Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2012, 12:27 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starshine72 View Post
Okay, I just finished my 4th weight lifting session, and now I'm sitting down to a mocha chocolate frozen protein drink. Is it so bad that one of the reasons I enjoy lifting weights is that I get to drink the mocha chocolate drink after it?
That sounds DELICIOUS! I've been adding my premier shake to coffee and it tastes like a mocha. Mmmm, mmm, mmmm. Are you a big coffee person?

What kind of weight lifting routine do you do?
Old 09-27-2012, 12:28 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 260/200.6/180

Height: 5' 9"

Looking forward to tomorrow's WI...hoping to make it to onederland. TOM came yesterday so if I don't make it tomorrow I will DEFINITELY make it next week.

I am also excited that I need to go shopping as now my 14s are getting baggy in the rear after I sit for a little bit. I think the last time I was in a 12 was in 6th grade (30 years ago).

Hope to find a brand that is true to size and fits well. I keep getting my clothes at walmart but I got a 30% off coupon for Kohls so going to head there this weekend as I usually make out well on prices.

If anyone has a brand of pants they can recommend I am all ears!

Hope everyone has a great OP day. Even with TOM I am happy and feel great!

Old 09-27-2012, 12:34 PM   #33  

kau 2012 LOVE YOUR ATTITUDE!! Keep it up!

As for me, NSV treating myself to a new fancy belt - since my old one no longer fits, lunch and pedi's with my mom this weekend!
Old 09-27-2012, 12:36 PM   #34  
Ready to reboot

S/C/G: Reboot with 140 as my goal

Height: 5'4"

This is my no Mio with my evening water experiment week. My coach said she lost an extra pound when she tried not using it. May be just a fluke but thought I'd give it a try.

My NSV is one more notch on my belts!! And I have made the BEST EVER veggie crackers in my dehydrator this past week.
Old 09-27-2012, 12:39 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 250?/146.6/160?

Height: 5' 7 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by djs06 View Post
Ugh, I am having such a crummy day. I just got hugely disappointing news and it was all I could do to not stuff my face in the office candy bowl. I almost grabbed a kit kat bar without even thinking about it. Thankfully I didn't, just went back to my desk and drank coffee with my premier shake and vented through text. I'm still wanting to kick something and/or curl up and cry or scream at the top of my lungs, but at least I stayed away from emotional eating.

Uggggggh.
Oh, that's awful! But good that your controlled the emotional eating. Go and get the anger out in another way. I hope things get better! I find taking a nap seems to help, but then, you're at work.
Old 09-27-2012, 12:42 PM   #36  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

Default I'm back!

Back from Alaska everyone, I missed you all, and am excited to go back to phase 1 on October 1st (payday) to push to my final goal weight before Christmas. I had a gain while on the cruise, but was doing great maintaining before then, dropped to 162.2 at my lowest, and then made it up to 170.0 after about 5 weeks of being off plan/doing my own thing. I'm enjoying my last few days of "normal" and then will be able to appreciate the normalcy of the diet and will be able to focus on getting down to 145.0 before thanksgiving (when I'll stop and take a look to determine if I'll continue losing).

I have to wonder though...I only gained 7.8 lbs, how much of that is my glycogen levels restoring I wonder...
Old 09-27-2012, 12:49 PM   #37  

Quote:
That sounds DELICIOUS! I've been adding my premier shake to coffee and it tastes like a mocha. Mmmm, mmm, mmmm. Are you a big coffee person?

What kind of weight lifting routine do you do?
Hey DJS, I used to drink coffee, but it was more for the cream and sugar. But I really don't like coffee all that much. I add Trader Joes instant to my protein drink. A serving in the morning and then if I want it later, I use decaf. When I started IP, I went to green tea for the caffeine. I can drink that without any additives.

As to weight lifting. Well, I used to lift very heavily a long time ago, so it's kind of in my blood to do that. That being said, I have to see how this works with IP. I don't want to stall my weight loss, but I do want to increase my muscle and definition, so when I lose weight it will be there. I have a vision in my mind of what I used to be, that I hope I can get back too.

At this point, I'm doing a split routine that works each muscle group twice a week (weekends off, where I hope to do some basic yoga). I'm doing things like chest press, shoulder work, squats, etc. It's really light right now, but I can feel myself wanting to push myself again. So not sure how good that is, but we'll see.

I know Dana from Austin does the Slow Burn weight lifting that is supposed to be good for IP, so if you're interested, you might want to check that out.

Glad you're feeling better after the tough time at work!
Old 09-27-2012, 12:56 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 232/197/132

Height: 5'3"

Smile chi chi

Good Morning,

I just registered today. I have been on IP for 11 weeks and have lost 32 lbs. WI today, I only lost 1 pound, the lowest lost yet so I am a little disappointed. Also inches not coming off my belly...........but onward and upward.
Old 09-27-2012, 12:59 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starshine72 View Post
Hey DJS, I used to drink coffee, but it was more for the cream and sugar. But I really don't like coffee all that much. I add Trader Joes instant to my protein drink. A serving in the morning and then if I want it later, I use decaf. When I started IP, I went to green tea for the caffeine. I can drink that without any additives.

