Closed Thread

Old 12-22-2012, 08:29 AM   #1  

Default IP Weekend Chat Sat/Sun Dec 22/23, 2012

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
and here Fun with Veggie Purees!

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19
Old 12-22-2012, 08:35 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

I'll introduce myself on the weekend thread too! I have "lurked" for many months and decided I need to join in. I am offically down 80 pounds as of yesterday (40 more to go, but I know I can do it) and just want to thank this board. You all are awesome!!!
Old 12-22-2012, 08:39 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
I'll introduce myself on the weekend thread too! I have "lurked" for many months and decided I need to join in. I am offically down 80 pounds as of yesterday (40 more to go, but I know I can do it) and just want to thank this board. You all are awesome!!!
Congrats and welcome. This board has been great for me to. Keep up the good work
Old 12-22-2012, 08:43 AM   #4  

Thanks! Posted this late last night on yesterday's thread but want to make sure everyone knows. My coach got an email yesterday from IP headquarters. The peanut soy puffs are being discontinued. Whatever is left in stock at the warehouse is all that's left so stock up while you can!!!
Old 12-22-2012, 09:09 AM   #5  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Welcome IdealProteinNewbie! Great job on your losses so far!

I think Wuv (who is a coach) had posted about the PB puffs, she made a good point that when they discontinue something it's usually because they are going to come up with something new/better to take its place - let's hope so!!

Busy day ahead of us today - I have a couple of baking orders to bang out this morning, deliver, and get home in time to do some Christmas activities with the kids. Our local zoo has a holiday members-only event today, and we still have to get them to see Santa (parent fail!!). Also have to pick up hubby's Christmas present from Best Buy and stash it somewhere he can't find it

Busy running-around days like today require a lot of planning ahead, because there's always a VERY good chance my schedule will get derailed or delayed somehow. I'm having some veggies in my morning omelet for starters, then I only have to carry 1 cup of chopped veggie with me later. Dinner tonight may be out of my crockpot, but I may just hit up Applebees depending on how late we get done with everything. SO glad Christmas shopping isn't on the list of To Do's!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old 12-22-2012, 09:37 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 211/181/155

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
80!! Congratulaions!! That's amazing!!!
Old 12-22-2012, 09:52 AM   #7  
Starting over: 7/29/2015

S/C/G: 257/251/150

Height: 5'3"

Welcome, Nitney! 80 lbs lost..that's great!

Good morning! It's gonna be a long day! I've been up since 2:00 am, and will probably crash later (sometimes I get insomnia...not often, thankfully). I've already been to the grocery store for my last trip before Christmas. I have LOTS of cleaning to do, since we are hosting Christmas Eve this year. I am expecting probably 15 people, including the three of us. It's fun, but exhausting. Christmas Day is nice, though, because it's just me, hubby and our son. We open gifts, then have a lazy day.
I have had lots of difficulty staying on program the last few days...this hectic time of year plays havoc with an eating program like IP that demands so much planning. I've been too busy to eat dinner on a couple of occasions, skipped lunch yesterday in order to do paperwork at my desk, and keep forgetting packets and supplements! I've decided I'm not going to stress over it, I'm just gonna get over it and vow to do better after all the Christmas stuff is over. I even cancelled my weigh in for next week because I just need a little mental IP break!
So my New Year's resolution will be to CONTINUE losing weight (instead of starting a diet for once, lol!) and I think I want to start a little strength training...feeling very jiggly lately, and I'd like to do something about that.
Have a nice weekend, everyone!
Old 12-22-2012, 10:12 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 267/159/150

Height: 5"3

Quote:
Thanks! Posted this late last night on yesterday's thread but want to make sure everyone knows. My coach got an email yesterday from IP headquarters. The peanut soy puffs are being discontinued. Whatever is left in stock at the warehouse is all that's left so stock up while you can!!!
1st: Welcome and jump right in!! The waters fine here!!

