Old 09-25-2012, 08:52 PM   #16  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Here's the thing - Eating the way you did before is what landed you on the diet train in the first place. In order to change your body you have to change your way of eating. I am not for a minute saying you need to accept bland, tasteless food - I would probably throw in the towel too if that were the case. BUT eating nothing but frozen meals (Which are LOADED with salt and fake flavor boosters and sauces that mess with your taste buds) and breaded, sauced meats is not going to help you learn HOW to eat things that are better for you. Or how to use spices and flavor boosters in a healthy way. You basically need to look at IP like boot camp - it's a crash course retraining of your taste buds and your attitude towards food.

Only you can decide whether this diet is a good fit for you - it's not easy, especially if you are having trouble with the taste adjustments - but it's not impossible if you give it time and let your tastes change. We're all here to help if you decide to stick with it!
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:55 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 248/213/150

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow2lose View Post
I'm failing miserably here. It's not the hunger, the water or the supplements - which is what I thought I'd struggle with - it's the food - both IP and normal.

We all know I can't cook for ****, but I'm trying. I think to some degree it's what we have to work with. Last night I tried ground beef stir fried with veggies and tonight the exact same thing with chicken. It's so disgusting I'd rather starve than eat it. There is no flavour.

I fried up a cut up chicken breast and then added broccoli, green onions, garlic, etc and added some soy sauce and it's HORRIBLE. I actually gagged when I tried to eat it and had to spit it out.

How do I make this edible? Its day 2 and I'm already sick of broccoli and sweet peppers.

Sorry to be such a complainer - I really want this to work but I need to be able eat without gagging. I'm so used to breading and sauces.
Lol this just cracked me up, and here's what I have to say..... You Wei 138. I say quit the gagging and eat real food.
Rhonduz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:05 PM   #18  
Start: Dec. 18, 2017

S/C/G: 211/210/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonduz View Post
Lol this just cracked me up, and here's what I have to say..... You Wei 138. I say quit the gagging and eat real food.
Oh! I didn't catch that! Actually slow2lose weighs 123 now...within the recommended healthy range. Still, it would benefit to learn how to prepare healthy meals without all sorts of additives.
learning to fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:27 PM   #19  

Quote:
Originally Posted by learning to fly View Post
Oh! I didn't catch that! Actually slow2lose weighs 123 now...within the recommended healthy range. Still, it would benefit to learn how to prepare healthy meals without all sorts of additives.
It still cracked me up. Finally someone with a sense of humor. Now of course I'm not encouraging her to pull through a fast food place but come on, forget the ip foods and eat smart. Why gag?
Old 09-25-2012, 09:41 PM   #20  
Reboot 9/2014

Quote:
It still cracked me up. Finally someone with a sense of humor. Now of course I'm not encouraging her to pull through a fast food place but come on, forget the ip foods and eat smart. Why gag?
I get what you're saying - however I know more than a few people that have used IP to get rid of the last 10-20 pounds that simply would not come off with other diet methods. Not everyone has to go through the dramatic weight loss that someone like me needs. The program is useful and works whether you have 10 or 100 pounds to get rid of.
Old 09-25-2012, 09:45 PM   #21  
Started IP 7/20/2012

S/C/G: 250.4/???/155

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
My thoughts exactly! No disrespect intended, but if I was used to working out 2 hours a day, didn't know how to cook and wanted to lose only EIGHT pounds even though my BMI was already in the normal range, I certainly wouldn't go on IP!
exactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:32 PM   #22  
Back for a tweak

S/C/G: 120/115/110

Height: 5'0"

Thanks everyone for the input and support and I am going to stick with this. My plan has always been to do it until the end of October and wherever I am at then, onto Phase 2.

The reason I want to get those last few pounds off on IP is because Weight Watchers was painstakingly slow. Probably because I was eating too many carbs.

I'm turning 50 on Christmas Eve and decided a couple of months ago to make it a personal goal to lose some weight I gained and get into shape. I was a total couch potato, used to come home from work every day and eat chips and chocolate and nap. It was a very unhealthy lifestyle.

