IP Friendly Crock pot recipes

You're on Page 3 of 7
Go to
  • Quote: Do you think Turnips would be good? I have never used a rutabaga, honestly, don't even know what to look for LOL...I saw a recipe in Liz'z link for rutabaga pie, says its like sweet potato...want to try it if i can find the darn thing
    I'm sure it would work fine with turnips, the veggies would just have a stronger flavor. Rutabaga has a milder flavor than regular turnips
  • Quote: My hubby made this one night and the chicken was soooo good. We paired it up with some cauliflower rice and mushrooms. In the directions it says to put the ingedients in a pot first and boil them, which he didn't do (so much for reading directions) but it still came out great. He basically just threw everything in the crock pot.

Slow Cooker Sweet Teriyaki Chicken Recipe:

Ingredients:
    1 c. soy sauce
    1 c. sugar (we used sweetener to make it IP friendly)
    1 teaspoon garlic salt
    1/2 an onion, chopped
    4-6 chicken breasts

Directions:
    Put all of the ingredients but chicken into a pot over medium heat until boiling. Pour over chicken in crock pot. Cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-8 hours. Serve over rice.

We have also done pulled pork in the crock pot. We used the pork tenderloin and I just added some random stuff . . vinegar, soy sauce, sweetener, ketchup, and water. Let it cook all day on low, and had very tender, falling appart meat. I mixed it with some ketchup and WF bbq sauce. Yummy!
    Wow this sounds delicious. I am thinking I will try this, this weekend.
  • It's taken me 3 months to figure out the crock pot is the perfect way to cook for my whole family! Whatever is in the pot is IP friendly, then I just add noodles, rice, or potatoes for the husband and kiddo! I can't believe I spent so much time cooking 2 or 3 different dinners! Love all the recipes...looks like the slow cooker is getting another work out this week!
  • loving some of theses recipes!! Being that I'm a single mom that works full time, I'll be doing a lot of IP friendly crock pot meals....keep 'em coming!
  • Last night was the first night I ever cooked chicken in the slow cooker. Thanks for the inspiration to all who post recipes in the IP threads.

What I did was take the spicing ingredients from the fried rice cauliflower and poured it on the chicken.

So 1/2 cup soy sauce
    1 tbsp minced ginger
    1 tbsp pureed garlic

Chicken was cubed to 1 inch pieces - 5 chicken breasts

I cooked it on high for 3 hours which was probably a little long. Be sure to stir occasionally or the chicken becomes a big lump.

I made cauliflower rice and added mushroom, celery and broccoli stalk. This I sautéed (if I used this work correctly) in EVOO and flavoured with salt, black pepper, red pepper flakes and garlic powder.

Our plates looked nice with white rice looking dish and dark looking chicken. We did not eat the extra soy sauce mixture.

My whole family enjoyed the dish. And this was a huge step out of my comfort zone.
  • I have the chicken "wing" recipe in the crockpot today. I serve over salad and hubby makes a wrap!
  • does anyone have anymore awesome recipes?
  • I know I have posted this somewhere before, but I do Italian-style chicken and zucchini in the Crock Pot. You need two or three zucchini, chopped into chunks; boneless, skinless chicken breasts (frozen are okay); a can or two of diced or crushed tomatoes; and Italian spices.

Spray your Crock Pot with non-stick spray. Put in your cubed zucchini and season with a little salt and pepper. Lay your chicken breasts on top, then dump the tomatoes over the chicken. Sprinkle with Italian seasonings (garlic, oregano, etc.) to your liking, and maybe some salt. Gently stir the seasoning into the tomatoes.

I let it cook on low while I am at work, so it is cooking for a good eight hours. Yum! This would also be good over some cauli rice.
  • Hubby has made IP Pot Roast a few times on this program. He seasons and sears a cut of leaner beef. Then he chops up a bunch of veggies- turnips are my fav, we also do celery, zucchini, sometimes rutabaga...

