! I will start phase 2 next Sat (traveling and wanted the ease of Ph 1 this week). Can't wait!! Thank you all who have been there to support me on this life-changing journey!
Old 09-28-2012, 09:38 PM   #71  

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakegirl View Post
When I was 8 years old I went on my first diet. I have been on countless in the 34 years since then and never made it to goal. Yesterday I hit my goal of losing 90 lbs!! I will start phase 2 next Sat (traveling and wanted the ease of Ph 1 this week). Can't wait!! Thank you all who have been there to support me on this life-changing journey!
That is amazing! Well done and congrats!!!
Old 09-28-2012, 09:48 PM   #72  
started IP 7/17/2012

S/C/G: 200.5/167/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakegirl View Post
Congrats on making goal - way to go!!!
Old 09-28-2012, 10:13 PM   #73  
Diane on track July 2014

I'm proud of my 30 so I can appreciate your efforts! WOW!! I'm re-inspired!
Congrats...let us know how the next phase goes!
Old 09-28-2012, 10:17 PM   #74  
8/23/12 - 1/6/13

S/C/G: 170/140/135

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wintertexan2 View Post
I started my journey on the 25 my birthday. This is my gift to me. I started at 229 I am down 5 lbs. I have a no exercise job so need and am getting our and walking a little each night. Baby steps first. Have a great day all.
Happy Birthday, WinterTexan! This will be a great gift to yourself that will keep on giving for years to come. You can do this!
Old 09-28-2012, 10:18 PM   #75  

Congrats on making goal!
Closed Thread