I started to read about how much muscle mass women lose over the age of 40, and then the hormonal things that happen as a result of menopause which I have to start thinking about. I started to worry about bone density and muscle loss due to the joys of aging and wanted to do what I could now to turn that around.

So I hired a trainer, started working out, and joined Weight Watchers. A few women at my gym that were in their 40s but couldn't get the fat off told me about IP and the success they had with it. Most of them were only looking to lose 10-20 pounds and did it very quickly, so that is why I decided to try it too.

The only thing is I didn't realize how crappy my cooking skills were and how much I disliked plain food. Somehow I hope I can make this work.
slow2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:37 PM   #23  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

I LOVE ground chicken, or the IP chicken patty with garam marsala, or curry, or ANY spice you love. Fry that up and put them in a larger mushroom, throw on the BBQ or in a fry pan... yum! I put the flavoured ground chicken on my salad, or just nibble on it.... man I'm becoming a regular carnivore
IP43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:39 PM   #24  

Quote:
Originally Posted by exactor View Post
My thoughts exactly! No disrespect intended, but if I was used to working out 2 hours a day, didn't know how to cook and wanted to lose only EIGHT pounds even though my BMI was already in the normal range, I certainly wouldn't go on IP!
My point exactly! But more importantly, this was truly funny. I finally had tears in my eyes from laughing! I need a laugh! Not much to laugh about this diet! That picture is what I had for supper last night. Come on, got to laugh at that this is extremes. I want slow to be healthy and HAPPY. She made me laugh about a bad situation and I appreciated it. That's all
Old 09-25-2012, 10:40 PM   #25  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Final thought from me -- look at the support you're getting here. People care and are taking the time to help you, give you advice, sending you invitations to personally contact them to help.... this is a GREAT group. YOU have to decide. We're here, and this works. If you wanna give this a go, you'll be successful and will get lots of advice and help here. However, at the end of the day, it's up to you. Eating the fried battered meat cubes is what got a lot of us HERE in the first place. If you do what you always did, you'll get what you always got -- and that for most of us, is "overweight".
IP43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:36 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Try walden farm BBQ sauce. It is surprisingly good.
Toss some asparagus in olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Bake at 400 f for 10 mins. Delicious.
Momto2cs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 01:17 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 165/158/120

Height: 5 feet 3 inches

My very first meal on IP was the crispy cereal -- man, was I worried after that! I've only been OP for one week, and I'm already learning new, healthier ways to prepare my favorite foods.

BBQ chicken pizza -- with cauliflower crust!

I love, love spaghetti, and was craving it on Day 2. So I looked up a recipe to see if there was anything like it. I found a recipe that used sliced zucchini as spaghetti noodles! So I took some WF Tomato and Basil sauce (which I had to doctor up with some stevia, garlic and onion powder, and Italian seasoning), 90/10 lean ground beef, and combined it all with the zucchini noodles. And I had my most favorite dish! Now, if I can figure out how to make garlic bread, and I'll be in IP heaven...

Point is, there are lots of ways to make dishes. I am an atrocious cook -- I am a microwave master, and only that.. Before this week on IP, I didn't own a slicer, a rolling pin, a cupcake pan, or even have any parchment paper for cooking.

Try things out. My first cauliflower crust feel apart. My chicken alfredo pasta was gross. Even if you mess up, move on and try again.
NoirStories is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 10:25 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 278/226/215

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow2lose View Post
Attachment 43208

Here is a picture - could YOU eat this?
Seriously??? That looks very edible to me!
Gordito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 11:57 AM   #29  
Reboot 9/2014

I'm kinda surprised - usually I find folks here to be supportive. Just because someone is closer to their goal weight or doesn't have as much to lose, it doesn't mean they have any less of a right to be here and ask questions. It's disappointing.
Old 09-26-2012, 12:11 PM   #30  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

its a support group, this is...everyone has a right to be here and have their own opinions, lawd knows, I have butted heads a few times on here when it comes to support and opinions.....lol
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote