S/C/G: 197/132/140

Height: 5'6.5"

bump
psjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 11:19 PM   #62  
Restarted IP June 2014

Height: 5'2"

Thumbs up Lemon garlic chicken

This one is one of my families faves....looks IP compliant too!

http://www.number-2-pencil.com/2013/...arlic-chicken/
weathermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 11:31 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 198/147/145

Height: 5'8.5"

Thank you oneuh2!
Iron Woman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 10:38 AM   #64  
Started IP 6/12/14

S/C/G: 192/138.6/132

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneuh2 View Post
SarahBee was interested in some ideas for pork roast, so I gathered and shared via private message the following that I had found recently while searching the IP forum for crockpot ideas.

I am starting this thread, as I'd like to see if we can get more crockpot recipes that are helpful to those of us on P1, so I am sharing what I found and hoping others will weigh in. And then maybe Lisa can include links to the crockpot/slowcooker thread along with the other recipe threads.

scorbett1103:
Pork Roast & Rutabaga crockpot

Peel & slice a large rutabaga in big chunks.
Spray crockpot with EVOO spray
Rub a 3lb pork roast with a mix of 2 tsp garlic powder, 1 Tbsp parsley, 2 tsp thyme, 1 tsp sea salt, 1/2 tsp white pepper.

Heat a skillet to high. Sear the pork roast on all sides (about 2 minutes per side).

Arrange the rutabaga on the bottom of the crockpot. Place pork roast on top of the rutabaga. Add 1 cup fat free veggie/chicken broth, or plain water if you prefer. Cover and cook on low for 6 hrs.

Voila, meat and potatoes dinner! You can do the same with a beef roast, just adjust this way:

Rub beef with a mix of 2tsp garlic powder, 2 tsp onion powder, 1/2 tsp black pepper, 1 tsp sea salt. Sear on all sides to seal in the juices. Instead of chicken/veggie broth, add 1/2 cup water or beef broth, and 1/2 cup black coffee (preferably yesterday's coffee!). Cook on low 6 hours.

IP43: I put turnip or rutabega in overnight with WF maplesyrup. The next morning they were still hard so I added my meat and by the time I got home from work, all was cooked and delish. The "potatoes" tasted sweet, like sweet potatoes, and definitely not "turnip"

If you want more crockpot ideas, here is the link to the IP Friendly Crockpot Recipes thread...
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...t-recipes.html
I'm trying the beef roast with rutabaga this week. I meant to get up and put it on this morning, oh well, tomorrow is fine.
kissi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 07:31 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by weathermom View Post
I made this and had it for dinner tonight. It was insanely delicious over cauli-rice.
IdealProteinNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 07:36 PM   #66  

Oneuh2: When you make your beef and rutabaga slow cooker recipe do you put the WF maple syrup in right away or let it cook a little?

Thanks!
Old 09-01-2014, 09:12 PM   #67  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
Oneuh2: When you make your beef and rutabaga slow cooker recipe do you put the WF maple syrup in right away or let it cook a little?

Thanks!
I have only done the pork roast version - I put the rutabaga in right at the start with WF Maple Syrup and Chicken broth, then the roast on top (or purple top turnip if you want to use a Select rather than Occasional veggie in the pot). I also cut it up to 1/2 to 1 inch pieces -- the recipe says large chunks, but some have found the rutabaga takes longer to cook thru, even overnight in the crockpot.

With beef, I might pass on the maple syrup and just go with the broth.... but the syrup version of turnip or rutabaga is yummy beyond belief.

Last edited by oneuh2; 09-01-2014 at 09:13 PM.
oneuh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 09:19 PM   #68  
oneuh2

Default Slow Cooker Lemon Garlic Chicken

Quote:
Originally Posted by weathermom View Post
This one is one of my families faves....looks IP compliant too!

http://www.number-2-pencil.com/2013/...arlic-chicken/
For easy access, I have cut and pasted Weathermom's recommendedrecipe here -- go the the link she shared for pictures re: prep:

Slow Cooker Lemon Garlic Chicken
Author: Melissa @ No. 2 Pencil
Recipe type: Dinner
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 4 hours
Total time: 4 hours 10 mins
Serves: 4

An easy slow cooker recipe for Lemon Garlic Chicken.
Ingredients
•4 lemons
•2-3 heads of garlic
•1 whole chicken 4 to 5 pounds
•Fresh rosemary, or any fresh herbs
•All-purpose steak seasoning or salt and pepper

Instructions
1.Cut garlic heads and lemons in half and lay in bottom of slow cooker.
2.Cut the bottoms off the lemons so they lay flat.
3.Add a sprig of rosemary, or any herbs.
4.Remove insides from chicken, rinse chicken and pat dry.
5.Season chicken well, inside and out, with all-purpose steak seasoning or salt and pepper.
6.Lay chicken on top of garlic and lemon slices and stuff the chicken with a garlic head cut in half, and a lemon cut in quarters.
7.Cover top of chicken with additional lemon slices and rosemary.
8.Turn slow cooker to high, and cook for about 4 hours, or until chicken reaches 165 degrees.
9.Slow cooker cooking times vary.
10.Important: Use a meat thermometer to check for doneness.
11.When chicken has reached 165, turn off slow cooker and let chicken rest for about 15 minutes.
12.Remove from slow cooker, carve and serve.
13.Liquid from slow cooker can be strained and served over chicken.
Old 09-02-2014, 07:38 AM   #69  

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneuh2 View Post
I have only done the pork roast version - I put the rutabaga in right at the start with WF Maple Syrup and Chicken broth, then the roast on top (or purple top turnip if you want to use a Select rather than Occasional veggie in the pot). I also cut it up to 1/2 to 1 inch pieces -- the recipe says large chunks, but some have found the rutabaga takes longer to cook thru, even overnight in the crockpot.

