Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2012, 10:29 AM   #31  
Doin' it for ME

S/C/G: 228/210/140

Height: 5'5"

Default Newbie day 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Happy Tuesday! Hope everyone with WI today sees the needle drop a little!

Today is baking prep day, I have a couple of cakes to make for the weekend so I'm getting some done today and hopefully will just have finishing/decorating left on Thursday. My BIL and SIL invited us over for dinner so I won't have to contend with baking AND mealtime dishes tonight!

I've been scouring my recipes for the presentation I have to give next weekend at my clinic's open house - she asked for recipes that are good for busy folks who don't have a lot of time to cook. I've got a few ideas (mostly how to prepare your meat on one day and have it to eat all week) - but I would love some suggestions for favorite "quick and easy" IP dinners!
Scorbett,

I saw your post in the what are you eating thread. I would love the garlic zucchini chips recipie (or can you direct me to thread it may be posted on).

Thanks,

Cheryl:
Old 09-25-2012, 10:32 AM   #32  
IP Start: 8/17/12

S/C/G: 183/150/150

Just wanted to mention that I love the veggie purees for lunch. I've used them as soup by themselves...especially Rainbow’s base for "Salmon Bisque" below. Instead of salmon I have added some shredded chicken.

Rainbow's Salmon Bisque Base recipe: “i start with sautéing diced cauliflower, red bell peppers, yellow bell peppers and green onions....then i add salt, pepper, old bay seasoning to taste...i like a LOT....and some red pepper flakes!!....and a dash or 2 or 10 of hot sauce....to your taste....but i like it SPICY!! once they are soft i add 1/2 cup chicken broth....i use college inn 5 calorie a can broth....and simmer til tender. then i puree them all into the magic bullet...adding a little broth as needed...but not too much cause this is THICK BISQUE!!”

I’ve also used LizRR's veggie puree recipes and added them to the IP Mushroom Soup or IP Broccoli and Cheese Soup. YUM! So much better than eating salad everyday.
Old 09-25-2012, 10:33 AM   #33  
Doin' it for ME

Default Newbie Day 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthyangie View Post
Today's WI #7 for me and my final Phase I day! I hope anyway Looking forward to Moving It On ..... I also get my first rescan for water, muscle, BMI, etc since the start so it will be interesting to see how it's changed!
Can't wait to make that Apricot breakfast thing that LizRR posted last week!!!
Congrats Healthyangie!!! Will look forward to your posts regarding the next phases
Old 09-25-2012, 10:37 AM   #34  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpersons View Post
Scorbett,

I saw your post in the what are you eating thread. I would love the garlic zucchini chips recipie (or can you direct me to thread it may be posted on).

Thanks,

Cheryl:
I got the zucchini chips from Rainbow's Mix'n thread - you thin-slice the zucchini (with a mandolin, I set mine to somewhere between 1/8 and 1/4 inch thick). Arrange on a parchment-paper lined baking sheet, spray with EVOO (I use my Misto), then I sprinkle with sea salt and garlic powder. Bake at 175 (that's as low as my oven goes) for about an hour and a half. Take them out, flip them over, and bake for another 45 minutes to an hour.

I know some folks also use their dehydrators to make them, but I haven't invested in one yet so the oven it is!
Old 09-25-2012, 10:38 AM   #35  

Quote:
Happy Tuesday! Hope everyone with WI today sees the needle drop a little!

Today is baking prep day, I have a couple of cakes to make for the weekend so I'm getting some done today and hopefully will just have finishing/decorating left on Thursday. My BIL and SIL invited us over for dinner so I won't have to contend with baking AND mealtime dishes tonight!

I've been scouring my recipes for the presentation I have to give next weekend at my clinic's open house - she asked for recipes that are good for busy folks who don't have a lot of time to cook. I've got a few ideas (mostly how to prepare your meat on one day and have it to eat all week) - but I would love some suggestions for favorite "quick and easy" IP dinners!
My favorite fast meal is the Big Mac in a Bowl. Just cook the meat the day or two before and nuke it before you dump it on top of the lettuce.
Old 09-25-2012, 10:41 AM   #36  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbl70 View Post
My favorite fast meal is the Big Mac in a Bowl. Just cook the meat the day or two before and nuke it before you dump it on top of the lettuce.
That one is DEFINITELY on my list! Soooo good!!!
Old 09-25-2012, 10:43 AM   #37  
IP rebooting

S/C/G: 276/ticker/150

Height: 5'5

What a great day for loses and NSVs!
Had a rough night with my 16month old 2 nights ago and made it through yesterday with flying colors- usually I would have had to have a nap and yesterday I got so much done. Love the energy kick I have gotten with IP. I am 5 days from being 100% for 1 month- I can honestly say I haven't been this proud of myself in a long time. For those of you struggling keep with it- You can do it and when you do it feels awesome! Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 09-25-2012, 11:03 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

Scorbett,

My favorite 'quick' go-tos for dinner are:
-Big mac in a bowl
-Ground turkey (seasoned with herbs de provence) mixed with caul-rice and a little bit of olive oil
-A roast in the crock pot with 1/3 c soy sauce and just about covered in water
-Shredded chicken in the crock pot (sometimes with buffalo sauce, sometimes with just some chicken broth) over a salad.

I do all of my pureeing on the weekend; then I do all of my chopping when I first use the veggie (last night I made rutabaga fries, and I cut up the whole rutabaga and portioned it out- same with zucchini for zucc chips, etc. I find that I have a lot more patience for food prep in the beginning of the week- by Wednesday/Thursday I just want to throw something in the microwave or oven and be done with it). I also usually make enough meat for two meals so I can switch between leftovers and only cook two or three times.
Old 09-25-2012, 11:11 AM   #39  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedamberly View Post
What a great day for loses and NSVs!
Had a rough night with my 16month old 2 nights ago and made it through yesterday with flying colors- usually I would have had to have a nap and yesterday I got so much done. Love the energy kick I have gotten with IP. I am 5 days from being 100% for 1 month- I can honestly say I haven't been this proud of myself in a long time. For those of you struggling keep with it- You can do it and when you do it feels awesome! Hope everyone has a great day!
You should be proud!!!..stick to it and your results will be amazing!!

As far as the mulit quotes, on the right side at the bottom of each post there is a piece of paper then next to is there is another piece of paper with the +sign in it. Click on the + one, it will high light red, when you are finished click reply post and everything you have quoted will fall into the box to type. After each quote you will see [quote] type AFTER that at the end of each quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:26 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 167/129/125

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthyangie View Post
Oh how exciting!!!!! Yeah - I get the part about REAL PANTS - you mean ones with a zipper and button and not elastic right
That's exactly right- and wearing a shirt TUCKED IN!
Old 09-25-2012, 11:26 AM   #41  
Jim V

S/C/G: 214214165

Height: 5 ft 5 inches

Default Nice work you look Great

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddiefoofoo View Post
3 more days until i start P4 on Friday! I am SO excited -

I know maintaining forever is the hard part- but to say "I am pleased with my weight. I am happy with my size. I am done with my DIET. 40 pounds gone forever" In my life, i have never said these things.

Joy sneaks in while working out. (Find myself SMILING while exercising.) I am dancing to music while washing dishes. I put on REAL PANTS to go to the market.

My old slogan: "I wish i was as thin as i was when i thought I was fat." Now, I am 10 pounds thinner than that.

Final pictures tomorrow. Since I haven't gained any weight on P3, it is even more exciting.

:c arrot:
Old 09-25-2012, 11:28 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 330/319/230

Height: 6'-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddd849 View Post
Big daddy. That's awesome!! How long have you been on IP?
13 weeks tripple D.
Old 09-25-2012, 11:43 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 145/124.8/120

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierra14k View Post
Has anyone experienced days of complete and total hungry? I've been having a few of those lately. Haven't cheated with the bad stuff yet but have had more than I am suppose to with veggies and protein. Even had 4 packets yesterday. 2 were Restrictives.
I have days where I'm hungry. Today is one of them! I tell myself it means I'm losing weight and I try to drink more water.
Old 09-25-2012, 12:11 PM   #44  
Doin' it for ME

Default Newbie Day 14

Quote:
I got the zucchini chips from Rainbow's Mix'n thread - you thin-slice the zucchini (with a mandolin, I set mine to somewhere between 1/8 and 1/4 inch thick). Arrange on a parchment-paper lined baking sheet, spray with EVOO (I use my Misto), then I sprinkle with sea salt and garlic powder. Bake at 175 (that's as low as my oven goes) for about an hour and a half. Take them out, flip them over, and bake for another 45 minutes to an hour.

I know some folks also use their dehydrators to make them, but I haven't invested in one yet so the oven it is!
Will try it this weekend! Need ideas to get more veggies in!

I have found A LOT of recipes on Rainbow's site. Looking forward to trying several of them.

Thanks so much! cp
Old 09-25-2012, 12:20 PM   #45  

Quote:
Originally Posted by locopollo View Post
I have days where I'm hungry. Today is one of them! I tell myself it means I'm losing weight and I try to drink more water.
Exactly what I do. If that doesn't work I do the 4th packet or grab some celery and WF caramel dip. In my 5 weeks on the program I've only had to do that 3 or 4 times.
Closed Thread