As to weight lifting. Well, I used to lift very heavily a long time ago, so it's kind of in my blood to do that. That being said, I have to see how this works with IP. I don't want to stall my weight loss, but I do want to increase my muscle and definition, so when I lose weight it will be there. I have a vision in my mind of what I used to be, that I hope I can get back too.

At this point, I'm doing a split routine that works each muscle group twice a week (weekends off, where I hope to do some basic yoga). I'm doing things like chest press, shoulder work, squats, etc. It's really light right now, but I can feel myself wanting to push myself again. So not sure how good that is, but we'll see.

I know Dana from Austin does the Slow Burn weight lifting that is supposed to be good for IP, so if you're interested, you might want to check that out.

Glad you're feeling better after the tough time at work!
That sounds great! I haven't been weight lifting because of the same fears. I was thinking "oh, I'll just get to goal and then start lifting and exercising hard." I've been doing some yoga and that's it. Before IP I was swimming but I've heard that's also terrible for losses. Regardless I think it's a great idea to lift and I really want to incorporate it back into my life. thanks for the ideas! And the sympathy
Old 09-27-2012, 01:02 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 149/131/130

Today is going to be great because my daughter has her first home meet for high school swimming. I work at the University where they practice and compete so I am very excited that I won't have to miss any of it. She has already qualified for state but I am still hoping to see her get a best time.
Old 09-27-2012, 01:16 PM   #41  

Quote:
That sounds great! I haven't been weight lifting because of the same fears. I was thinking "oh, I'll just get to goal and then start lifting and exercising hard." I've been doing some yoga and that's it. Before IP I was swimming but I've heard that's also terrible for losses. Regardless I think it's a great idea to lift and I really want to incorporate it back into my life. thanks for the ideas! And the sympathy
Yes, it's the fear of it too. I'm walking in the evening too. The walk takes away stress, and I get to get out, which is good for my soul. I'll have to see if this hinders my weight loss. Of course, muscle will be building too.
Old 09-27-2012, 02:00 PM   #42  
Restart 4/1/19

S/C/G: 226.8/190.0/140

Height: 5' 5"

So...small NSV...I am finally fitting back into my size 14 pants!! I had lost 28lbs last year, but then gained 38lbs back and had gone up to a size 16. Today I tried the size 14's that I hadn't worn in awhile and they actually fit!! Yay! This is the kind of progress that means something to me!

Hope everyone is having a fantastic Thursday!
Old 09-27-2012, 02:15 PM   #43  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaypix View Post
Back from Alaska everyone, I missed you all, and am excited to go back to phase 1 on October 1st (payday) to push to my final goal weight before Christmas. I had a gain while on the cruise, but was doing great maintaining before then, dropped to 162.2 at my lowest, and then made it up to 170.0 after about 5 weeks of being off plan/doing my own thing. I'm enjoying my last few days of "normal" and then will be able to appreciate the normalcy of the diet and will be able to focus on getting down to 145.0 before thanksgiving (when I'll stop and take a look to determine if I'll continue losing).

I have to wonder though...I only gained 7.8 lbs, how much of that is my glycogen levels restoring I wonder...
Welcome back. Today is the day for those who have been gone for a while to return. mlucas posted earlier, now Kaypix.

I bet it was really exciting to cruise to Alaska. Doubt I'll ever be that lucky. Glad to hear you'll be back hitting it hard soon. You know the program works.

We missed you.
Molly
Old 09-27-2012, 02:17 PM   #44  
IP rebooting

S/C/G: 276/ticker/150

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Ugh, I am having such a crummy day. I just got hugely disappointing news and it was all I could do to not stuff my face in the office candy bowl. I almost grabbed a kit kat bar without even thinking about it. Thankfully I didn't, just went back to my desk and drank coffee with my premier shake and vented through text. I'm still wanting to kick something and/or curl up and cry or scream at the top of my lungs, but at least I stayed away from emotional eating.

Uggggggh.
Way to stay strong. Here's hoping for good news at some point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpersons View Post
Been stressful week. Hoping it doesn't effect my weight loss.
I have had a horribly stressful week and still pulled out a 4lb loss this week. Hopefully you will get a good suprise when you weigh-in!

Had my week 4 weigh-in today and lost another 4lbs. I wasn't expecting it this much, but was really happy with it. So close to the first 20 lbs gone. I honestly haven't noticed my clothes fitting a ton differently, but my arms are shrinking like nobodys business. For the first time in I can't remember I can see the muscles I do have. It's funny where our bodies decide to pull the fat off first. so anyway YAY for a NSV.
Old 09-27-2012, 02:31 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 252/252/125

Attempting to make "garlic bread" cauliflower, egg white, and seasonings....verdict in approximately 15 minutes
Closed Thread