With beef, I might pass on the maple syrup and just go with the broth.... but the syrup version of turnip or rutabaga is yummy beyond belief.

Great, thanks! Sorry, I forgot to ask...what cut of beef roast do you think I should buy?

Yesterday was the 1st time ever using my crockpot and it was a chicken, so no questions asked lol.

A beef roast is all new territory for me!

Thanks again!

Last edited by IdealProteinNewbie; 09-02-2014 at 07:40 AM.
Old 09-02-2014, 12:06 PM   #70  
IP Start Date 07/11/14

S/C/G: 199/161.0/140

Height: 5'2" (almost)

This is an old WW recipe and I believe IP compliant:

Country Captain Chicken with Rice (I made cauliflower rice)

2 cups sliced shiitake mushrooms (I have always used "regular" mushrooms)
1 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped celery
1 clove garlic, minced
1 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed of all fat and cut into bite-size pieces (I've only used thighs once -- usually make with breast meat)
1 tbsp. flour (6 carbs per 1 tbsp.), OR, use a lower carb alternative to thicken
1/4 cup fat-free chicken broth (I use low or no sodium)
1 1/2 tsp curry powder
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 paprika
3 cups canned crushed tomatoes (I use what's on hand -- usually diced)

I dump everything in the slow cooker, except the chicken broth and flour. Mix broth and flour together in a separate bowl until flour is not lumpy, then pour over vegetables/meat in slow cooker, stir everything together, and cook on low for 5+ hours.

Make your "rice" and serve mixture over the "rice." Yields 2 1/2 cups chicken mixture and 1/2 cup "rice" per serving. Of course, we have to measure it out a little differently. I portion it out 1-1 1/2 cups mixture and 1 cup "rice."

As my family likes leftovers, I have always made a double batch.
Pebbles1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 02:02 PM   #71  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pebbles1964 View Post
This is an old WW recipe and I believe IP compliant:

Country Captain Chicken with Rice (I made cauliflower rice)

2 cups sliced shiitake mushrooms (I have always used "regular" mushrooms)
1 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped celery
1 clove garlic, minced
1 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed of all fat and cut into bite-size pieces (I've only used thighs once -- usually make with breast meat)
1 tbsp. flour (6 carbs per 1 tbsp.), OR, use a lower carb alternative to thicken
1/4 cup fat-free chicken broth (I use low or no sodium)
1 1/2 tsp curry powder
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 paprika
3 cups canned crushed tomatoes (I use what's on hand -- usually diced)

I dump everything in the slow cooker, except the chicken broth and flour. Mix broth and flour together in a separate bowl until flour is not lumpy, then pour over vegetables/meat in slow cooker, stir everything together, and cook on low for 5+ hours.

Make your "rice" and serve mixture over the "rice." Yields 2 1/2 cups chicken mixture and 1/2 cup "rice" per serving. Of course, we have to measure it out a little differently. I portion it out 1-1 1/2 cups mixture and 1 cup "rice."

As my family likes leftovers, I have always made a double batch.
That looks great! The only thing non-IP compliant is the thickener...has to be 0 carb if it's not a veg or IP product. You could probably use an IP soup packet as a thickener to stay 100% OP!
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 03:04 PM   #72  
Started IP Alt 1/29/14

S/C/G: 234/145/145

Thanks for the recipe Pebbles, I think I'm going to give that a whirl tomorrow.
Johnsdeere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 11:16 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 234/188/168

Height: 5' 7"

Can someone please tell me what is and how to make Cauliflower Rice.

Thank You
glennie.nola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 11:27 PM   #74  
oneuh2

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennie.nola View Post
Can someone please tell me what is and how to make Cauliflower Rice.

Thank You
Take your cauliflower and grate it on the coarse area of your grater, I think. I put mine in the Ninja Pulse machine and chop it down to pieces the size of rice. Then with just a bit of water, I microwave it to cook the cauli rice, and then I can do a lot with it -- add it to my pudding packet mixture and bake the batter as muffins, or put it in the waffle maker and make waffles. Of course you can use it as you would regular rice, with stir fried veggies and meat at your main meal, or add it into IP soups as part of your 2 cups of veggies at lunch time.

Go to the first STICKY thread listed for the Ideal Protein Diet forum and go to the recipe threads there and search for cauli rice -- you will find a better recipe for making it. And you will find recipes for using it once you make it.

The recipe threads are loaded with lots of good dishes and ways to transform your protein packets into stuff you will love. Be sure to take advantage of what you can find there!
Old 09-02-2014, 11:32 PM   #75  
oneuh2

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
Great, thanks! Sorry, I forgot to ask...what cut of beef roast do you think I should buy?

Yesterday was the 1st time ever using my crockpot and it was a chicken, so no questions asked lol.

A beef roast is all new territory for me!

Thanks again!
I rarely buy beef roasts (I like pork and chicken better), but I think a rump roast, or round roast would work well -- check the recipe book that probably came with your crockpot, or ask the guy behind the butcher counter at your grocery store - if you have no manned counter per se, there is usually a bell you can ring near the meat display area, and someone will come from the back to help you.