2nd: NOoooooooooooooooo I love those puffs every once in awhile. Good to know!!
Old 12-22-2012, 10:20 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 178/170/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Welcome! 80 pounds is amazing--congrats!
Old 12-22-2012, 10:20 AM   #10  

Thanks! It's funny, I "lurked" since May and now I can't wait to get to my 20 posts so I can get my ticker lol
Old 12-22-2012, 10:35 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 178/170/140

Height: 5'2"

Tam67green I hear you! I've had the same problem the past week or so with skipping packets or supplements forgetting dinner or veggies. I've also had some of protein at lunch and then eaten another 8 oz at dinner because it's been so hectic that I forgot and didn't look at my tracker until after dinner! Fortunately, I still lost this week, although not very much. This time of year it's so crazy that we just ave to do our best and keep going. it will be great to not have to make a New Year's resolution to lose weight this year! Much easier to say I'll continue doing something instead of starting from scratch.

Good luck to everyone doing their final Christmas shopping, cleaning, and errands!
Old 12-22-2012, 10:54 AM   #12  

Even though I just started posting I have been using this forum since May so I literally feel as though I know everyone. So...I have a small vent and also something that made me feel so appreciated. I work in a doctor's office so I see patients every so often. Well, I saw someone I hadn't seen in a few months and she said "Wow, you look so great!" I said "thank you!" and she then proceeded to say "But, you're losing so much slower than my friend who did the program." How's that for a back-handed compliment lol.

However, yesterday patient's brought in Christmas presents for the staff. Most people know I'm doing IP but gave me Godiva chocolates anyway (which I promptly gave to our receptionist) but one patient gave me a Crabtree + Evelyn lotion and bath gel set and told me how proud she is of me and my weight loss so far. I just found that sooo thoughtful and considerate especially when she went out of her way like that.

So I guess I'm trying to say that people can surprise you in both good and bad ways, but I'm concentrating my energy on the ones that make me feel good!!!
Old 12-22-2012, 11:04 AM   #13  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Hey IPeeps - I posted in a couple other threads...but I've been at the high end of my +/-3lb 'safe zone' and have been meaning to get some Phase 1 days to get to the lower end. The past 2 days I have been off of work I have veered off course by evenings end - the unstructured schedule and 'losing track' led to bad mojo. Definitely need a plan when I don't have my regular work schedule to keep me away from the kitchen - posted my plan today in the 'What are you eating today' thread- I credit that with helping me get through Phase 1 and need to remember that in maintenance. Especially during times like now, when I find myself home with all the food just a few steps away! And no ketosis to help curb the hunger and cravings!!!

I didn't go crazy, and my extras were 'healthy', but it definitely didn't add up to a Phase 1 day.

Last edited by LizRR; 12-22-2012 at 11:07 AM.
Old 12-22-2012, 11:22 AM   #14  
Reboot May 29, 2017

S/C/G: 250/250/180

Height: 5.4

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
Hey IPeeps - I posted in a couple other threads...but I've been at the high end of my +/-3lb 'safe zone' and have been meaning to get some Phase 1 days to get to the lower end. The past 2 days I have been off of work I have veered off course by evenings end - the unstructured schedule and 'losing track' led to bad mojo. Definitely need a plan when I don't have my regular work schedule to keep me away from the kitchen - posted my plan today in the 'What are you eating today' thread- I credit that with helping me get through Phase 1 and need to remember that in maintenance. Especially during times like now, when I find myself home with all the food just a few steps away! And no ketosis to help curb the hunger and cravings!!!

I didn't go crazy, and my extras were 'healthy', but it definitely didn't add up to a Phase 1 day.
Where do I find this 'What are you eating today' thread?
Old 12-22-2012, 11:27 AM   #15  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepperTown View Post
Where do I find this 'What are you eating today' thread?
It's a new thread created daily, here's todays:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...mber-22nd.html

A great to not only plan your own day, but to get inspiration and meal ideas as well.

Last edited by LizRR; 12-22-2012 at 11:28 AM.
Closed Thread