He puts the seared meat and veg into the crock pot with some bay leaves, garlic, and a can or two of diced tomatoes. Add some beef or veg broth. Let it cook away! Toward the end, add some onions to wilt a bit. Delish!

And, when he made this, we would make a TON of extra veg. I would eat the veg with IP rotini for lunch when the meat was all gone. Yummmm!!!
  • This recipe makes chicken very easy!
    http://www.food.com/recipe/crock-pot...-thighs-385169

I use water and/or low-sodium chicken broth and have done the variations with taco seasoning, soy sauce, and 1/2 packet of the onion soup mix. I've done it with chicken thighs or breasts. It's been delicious every time!
  • Hi all... I love my crock pot and have been doing a few dinners this way!

Pork tacos-- I trimmed a pork tenderloin, added 1 packet of low sodium taco seasoning, I chose the one with the lowest sugar. I let that cook all day, shredded it and then added the IP salt. DH added more taco seasoning but I liked it-- I wrapped it in lettuce leaves and 8 oz was 5 rolls. It was delicious. Next night I had two eggs with some left over pork (4oz). It was delicious!

Buffalo chicken: I cut chicken breasts into thinner chicken pieces and put in the crock put with Franks hot sauce and some buffalo hot sauce with 0 carbs and sugar (anchor bar was the band I used). I let it cook all day-- I had the chicken on its own, so flavorful then some steamed broccoli and lettuce.

Chicken and Zucchini- Cubed zucchini on bottom of olive oil greased crock pot, then chicken (Ip Salt and pepper, and a little garlic powder) and then home made marinara. Cook all day and enjoy!
  • I made this the other night and it is delicious! The meat was really tender. I thickened the liquid with just a little arrowroot so I had a delicious mushroom gravy to spread over my cutlets and my mashed cauliflower. I will make this often.

Cube Steaks in Gravy

1 tablespoon olive oil
    1 1/2 pounds cube steaks
    8 ounces sliced mushrooms
    3 cups beef broth
    1 tablespoon beef bouillon concentrate (didn't even use this)
    Guar or xanthan (for thickening)

1. In a big, heavy skillet, heat the oil and brown the steaks on both sides.

2. Put the mushrooms in your slow cooker.

3. In a bowl, stir the broth and bouillon and pour the mixture over the mushrooms. Place the steaks on top. Cover the slow cooker, set it to low and let it cook for 6 to 7 hours.

4. When the time's up, remove the steaks and thicken the sauce with guar or xanthan to your liking.

5. Serve with Fauxtatoes.

Servings: 3
  • So maybe this is a dumb question, but I want to get started with using a slow cooker for IP dinners, how do you measure the meat portion if you try to make multiple portions? For example, what if its shredded chicken?
  • Quote: So maybe this is a dumb question, but I want to get started with using a slow cooker for IP dinners, how do you measure the meat portion if you try to make multiple portions? For example, what if its shredded chicken?
    Measure it raw so you know how many portions it is making and then divide the finished product up when you are done. Some people use 6 oz for weighing when cooked. When I make chili, I just divide into equal portions by weighing them all. If you know you have 4 servings of protein then do 4 or 8 cups of veggies.
  • Quote:
    We have also done pulled pork in the crock pot. We used the pork tenderloin and I just added some random stuff . . vinegar, soy sauce, sweetener, ketchup, and water. Let it cook all day on low, and had very tender, falling appart meat. I mixed it with some ketchup and WF bbq sauce. Yummy!
    I made the pulled pork in the slow cooker last night. Amazing! I used apple cider vinegar, Braggs Amino (soy sauce like), water and WF BBQ sauce. I also added a few drops of liquid smoke, which I had never heard of until recently. Once it was done, I shredded it and then added some of the leftover sauce to it. It was so delicious. I weighed the tenderloin beforehand and figured out how many servings I could get.

I then did some roasted cauliflower, zucchini and red peppers in the oven. I will definitely make this again. Too easy!