Old 09-02-2014, 11:46 PM   #76  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennie.nola View Post
Can someone please tell me what is and how to make Cauliflower Rice.

Thank You
Here is a link for the Andover IP Clinic and they have several versions of cauli rice, plus mashed cauliflower which is a great substitute for mashed potatoes....

http://andoverdietcenter.com/ideal-p.../recipes?cat=7

Thanks go to another member of this forum who shared this link - lots of good recipes - but I cannot recall who posted it
oneuh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 06:54 AM   #77  

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
That looks great! The only thing non-IP compliant is the thickener...has to be 0 carb if it's not a veg or IP product. You could probably use an IP soup packet as a thickener to stay 100% OP!
Okra works as a thickener, too! Use it as one of your veggies and cook til not slimy anymore (then it acts as a thickener - not as much as flour but thicker than au jus)

Last edited by lisa32989; 09-03-2014 at 07:22 AM.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 07:16 AM   #78  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneuh2 View Post
I rarely buy beef roasts (I like pork and chicken better), but I think a rump roast, or round roast would work well -- check the recipe book that probably came with your crockpot, or ask the guy behind the butcher counter at your grocery store - if you have no manned counter per se, there is usually a bell you can ring near the meat display area, and someone will come from the back to help you.
Thanks!

PS. I want to come to dinner at your house, your recipes always sound great
IdealProteinNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 09:05 AM   #79  

S/C/G: 196/ticker/145

Height: 5'3"

Hey guys! Thinking of trying this today! Minus the onion (or add towards the end). I can make some pasta up for the rest of the family to add to it. Might add some red pepper and mushrooms, too. Simple and easy!
http://www.couponcloset.net/slow-coo...cchini-recipe/
Tanklan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 09:09 AM   #80  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Okra works as a thickener, too! Use it as one of your veggies and cook til not slimy anymore (then it acts as a thickener - not as much as flour but thicker than au jus)
I've never tried that!! I think we should resurrect LizRR's puree thread, she had great ideas for thickening/enhancing with veg mixes!
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 11:29 AM   #81  
IP Start Date 07/11/14

S/C/G: 199/161.0/140

Height: 5'2" (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanklan View Post
Hey guys! Thinking of trying this today! Minus the onion (or add towards the end). I can make some pasta up for the rest of the family to add to it. Might add some red pepper and mushrooms, too. Simple and easy!
What a great recipe! Three days later and we're still eating the Country Captain Chicken, so I'll probably make this closer to the weekend.
Pebbles1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 02:27 AM   #82  
Started IP April 2014

I take some beef pot roast (whatever fits in my crockpot) and add some Worcester Sauce. I throw in some garlic and some stevia and some apple cider vinegar. I like the taste of A1 steak sauce and when you mix those together it mimics it just enough that I like it.

Cook whatever veggies you like in the crock and you are good to go. I make this for everyone and they have no idea that it is IP friendly.

I am going to agree with the poster that said she doesn't like WF BBQ sauce as it stands...I think it is waaay to sweet so I use it with Worcester Sauce to tweak it until it stops being so sweet.

You can add the WF BBQ sauce to the meat if you like it. I prefer to eat mine with the 'pretend' A1
WABelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 03:04 PM   #83  
oneuh2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanklan View Post
This Chicken and Zuke in the crockpot recipe looks very good and I have a bunch of zukes in my fridge just looking for dish to land in -- some cauli rice in lieu of pasta to serve it over should be very good. I am trying it tomorrow!

Thanks for sharing!
Old 09-05-2014, 03:07 PM   #84  
oneuh2

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
Thanks!

PS. I want to come to dinner at your house, your recipes always sound great

Gosh thanks! My hubby does the grocery shopping and he can sear, roast and rest a steak to perfection. I am doing more cooking since starting IP... for instance, today is Friday and after work I would be glad to find a frozen pizza in the freezer and after having at least 3 pieces, then finish off with a Skinny Cow Truffle bar.... look Ma! No cooking!
Old 09-05-2014, 03:29 PM   #85  

S/C/G: 328.4/221.0/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneuh2 View Post
Gosh thanks! My hubby does the grocery shopping and he can sear, roast and rest a steak to perfection. I am doing more cooking since starting IP... for instance, today is Friday and after work I would be glad to find a frozen pizza in the freezer and after having at least 3 pieces, then finish off with a Skinny Cow Truffle bar.... look Ma! No cooking!
This is why I make what I refer to as "Food Cubes". I cook large batches of soups or stews and portion them out into single meals in rectangular storage containers. Once they are frozen I pop them out and put them in Ziplock Perfect Portion bags labeled with what they are and the date. There is no wasted space in the freezer so I can store a greater variety of options

Anytime I don't want to cook dinner I have an OP meal waiting for me. A few minutes in the microwave and I'm all set.
Wahoofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 04:53 PM   #86  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by WABelle View Post
I take some beef pot roast (whatever fits in my crockpot) and add some Worcester Sauce. I throw in some garlic and some stevia and some apple cider vinegar. I like the taste of A1 steak sauce and when you mix those together it mimics it just enough that I like it.

Cook whatever veggies you like in the crock and you are good to go. I make this for everyone and they have no idea that it is IP friendly.

I am going to agree with the poster that said she doesn't like WF BBQ sauce as it stands...I think it is waaay to sweet so I use it with Worcester Sauce to tweak it until it stops being so sweet.

You can add the WF BBQ sauce to the meat if you like it. I prefer to eat mine with the 'pretend' A1
I was told Worcestershire sauce is not IP friendly. I still put it in my marinade and a splash in my mock "Caesar" dressing. I don't think it has effected me.
ChipnDip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 05:07 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 196/ticker/145

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wahoofan View Post
This is why I make what I refer to as "Food Cubes". I cook large batches of soups or stews and portion them out into single meals in rectangular storage containers. Once they are frozen I pop them out and put them in Ziplock Perfect Portion bags labeled with what they are and the date. There is no wasted space in the freezer so I can store a greater variety of options

Anytime I don't want to cook dinner I have an OP meal waiting for me. A few minutes in the microwave and I'm all set.
This is such a smart idea! Thanks!
Tanklan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 11:16 PM   #88  
oneuh2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wahoofan View Post

Thanks for sharing -- this is an excellent idea!
Old 09-06-2014, 09:42 AM   #89  

S/C/G: 208/?/150

Height: 5'9"

I throw lean steak in the crock pot with WF Asian sauce... Makes it a lot more tender. I weigh it all before, then weigh after and just separate by the # of servings I determined there were in the beginning.
TXWineo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 03:22 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 242/217/180

Height: 5'6

I made this last night:

2 c. sauerkraut
7 oz. pork tenderloin (fat trimmed)
1/8 yellow onion
1/2 c. water
2 tsp. Evoolution Tuscan olive oil
Salt and Pepper to taste.

It's cooking at home as we speak.